Windows 10: CSGO FPS drops / Windows 10 with Xbox Game DVR disabled

Discus and support CSGO FPS drops / Windows 10 with Xbox Game DVR disabled in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi everyone ! You might already know there's a known issue with CSGO and windows 10 regarding random FPS drops. Steam officially recommends users... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Arese, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Arese Win User

CSGO FPS drops / Windows 10 with Xbox Game DVR disabled

Hi everyone !

You might already know there's a known issue with CSGO and windows 10 regarding random FPS drops.
    Steam officially recommends users who experience such issue to disable the Xbox Game DVR
    Disabling Xbox DVR in Windows 10 - Documentation - Knowledge Base - Steam Support

Unfortunately that didn't solve the problem for me.

I proceeded to do some research then and I came up with this solution (deleting the CSGO folder in Steam folders to flush all settings) that seemed to have worked for few people
    CS:GO - Getting FPS drops? Maybe This Will Help! - YouTube

Someone doesn't want me to play get back at CSGO since it didn't work for me neither.

Here's more detail about my problem.
    Basically when I run CSGO, whether I'm gaming or in the menu my FPS drops below 10 while I get 70 in average when it works properly. Also I would like to add that this is not a performance issue since my machine is more than capable to run CSGO. As a matter of fact out of the box the game worked flawlessly. I then made a clean install of a vanilla windows 10 anniversary update.
    My machine is a brand new Asus UX330UAK. Clean install and you can assume the system is still clean since I didn't install much softwares besides the basics. I didn't mess around registry or installed shady softwares. I just installed Steam and have only downloaded CSGO.

It would be great if you guys could help me fix this *Smile

:)

Arese, Mar 23, 2017

2. Windows 10 anniversary update and League Of Legends

Hi,

I've also had the issue with CSGO.

The fps issues are usually caused by a known issue with the new Xbox app Game DVR feature.

Workaround / Resolution:

- Open the Xbox App from the Start Menu.

- Click the Settings icon in the lower left corner of the Xbox app window.

- Click Game DVR.

- Click the first switch to disable Game DVR.

Without Game DVR running csgo should run at an unlimted, normal framerate.

-----

I'm also seeing the pvp net patcher kernel stopped working error.

The only successful workaround I can find is running the game as administrator. Clean Reinstalling the game does not help.

Hopefully it may be fixed in a future update.

KemikalElite, Mar 23, 2017
  3. JGW_61 Win User
    Steam/Windows 10 problems

Disable "Game DVR" in the Xbox app / Open Xbox app > go to config > Game DVR > Disable Even though I didn’t have xbox loaded this works for CSGO.

JGW_61, Mar 23, 2017
  4. CSGO FPS drops / Windows 10 with Xbox Game DVR disabled

Ive heard of a few people with similar issues, however i've never experienced it, been running it on windows 10 for about a year with no issues at all, i never really dip below 190fps and on average 300, even in menus, i only find i lose a few fps when in game i look at scoreboard then i loos about 30. Maybe a driver problem?

Devlin1888, Mar 23, 2017
  5. have any launch options set? this and sometimes custom cfgs can cause the game run poorly.. since you cleared that you tried removing the CSGO settings.. I'm suspecting it might be launch parameters you have set maybe?

BrandonR188, Mar 23, 2017
  6. Arese Win User
    All my drivers are up-to-date. I have the latest Intel HD drivers available on Asus's support page. Though I downloaded Intel driver update utility to check out my drivers, it did find newer drivers for my dedicated graphic card but when it downloaded them and launched the installation setup I got an error message saying the driver I'm trying to install haven't been approved yet by Asus. Windows Update tells me my drivers are up to date too.
    I have no launch parameters set or custom cfgs. The game is set by default as I just downloaded it

*Banghead

Arese, Mar 24, 2017
  7. Arese Win User
    I re-run a check of the integrity of the game files and it came up with one missing file again ! Even though I did that yesterday I had the same message and upon next launch it did download some directX files ...
    I think I might be on something it's obviously not normal it keeps telling one files couldn't be verified

I'm gonna try to delete the DirectX_installer and follow this
    Fixed CS:GO fps drops on Windows 10 : GlobalOffensive

Arese, Mar 24, 2017
  8. Arese Win User

So I deleted the DirectX folder. It just re-downloaded the files, ran another integrity check it said everything was ok. Launched the game but exact same issue.
    I decided to uninstall the game along with these folders to completely start from scratch :
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\XXXXXX\730

