Windows 10: Cryptocurrency mining malware disables security to remain undetected

Discus and support Cryptocurrency mining malware disables security to remain undetected in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Cryptojacking campaign targets Linux servers that haven't had patches for known vulnerabilities applied. A form of cryptojacking malware has added the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

Cryptocurrency mining malware disables security to remain undetected

Read more: This cryptocurrency mining malware now disables security software to help remain undetected | ZDNet

:)

Brink, Jan 17, 2019

2. Is ethminer (a cryptocurrency mining application), from NiceHash Miner 1.6.0.0, a malware?

Hi. Numerous sources (websites/categories of websites related to cryptocurrencies) state that ethminer, cgminer, sgminer or any other cryptocurrency mining application are the so called "false positives", as long as they were downloaded from a theoretically
    trustworthy source, as is NiceHash Miner, which comes with numerous cryptocurrency mining applications, being ethminer one of them.

According to Virus Total, an online service which uploads samples and verify in a database the most popular antivirus if they detect some malware, Kaspersky, a well established antivirus, won't detect it as malware, which makes me wonder if the aforementioned
    file (ethminer.exe) is indeed some malware at all. Thanks in advance!

Acácio_BR, Jan 17, 2019
  3. Is ethminer (a cryptocurrency mining application), from NiceHash Miner 1.6.0.0, a malware?

What is the name of malware which is being detect?

You may find it in the History of Windows Defender.

You may ask the software vendor to submit it as false positive:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/security/portal/submission/submit.aspx

Make sure select "I believe this file should not be detected as malware"

In addition, in Windows Defender settings, you may add it to exception list (if you really trust it is safe) or you may add it to allowed list.

Cyber_Defend_Team, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

Cryptocurrency mining malware disables security to remain undetected

1. Cryptocurrency mining malware disables security to remain undetected - Similar Threads - Cryptocurrency mining malware

2. Malware disabled my Windows Security Center

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Malware disabled my Windows Security Center: A virus infected my computer, I lost access to Windows Security, I decided to check Regedit although the "Security" file was deleted, so I tried Reset PC but when I clicked the "Gui" button it wouldn't pop up. I'm still AdministratorIs it possible to fix this problem without...
  3. Malware disabled my Windows Security Center

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Malware disabled my Windows Security Center: A virus infected my computer, I lost access to Windows Security, I decided to check Regedit although the "Security" file was deleted, so I tried Reset PC but when I clicked the "Gui" button it wouldn't pop up. I'm still AdministratorIs it possible to fix this problem without...
  4. Files w/ suspicious names undetected by malware scan?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files w/ suspicious names undetected by malware scan?: I was doing a malware scan on my laptop and found files named the...
  5. Rundll32 Injected with mining malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Rundll32 Injected with mining malware: Hi all please help, i have a malware injected that continuously runs rundll32.exe, it takes up 100% of GPU and almost 90% of my ram space. It lasts for 10-20 sec before returning to normal, and then 5-7mins later again it will run once more. My PC fan would be very loud and...
  6. Scanning for cryptocurrency mining malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scanning for cryptocurrency mining malware: My windows 10 version is Home, 20H2, 64 bit. Build 19042.685 Many times, while having my laptop sit idle for few minutes, it heats up and fan speed go high. This happens mostly when during noon time when I often have to get off the laptop to answer the doorbell. No heavy...
  7. Scanning for cryptocurrency mining malware

in Windows 10 Support
    Scanning for cryptocurrency mining malware: My windows 10 version is Home, 20H2, 64 bit. Build 19042.685 Many times, while having my laptop sit idle for few minutes, it heats up and fan speed go high. This happens mostly when during noon time when I often have to get off the laptop to answer the doorbell. No heavy...
  8. Device Association Service affected by Undetectable Malware

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Association Service affected by Undetectable Malware: Multiple computers on my home network have been infected by an Android Chinese TV Streaming device owned by someone who refuses to get rid of it. It is causing my Device Association Service to take up 25% CPU on one of my computers until I forcefully terminate it every time...
  9. Strange PC behavior, cryptocurrency malware or bug?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange PC behavior, cryptocurrency malware or bug?: Hi, guys so I'm noticing lately that my laptop is acting really strange. Sometimes the fans will suddenly turn on when I'm not using it. I've always felt that there was some kind of malware. Now I do regular scans using Windows defender and MalwareBytes. They always come out...
  10. Razer SoftMiner uses your GPU to mine cryptocurrency

in Windows 10 News
    Razer SoftMiner uses your GPU to mine cryptocurrency: Yesterday I had a total what the heck moment when I received a message from forum user Angantyr informing me that Razer partnered with a company called "GammaNow", their plans are this, they want you to use their mining software. You mine for it, and Razer keeps the coins....