Windows 10: Crystal Disk Info & S.M.A.R.T. interpretation question

Discus and support Crystal Disk Info & S.M.A.R.T. interpretation question in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a 1 TB data drive (already backed up) that shows a reallocated sector count (raw value) of 3348 in Crystal Disk Info in the main window of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sonicwind, Sep 22, 2018.

1. sonicwind Win User

Crystal Disk Info & S.M.A.R.T. interpretation question

I have a 1 TB data drive (already backed up) that shows a reallocated sector count (raw value) of 3348 in Crystal Disk Info in the main window of results.

If I hover over the yellow "Caution" under "Health Status," the notification popup says "Reallocated Sector Count: 13128"

So which is it? 3348 or 13128 reallocated sectors? And what is the other number?

You can see an example of the area I'm talking about at the top of the page here, except mine is yellow under Health Status and says Caution - https://crystalmark.info/en/software...l-information/

Thanks. I looked through the Crystal Disk Info online manual and saw no explanation.

:)

sonicwind, Sep 22, 2018
  2. HiSpeed Win User

CRYSTAL DISK INFO

Hi,

Don't worry with the third disk (only one sector reallocated is nothing), but the first has 28146 hours which is a long while...

I suggest you to use another tool : Hard Disk Sentinel , which is much better than CrystalDiskInfo !

HiSpeed, Sep 22, 2018
  3. Jetster Win User
    CRYSTAL DISK INFO

You need to run the HGST Fitness test on that last dive. Crystal Disk will give faults cautions on some drives

https://www.hgst.com/support/hard-drive-support/downloads

Always go to the manufacture of the drive to confirm tests, and always backup. Even on good drives

Jetster, Sep 22, 2018
  4. Aquinus Win User

CRYSTAL DISK INFO

I would suggest using a better tool to interface with SMART. The "current", "worst", and "threshold" info doesn't tell us squat and CrystalDiskMark doesn't decode the raw data for you. Something like GSmartControl would be a lot better IMHO. It also lets you start SMART diagnostics which can find a problem should you suspect one exists.

Nothing really bad is standing out, that one drive that has a single reallocated sector is nothing to be concerned about unless it grows to well over more than a handful of sectors. Right now it's just 1 which can happen under normal operation without a problem.

Aquinus, Sep 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Crystal Disk Info & S.M.A.R.T. interpretation question - Similar Threads - Crystal Disk Info

2. M S flight sim disk download problems.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    M S flight sim disk download problems.: Problems downloading discs into microsoft 11 new computer. first disc recognized and downloaded, disc 2 did not, copied onto desktop and this seemed to do the trick. but disk 3 wont read the disk and wont allow download to desktop. ??? help...
  3. M S flight sim disk download problems.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    M S flight sim disk download problems.: Problems downloading discs into microsoft 11 new computer. first disc recognized and downloaded, disc 2 did not, copied onto desktop and this seemed to do the trick. but disk 3 wont read the disk and wont allow download to desktop. ??? help...
  4. Cannot delete a cookie X h a m s t e r . c o m

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot delete a cookie X h a m s t e r . c o m: Cannot delete a cookie X h a m s t e r . c o m. My 17 year old grandson did this to my PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-delete-a-cookie-x-h-a-m-s-t-e-r-c-o-m/0d85f7f2-7a13-4c6e-92b2-825dd19692e3
  5. What the s**t is this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What the s**t is this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Practical_Support_96 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jpnnlx/what_the_st_is_this/
  6. SCAMS AS T/S Help.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SCAMS AS T/S Help.: Microsoft T/S phone ends in 7676. They do NOT use third party Techs. Do not use other numbers Never allow them to take over you machine, ever. Use Microsoft techs only. Validate this comment by opening Microsoft help and finding their number. Iconglobalsolution is a scam....
  7. Crystal Disk Info - Is it safe to use on a SSD Hard Drive?

Crystal Disk Info - Is it safe to use on a SSD Hard Drive?: I did a search but couldn't find the answer I'm after. When CrystalDiskInfo is running does it continuously read/write anything to the hard drive, which from what I've read is not good for a SSD? On my previous laptop it had a normal HDD (first time using a SSD) and didn't...
  8. Crystal Disk Info can't detect my SSD's health

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Crystal Disk Info can't detect my SSD's health: Hi Everyone, I had a problem with my current Windows 10 v1809, before I'm using v1809, I'm using v1803 which still using SSHD and when I plug my new SSD M.2 NVME, Crystal Disk Info can detect my SSD's health normally. But after I re-install Windows 10 to v 1809 because I...
  9. Crystal Disk Info new update 8.1.0

Crystal Disk Info new update 8.1.0: CrystalDiskInfo Crystal Dew World [img] 131326
  10. Crystal Disk Benchmark results on SSD's and Spinners

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Crystal Disk Benchmark results on SSD's and Spinners: Just did a quick CrystalDiskMark benchmark on my son's computer. His OS drive is an Intel 600p NVMe drive. [img] His storage drive is a Seagate Barracuda 2TB 64MB Cache 7,200RPM spinner (ST2000DM006). [img] Guess the SSD is a tad faster. 78937