Reinstalled the game, ran an integrity checkup which came up with no missing files.
    Launched the game, Steam installed DirectX files and after 2mins in the menu FPS dropped below 10 again

I'm clueless right now *Sick

Arese, Mar 24, 2017
  9. Arese Win User
    Here's a video of the phenomenon .
    As you can see during the 40 first seconds CSGO runs smoothly at an average of 70FPS .
    Then 42 seconds in the video drastic FPS drops for a few seconds before coming back to normal

CSGO FPS drops on Asus UX330UAK - YouTube

Earlier during one of my another attempt to fix this, I launched the game, had one FPS drops then noting for an hour ! This was literally the first time I could play more than 5mins !
    After I quiet the game and re-launched it the constant FPS drops came back

Arese, Mar 24, 2017
  10. Any chance you can go to the console on cs and type in as follows net_graph 1. Pref a picture of it when its happening and when its not. Thanks. Think i might have an idea to what it is.

Devlin1888, Mar 25, 2017
  11. Arese Win User
    Arese, Mar 25, 2017
  12. Arese Win User

So far everything looks pretty similar right ?
    What did you initially think the problem was ?

EDIT : Here's an in-game pic when it's happening
    Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

You can see that the "var" and "sv" numbers are quiet high.
    What does it tell us ?

Arese, Mar 26, 2017
  13. I thought it may be a variation problem with your ping but it seems not, i had a var problem where my ping would go from 30 to 300 but in an instance every 5-6 seconds

Devlin1888, Mar 26, 2017
  14. Arese Win User
    Hey I kept trying to play with the netgraph command on and I noticed that when it happens my ping skyrocketed to 200-300 ms !
    That's actually what you described. How did you solve it ?

Arese, Mar 29, 2017
Thema:

1. CSGO FPS drops / Windows 10 with Xbox Game DVR disabled - Similar Threads - CSGO FPS drops

2. Fps drop in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fps drop in games: so as the title says , i have been facing fps drops in games. for example sekiro which was working fine last year is currently unplayable because after say 5 minutes the fps drop from 60 to 30. I open up my task manager to see whats wrong and everythings fine. I checked using...
  3. Fps drop in games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fps drop in games: so as the title says , i have been facing fps drops in games. for example sekiro which was working fine last year is currently unplayable because after say 5 minutes the fps drop from 60 to 30. I open up my task manager to see whats wrong and everythings fine. I checked using...
  4. FPS drop in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FPS drop in games: windows updates are causing fps drops down to 20 - 10 fps in games that used to run at 80 -100 fps. I have tried every single fix out there. i've tried several different graphics driver versions, reinstalling windows, even a complete factory reset . specs - Lenovo legion 5...
  5. FPS drop in games

FPS drop in games: windows updates are causing fps drops down to 20 - 10 fps in games that used to run at 80 -100 fps. I have tried every single fix out there. i've tried several different graphics driver versions, reinstalling windows, even a complete factory reset . specs - Lenovo legion 5...
  6. FPS DROPS IN CSGO, HELP PLEASE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FPS DROPS IN CSGO, HELP PLEASE: Hey, i never had this problem but sometimes when i play csgo it just go from like 80fps to 12 for like 1 minute, idk what to do bout' it and i want somebody of u to help me, my system specs are: Nvidia Geforce GT540M With 2GB Dedicated VRAM Intel Core i7 2670QM with turbo...
  7. Csgo fps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Csgo fps?: [ATTACH] Why did I use the PC with 140fps is that not a bit low on medium settings Csgo fps?
  8. Is xbox game DVR gone?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is xbox game DVR gone?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/alonepain [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e6lliu/is_xbox_game_dvr_gone/
  9. Xbox Game DVR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game DVR: I recording a game clip last night and I exited the game without pressing stop recording and the Xbox app said there was an error. It had previously done that for another clip of mine, but it saved, the other clip did not. I went looking around the DVR files and I found the...
  10. Game DVR - XBOX - Error?

Game DVR - XBOX - Error?: My gaming DVR is no longer working. Now I can not record more, because, it appears error that could not record that is to try again later What can I do? I have a gameplay channel and I need this....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gamedvr disabled and still doesnt work windows 10 csgo fps 30