Windows 10: Crossposting about file deletion

Discus and support Crossposting about file deletion in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/nhummel17 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i0urgu/crossposting_about_file_deletion/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nhummel17, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Crossposting about file deletion

/u/nhummel17, Jul 30, 2020
  2. Alden Rey Win User

deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    about temporary files which are not deleting

Hi,

There are several reasons why you are having issues deleting temporary files. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Jul 30, 2020
  4. MohanC Win User

Crossposting about file deletion

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Crossposting about file deletion

1. Crossposting about file deletion - Similar Threads - Crossposting file deletion

2. Window security scan keeps asking about a deleted file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window security scan keeps asking about a deleted file: I keep getting this error even though I have deleted the folder in question.Any ideas how to make this go away? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-security-scan-keeps-asking-about-a-deleted/f255d86d-bdbe-4ed7-ad96-afb90c9841d2
  3. Window security scan keeps asking about a deleted file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window security scan keeps asking about a deleted file: I keep getting this error even though I have deleted the folder in question.Any ideas how to make this go away? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-security-scan-keeps-asking-about-a-deleted/f255d86d-bdbe-4ed7-ad96-afb90c9841d2
  4. WindOWSs howling.. (low effort crosspost)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WindOWSs howling.. (low effort crosspost): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Mylo-s [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/o18abs/windowss_howling_low_effort_crosspost/
  5. files get delete about other user

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    files get delete about other user: so I have two accounts on my pc. the first one is my main account and other one I use for my school.I have it set up under local account. if i remove a app icon from the desktop like steam it remove it from my main account to.how do I stop it from remove it from my main...
  6. Crosspost because original post got no traction

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Crosspost because original post got no traction: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CooleKoen [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m0axla/crosspost_because_original_post_got_no_traction/
  7. Suddenly, about 150GB of files were deleted. 150GB .

Suddenly, about 150GB of files were deleted. 150GB .: : KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION Stop code : KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION 150GB . After closing all the programs and folders I was using, I was watching YouTube through Google Chrome, and the computer stopped when the stop code appeared on the blue screen, and I rebooted it,...
  8. About recovering permanently deleted files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    About recovering permanently deleted files: So I had some saved files in my Desktop and all of a sudden may be because of virus all my files in the Desktop,except for the shortcuts, got removed permanently. Those files are really really important. Is there any way to recover those files?...
  9. Specific Questions about Deleting Old User Accounts AND Their Files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Specific Questions about Deleting Old User Accounts AND Their Files: Hey guys, I have very specific questions and will outline the scenario leading up to them. I created a new user account new admin due to previous user account corruption. I have two drives, C, and D. D is where my Documents, Videos etc libraries are. C is my boot and...
  10. Question about Onedrive deleting files?

Question about Onedrive deleting files?: I have a folder of work files that I just copy to Onedrive so I can access them from my other PC’s. When I update that folder I just want to delete it from Onedrive and recopy the entire folder. When I delete that folder will Onedrive try to delete the folder or files on my...