Windows 10: Crystal Disk Info - Is it safe to use on a SSD Hard Drive?

Discus and support Crystal Disk Info - Is it safe to use on a SSD Hard Drive? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I did a search but couldn't find the answer I'm after. When CrystalDiskInfo is running does it continuously read/write anything to the hard drive,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Autobahn, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Autobahn Win User

Crystal Disk Info - Is it safe to use on a SSD Hard Drive?

I did a search but couldn't find the answer I'm after.

When CrystalDiskInfo is running does it continuously read/write anything to the hard drive, which from what I've read is not good for a SSD?
    On my previous laptop it had a normal HDD (first time using a SSD) and didn't think about how programs operated before.

:)

Autobahn, Aug 5, 2020

2. Crystal Disk Info can't detect my SSD's health

Hi Everyone,

I had a problem with my current Windows 10 v1809, before I'm using v1809, I'm using v1803 which still using SSHD and when I plug my new SSD M.2 NVME, Crystal Disk Info can detect my SSD's health normally. But after I re-install Windows 10 to v 1809 because
    I want to use it to my new SSD, Crystal Disk Info won't detect my SSD's health. But when I check using cmd (prefer to this link : https://sea.pcmag.com/gallery/20836/how-to-check-your-hard-drives-health),
    it said OK, and I already using for 7 months without any problem (I means for files and OS). So what is the problem and how to fix it?

Screenshot link : https://drive.google.com/open?id=15OsKzqBP16L3RUwz-4N5Be6xkuIL2Bqa

My laptop specification:

- Lenovo Legion Y520

- Windows 10 v1809

- Intel i7 7700HQ

- Nvidia GTX 1050 non-Ti

- SSD 512 GB and SSHD 1 TB

- RAM 16 GB (8GB x 2)

MichaelLesmana, Aug 5, 2020
  3. HiSpeed Win User
    CRYSTAL DISK INFO

Hi,

Don't worry with the third disk (only one sector reallocated is nothing), but the first has 28146 hours which is a long while...

I suggest you to use another tool : Hard Disk Sentinel , which is much better than CrystalDiskInfo !

HiSpeed, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Jetster Win User

CRYSTAL DISK INFO

You need to run the HGST Fitness test on that last dive. Crystal Disk will give faults cautions on some drives

https://www.hgst.com/support/hard-drive-support/downloads

Always go to the manufacture of the drive to confirm tests, and always backup. Even on good drives

Jetster, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Crystal Disk Info - Is it safe to use on a SSD Hard Drive? - Similar Threads - Crystal Disk Info

2. Safe removal of external hard disk / Jump drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Safe removal of external hard disk / Jump drive: Hi,I read somewhere few weeks back that Windows 11 has a feature, if turned on, removes the need to eject the external hard drive, i.e., the external drive can be removed safely without going through the ejection process. Note: I have not been able to locate that article.I...
  3. Safe removal of external hard disk / Jump drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Safe removal of external hard disk / Jump drive: Hi,I read somewhere few weeks back that Windows 11 has a feature, if turned on, removes the need to eject the external hard drive, i.e., the external drive can be removed safely without going through the ejection process. Note: I have not been able to locate that article.I...
  4. Safe removal of external hard disk / Jump drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. change the hard disk with an SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    change the hard disk with an SSD: am un lap top...vechi2010vreau sa schimb hard discul cu un SSD dar am inteles ca apoi trebuie reinstalat WINDOWS ul !acest Windows l am cumparat de pe net , mi s a dat o cheie de produs ,l am instalat , functioneaza !ACUM , pentru reinstalare , pe același dispozitiv , unde...
  6. Safe to wipe and merge hard disk drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Safe to wipe and merge hard disk drive?: [IMG] submitted by /u/colmoriordan194 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gu4iv5/safe_to_wipe_and_merge_hard_disk_drive/
  7. Crystal Disk Info can't detect my SSD's health

Crystal Disk Info can't detect my SSD's health: Hi Everyone, I had a problem with my current Windows 10 v1809, before I'm using v1809, I'm using v1803 which still using SSHD and when I plug my new SSD M.2 NVME, Crystal Disk Info can detect my SSD's health normally. But after I re-install Windows 10 to v 1809 because I...
  8. Crystal Disk Info new update 8.1.0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crystal Disk Info new update 8.1.0: CrystalDiskInfo Crystal Dew World [img] 131326
  9. Crystal Disk Info & S.M.A.R.T. interpretation question

Crystal Disk Info & S.M.A.R.T. interpretation question: I have a 1 TB data drive (already backed up) that shows a reallocated sector count (raw value) of 3348 in Crystal Disk Info in the main window of results. If I hover over the yellow "Caution" under "Health Status," the notification popup says "Reallocated Sector Count:...
  10. Crystal Disk Benchmark results on SSD's and Spinners

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Crystal Disk Benchmark results on SSD's and Spinners: Just did a quick CrystalDiskMark benchmark on my son's computer. His OS drive is an Intel 600p NVMe drive. [img] His storage drive is a Seagate Barracuda 2TB 64MB Cache 7,200RPM spinner (ST2000DM006). [img] Guess the SSD is a tad faster. 78937