Windows 10: crossover cables / adapters

Discus and support crossover cables / adapters in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; crossover cables and adapters Never having used these before I have a few questions. Will they work with win 10 /7/ ubuntu or suse /mac 10.5 (power pc)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by thomaseg1, Apr 5, 2019.

1. thomaseg1 Win User

crossover cables / adapters

crossover cables and adapters
    Never having used these before I have a few questions.
    Will they work with win 10 /7/ ubuntu or suse /mac 10.5 (power pc)
    How does the other computer show up in say file explorer?( On both)
    Is there any adjustments to be made in the OS?
    Is the file transfer speed better than networking through wifi or ethernet?

:)

thomaseg1, Apr 5, 2019

2. How can i transfer files between a Windows 8.1 laptop and a Windows 10 Laptop using crossover cable?

<Original Title: transferring files via crossover cable>

I've got a laptop with 8.1 on it and want to move my files via crossover cable to a new laptop running 10. Help, please! I'm a complete newbie at this and have no idea even how to begin. I *did* buy the correct cable, though. I'm technologically challenged,
    so step by step would very deeply appreciated.

KateSoehnlen, Apr 5, 2019
  3. v12dock Win User
    Crossover cable

What is the purpose of a Crossover cable?

v12dock, Apr 5, 2019
  4. crossover cables / adapters

How to turn off a desktop from a laptop using crossover cable?

******Thanks for your reply but this is not going to be very helpful as it does not contain the main part which is - how to turn the desktop off when it is connected to the laptop using a crossover cable ?

Roger Cyan, Apr 5, 2019
Thema:

crossover cables / adapters

1. crossover cables / adapters - Similar Threads - crossover cables adapters

2. Created LAN network between two computers using crossover cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Created LAN network between two computers using crossover cable: Hello Microsoft, We have two PCs without network connections. We need them to be connected to a LAN network so they can share files with each other. For the setup, I'm using the "Crossover" cable and those IP configuration settings.PC1IP: 192.168.1.10Subnet mask:...
  3. Created LAN network between two computers using crossover cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Created LAN network between two computers using crossover cable: Hello Microsoft, We have two PCs without network connections. We need them to be connected to a LAN network so they can share files with each other. For the setup, I'm using the "Crossover" cable and those IP configuration settings.PC1IP: 192.168.1.10Subnet mask:...
  4. Laptops (2) connected by Crossover cable..can ping but cannot access?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptops (2) connected by Crossover cable..can ping but cannot access?: Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.752) Hi Everyone! I've worked on this problem for over two weeks now and applied every possible "fix" I could find. I'm attempting to transfer things from my old laptop to my new laptop by direct connecting with Crossover cable....
  5. Connecting Two Windows 10 Computers with a Crossover Cable

Connecting Two Windows 10 Computers with a Crossover Cable: I am try to connect two Windows 10/64 workstations via a Crossover Cable to share files. On system 1, I have set IPv4 IP to 192.168.0.1 with subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 I keep trying to set the Default Gateway to 192.168.0.1 and the Preferred DNS server to 192.168.0.1....
  6. For connecting USB 3.0 ethernet adapter with lan cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    For connecting USB 3.0 ethernet adapter with lan cable: I am trying to connect USB 3.0 ethernet adapter with LAN cable to xerox machine. but it is compatible with windows 7 and 8. I have windows 10. so what i can i do for connect. so for windows 10 product is available or not? please guide me. Thanku....
  7. Strange behaviour with Ethernet cable runnng on usb3 adapter

Strange behaviour with Ethernet cable runnng on usb3 adapter: hi there, to make a long story short, my touchpad with the pointer goes bezerk when i have the usb3 hub connected and i plug the internet via an ethernet cable. the mouse (external) works fine - everything works fine when it's on wireless though. If i plug the cable to the...
  8. Ethernet connection Logs while sharing file between two computers using crossover cable

Ethernet connection Logs while sharing file between two computers using crossover cable: I'm curious about to know that following questions (when we connect two computers using crossover cable and share some files ) 1. Is there any Logs/ Logs in MS Windows 10 if YES then please provide all the locations of these logs 2. If logs made for ethernet connected...
  9. Ethernet connection Logs while sharing file between two computers using crossover cable

Ethernet connection Logs while sharing file between two computers using crossover cable: I'm curious about to know that following questions (when we connect two computers using crossover cable and share some files ) 1. Is there any Logs/ Logs in MS Windows 10 if YES then please provide all the locations of these logs 2. If logs made for ethernet connected...
  10. Displayport to HDMI Cable vs Adapter

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Displayport to HDMI Cable vs Adapter: Getting a new PC next week, which has an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (3gb). Want to use the NVIDIA's Displayports on a dual monitor setup (HDMI inputs only). 1. Displayport to HDMI cable or adapter or does it matter ? 2. Any gotacha's I should look out for when buying ? 104342