Windows 10: Cryptographic Services run amok

Discus and support Cryptographic Services run amok in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; We have multiple PCs in our organization showing high disk usage from 'Service Host: Cryptographic Services' and intermittent performance issues... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DarrenLathen1, Mar 24, 2021.

1. Cryptographic Services run amok

We have multiple PCs in our organization showing high disk usage from 'Service Host: Cryptographic Services' and intermittent performance issues accompanying it.

Performance issues include

• Microsoft Office Applications going to 'Not Responding' for 20-30 seconds before opening files
    • Microsoft Office applications going to 'Not Responding' up to a 60 seconds before finally saving files
      • Both the above can be opening files from local storage, network storage, or email
    • Inability to wake a local printer from power save mode by sending a print job
    • Overall lag in the OS switching windows, even typing -- I only type about 50-60 WPM but I can sometimes type an entire line of text before it appears on my screen.

PCs are Windows 10, running 2004 or 20H2

We use Carbon Black and Symantec. I've obviously found some old reports of this issue 2017 was the most recent and have tried the usual suspects of making sure the vile SysMain service is disabled. Making sure people are updated to 20H2 doesn't seem to help. It's strange that we've had multiple devices pick up this issue over the past 2-3 weeks Below screen shot is from my PC currently. I'm running Outlook and the Edge browser into which I'm typing this post.

Cryptographic Services run amok b189b20d-b334-4336-a154-dd1849911f3c?upload=true.png

:)

DarrenLathen1, Mar 24, 2021
  2. Arul_D Win User

Cryptographic Services Failed

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community.

Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this issue?

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by szz743 replied on January 24, 2014 and check if it helps.

Cryptographic Services failed while processing the OnIdentity() call

Cryptographic Services failed while processing the OnIdentity() call

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Mar 24, 2021
  3. Rhaine C. Win User
    cryptographic services

My name is Rhaine, I'm Independent Community Advisor. I’m so glad assisting you today

I am also Windows 10 user. Let us work together to sort this out.

Please try the following steps below to change the setting you have made.

1. Press Windows Key + R

2. Type services.msc and hit enter

3. Look for Cryptographic services

4. Right click and click on properties.

5. Go to Logon Tab and choose "This Account"

I hope the steps and information above helps. Have a wonderful day ahead and stay safe.

With Warm Regards

Rhaine C., Mar 24, 2021
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Cryptographic Services run amok

Windows Update - Service registration is missing or corrupt

Hi Nitya,

Upon analyzing the details and the troubleshooting steps you have done so far, we suggest that you
    manually reset your Windows Update Components
    by following these
    troubleshooting steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator

• Stop
      BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and Windows Update Services. To do this,
      type the following command:

• Net stop wuauserv

• Net stop cryptSvc

• Net stop bits

• Net stop msiserver

• Rename
      SoftwareDistribution
      and
      Catroot2
      folder. To do this, type the following commands:

• Ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old

• Ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old

• Restart
      BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and Windows Update Services. To do this,
      type the following command:

• Net start wuauserv

• Net start cryptSvc

• Net start bits

• Net start msiserver

• Restart
      your computer and try to
      install Windows Update.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards

Kem Mon, Mar 24, 2021
Thema:

Cryptographic Services run amok

1. Cryptographic Services run amok - Similar Threads - Cryptographic Services run

2. Any idea why the Cryptographic services in Windows 10 is contently running?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any idea why the Cryptographic services in Windows 10 is contently running?: I've noticed that Cryptographic services is constantly running weather I am online or offline. It will let me stop the service but as soon as I close Task Manager or Services.exe after stopping the services it automatically starts back up by itself. Not getting any error...
  3. Any idea why the Cryptographic services in Windows 10 is contently running?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Any idea why the Cryptographic services in Windows 10 is contently running?: I've noticed that Cryptographic services is constantly running weather I am online or offline. It will let me stop the service but as soon as I close Task Manager or Services.exe after stopping the services it automatically starts back up by itself. Not getting any error...
  4. Any idea why the Cryptographic services in Windows 10 is contently running?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Chrome History Tabs run amok

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome History Tabs run amok: WINDOWS 10 Some time ago (years) when you closed your browser your previous searches were not visible. Then came tab browsing, which I like. Lately though I open my chrome browser and I have 37 or more little blue pin wheels representing my previous searches. Problem is they...
  6. "Cryptographic Services" 100% disk usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Cryptographic Services" 100% disk usage: We have a windows 10 machines running 24/7, and noticing "cryptographic services" are using 100% disk - 50 MB/s writes constantly! Is there a way how to prevent that?...
  7. cryptographic services

in Windows 10 Customization
    cryptographic services: today when i turned my computer on google chrome was taking a very long time despite my internet working fine so i searched around for solutions and i came across someone in a forum telling me to change the log on setting to local system account in cryptographic services and...
  8. Stop run-amok-update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stop run-amok-update: How do I interrupt a TEN-HOUR-LONG-AND-STILL-GOING-STRONG backup?! without losing backup data? MS apparently failed to anticipate is, that people don't turn on History, because laptops only come with ONE DRIVE, write, copy, and migrate a bunch of data to the new machine....
  9. Gllitchy Cryptographic services or twitch desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Gllitchy Cryptographic services or twitch desktop: So I've been monitoring a minor glitch or annoyance with certain applications, Battlenet app is one and twitch desktop. I'm on Windows 10 Pro 64bit. I see the Windows Cryptographic service hitting the CPU a little more than it's supposed to and this causes the battlenet app...
  10. W10 Update Run Amok?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 Update Run Amok?: Seems like W10 update is having a problem with this update? Or is this just another unique feature? Or is it something I'm doing wrong? Everyday brings a new W10 adventure on one of my six systems! 41640

Users found this page by searching for:

1. service host cryptographic services 100 disk

2. Cryptographic Services exe not executing