Windows 10: Cross-platform UWP Edge Shell and ChakraCore

Discus and support Cross-platform UWP Edge Shell and ChakraCore in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, Why isn't VSCode based on UWP Edge Shell and ChakraCore instead of Chromium and V8 (Electron)? Why isn't Edge Shell programmatically available... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ab35, Nov 19, 2018.

1. ab35 Win User

Cross-platform UWP Edge Shell and ChakraCore

Hi,

Why isn't VSCode based on UWP Edge Shell and ChakraCore instead of Chromium and V8 (Electron)?

Why isn't Edge Shell programmatically available in a cross-platform way, the same manner as chromium is with Puppeteer through a remote protocol, for building desktop applications with a nodejs backend ?

As a universal platform, one expects to be able to build desktop applications with web technologies like webassembly, nodejs and programmatically use the Edge shell for the UI. Also, one expects those applications to be cross-platform by default.

Thanks

:)

2. Brink Win User

Bringing ChakraCore to Linux and OS X

Source: Bringing ChakraCore to Linux and OS X | Microsoft Edge Dev Blog

Brink, Nov 19, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Node-ChakraCore and VM Neutrality in Node.js

Source: Node-ChakraCore and VM Neutrality in Node.js - Microsoft Edge Dev BlogMicrosoft Edge Dev Blog

Brink, Nov 19, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

ChakraCore GitHub repository is now open

Source: ChakraCore GitHub repository is now open | Microsoft Edge Dev Blog

Brink, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

1. Cross-platform UWP Edge Shell and ChakraCore - Similar Threads - Cross platform UWP

2. Cross-Platform Extras/Collectibles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cross-Platform Extras/Collectibles: Hi there,I would like to ask if it is possible to buy extras/collectibles on the Microsoft-Store for a game that you bought on another platform, like Steam?In my case, I would like to buy two collectibles for a game called “Little Nightmares 1” that I bought previously on...
  3. Minecraft Cross Platform

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Minecraft Cross Platform: Hello I am having an issue where my friend and I have friended each other on the Minecraft Windows 10 edition, however he is playing on PS4 and I am playing on PC, while another friend of mine is also playing on PS4. The issue is that I cannot find the world, whenever I...
  4. Store cross platforming

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Store cross platforming: Hey. If I buy a game on my laptop for $50 dollars, do I have to pay for it again to play the game with the same account on another device? If it help, I'm wishing to buy Sea of Theives Thanks....
  5. Cross platform

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cross platform: It is not letting me play with a ps4 player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cross-platform/b3c075e5-13ad-41ae-80ef-a5e9f995a827
  6. minecraft cross platform

in Windows 10 Gaming
    minecraft cross platform: when i hit find cross platform friends it says you cant add friends bc of how your microsoft account is set up how do i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-cross-platform/3bfc842e-4e17-4a1c-a03c-4bdf796361dd
  7. Minecraft cross-platform

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft cross-platform: I am trying to join my friends who are on various platforms on minecraft but an error message pops up reading: 'You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set up. Review and change your privacy settings at aka.ms/accountsettings' I have been...
  8. PS4 cross platform account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PS4 cross platform account: I am wondering when someone is going to get on top of this issue with the microsoft accounts not working for PS4. I've been trying for weeks to log in, and it always says failed to login. I feel as if this is unfair towards players on the PlayStation platform because nothing...
  9. PS4 cross platform account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PS4 cross platform account: I am wondering when someone is going to get on top of this issue with the microsoft accounts not working for PS4. I've been trying for weeks to log in, and it always says failed to login. I feel as if this is unfair towards players on the PlayStation platform because nothing...
  10. cross-platform play questions

in Windows 10 Support
    cross-platform play questions: I do not own an Xbox one or an Xbox 360, but my friend has an Xbox 360 and I have a windows 10 gaming PC. I was able to add him as a friend and send messages, but I see that a number of games do not show up in the windows 10 or Xbox one section of the store through the Xbox...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows cross platform shell