Windows 10: cscript.exe console popup on startup

Discus and support cscript.exe console popup on startup in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, it has been a week or so that I have been seeing a command prompt pop up when I start my laptop for some fraction of second < 1 second and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ayush Deotare, Jul 30, 2020.

1. cscript.exe console popup on startup

Hello, it has been a week or so that I have been seeing a command prompt pop up when I start my laptop for some fraction of second < 1 second and closes out itself. I tried to record my screen from my phone and played the video in slow motion, I found out that it was something called "cscript.exe".

The prompt pops up whenever my laptop restarts. After I did some research online they suggested to run a computer scan. I did scan my laptop with MalwareBytes and it found nothing. Please let me know how to get rid of this prompt.

:)

Ayush Deotare, Jul 30, 2020
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jul 30, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    How to remove cscript.exe and cscript.exe.mui?

Hi Soumyadip

Please don;t delete Cscript.exe or Cscript.exe.mui, those are legitimate Windows files . .

Please provide a screenshot of the error popup you are seeing on your PC . . .

DaveM121, Jul 30, 2020
  4. cscript.exe console popup on startup

Windows 7, Cscript.exe

CScript.exe is running a script that is caught in a loop (and is probably eating up processor time). To find out what script it runs, do this:

1. Launch the Task Manager
    2. Click Processes
    3. Right-click on any column header
    4. Click Select columns
    5. Click Command Line
    6. Click the Name column header
    7. Click cscript.exe
    8. Report the command line

Frederik Long, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

cscript.exe console popup on startup

1. cscript.exe console popup on startup - Similar Threads - cscript exe console

2. Cscript keeps popping

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cscript keeps popping: Hi i have a problem that cscript keeps popping for me every 5 minutes and it's so annoying can i do something about it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cscript-keeps-popping/6168b0ec-f6b5-4eac-98ce-ffa3b5b4a631
  3. Realtek Audio Console popup can't be disabled without problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek Audio Console popup can't be disabled without problems: I've been having a weird problem with Realtek Audio Console. When I plug in my headset, I am required to select the device I just plugged in "Mic In" and "Headset." I can't hear any sound through my headset until I make a selection. I find this annoying, so I have unchecked...
  4. netsh.exe popup on startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    netsh.exe popup on startup: When I start my computer, netsh always popup for a few seconds and then dissappear. I have alrady ran a virus check, but came back with no virus. Also I did a clean boost, but it didn't help as well. Is there anything I can do to stop the popup? Thanks...
  5. Aux exe at startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Aux exe at startup: Each time I start up my computer microsoft aux switch exe box appears for a few seconds. In every other respect my computer works 100%. Is this normal? What does this do? Thanks...
  6. Program popup at startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Program popup at startup: I have a program installed that always opens a window when my computer starts up and has no start minimized option. Is there any way to make it not pop up when I start my computer but still work when I want to open it? submitted by /u/Pentakillerr [link] [comments]...
  7. ForzaHorizon4.exe crashing on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ForzaHorizon4.exe crashing on startup: Hi, I need help to solve this problem, please. When searching for MoBEX all I find is problems with edge. Hopefully I can be helpful providing more information if required ForzaHorizon4.exe Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Program...
  8. Xbox Console Companion App Crashes On Startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Console Companion App Crashes On Startup: Don't know if this is the correct place for this but I've searched everywhere and I'm completely at my wits end. Can anyone help me with the console companion app on PC? Whenever I go to startup the Xbox Console Companion App it opens up a window with the green background and...
  9. EXE in Startup folder not running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    EXE in Startup folder not running: Just don't know if it's really worth the trouble, seems like just one issue after another. Latest is I wrote a program that runs on windows 10 just fine from a shortcut on the desktop. I copied the shortcut to the startup folder for my account and did all the compatibility...
  10. .exe popup on my win 10 comp

in Windows 10 Support
    .exe popup on my win 10 comp: To whom it may concern I'm having thin .exe error popping up on my comp really frequently...... can I get some advice on how to get rid of it? thanks in advance 28520