Windows 10: CSGO is crashing with Pure server error on Windows

Discus and support CSGO is crashing with Pure server error on Windows in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; CSGO (Counter-Strike: Global Offensive) is arguably one of the most iconic FPS titles of its generation on Windows. SGO is frequently updated by its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, May 5, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

CSGO is crashing with Pure server error on Windows

CSGO (Counter-Strike: Global Offensive) is arguably one of the most iconic FPS titles of its generation on Windows.

SGO is frequently updated by its publisher Valve, but it appears that a recent update is causing the game to crash with “Pure Server: client file does not match server” error.

The update has introduced multiple changes for the “sv_pure servers”. It has been updated to kick players in official matchmaking if they load asset files into game memory from files that are not present on the game server filesystem.

Unfortunately, this change in CSGO update has resulted in a widespread problem. According to various reports and our own testing, players are getting kicked from the competitive and official matchmaking after applying the update.

After a user is kicked from the game, the following error message is displayed:

• Pure Server: client file does not match server

If you are getting kicked because of this, there appears to be an easy workaround but it requires you to download up to 256 files after validation.

How to fix Pure server error in CSGO

1. Restart your computer and close Steam.
    2. Open File Explorer.
    3. Navigate to Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\
    4. Make a backup of two folders—models and materials if you have custom stuff/configurations for models, sprays, etc.
    5. Select both folders and press & hold Shift and hit the Delete key to permanently delete your Models and Materials folders.
    6. Open Steam and head to the Library section.
    7. Right-click on CSGO and select Properties from the menu.
    8. Go to ‘Local files’ and click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.

Steam will verify the game’s files and their servers will notice that you have deleted 256 files from models and materials folders.

During this process, deleted files will be reacquired and it may take several minutes before you can launch the game again.

The post CSGO is crashing with Pure server error on Windows appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, May 5, 2020

2. can't start CSGO with build 14352

Hello,

Thanks for reporting the issue. We recently added this feature (visible Game Bar on full-screen games) based on customer feedback. We did test a wide range of hardware, so I'm surprised to hear this isn't working for you. Here's what I suggest:

• Record a video of your monitor, of you launching CS:GO and it crashing.
    • Grab a screenshot of your CSGO game settings if you can (you might need an older build or a different machine).
    • From Start, launch dxdiag.exe and save all information to dxdiag.txt
    • Launch the Feedback Hub, go to the Apps & Games category, Game DVR subcategory.
    • Add new feedback, mark it as a Problem (important).
    • Attach the video, the screenshot and the dxdiag file.
    • Click the "Begin monitoring" button & try to launch CSGO again.
    • Click the "Stop monitoring" button after CSGO has crashed.
    • Click the "Submit" button to send the bug to us.
    Thanks for helping us narrow down the issue. If we get the right set of logs from your bug, we can identify the cause for the crash quicker and start working on a fix.

Rohan - Windows Camera Team [MSFT], May 5, 2020
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, May 5, 2020
  4. CSGO is crashing with Pure server error on Windows

can't start CSGO with build 14352

Hello,

Thanks for reporting the issue. We recently added this feature (visible Game Bar on full-screen games) based on customer feedback. We did test a wide range of hardware, so I'm surprised to hear this isn't working for you. Here's what I suggest:

• Record a video of your monitor, of you launching CS:GO and it crashing.
    • Grab a screenshot of your CSGO game settings if you can (you might need an older build or a different machine).
    • From Start, launch dxdiag.exe and save all information to dxdiag.txt
    • Launch the Feedback Hub, go to the Apps & Games category, Game DVR subcategory.
    • Add new feedback, mark it as a Problem (important).
    • Attach the video, the screenshot and the dxdiag file.
    • Click the "Begin monitoring" button & try to launch CSGO again.
    • Click the "Stop monitoring" button after CSGO has crashed.
    • Click the "Submit" button to send the bug to us.
    Thanks for helping us narrow down the issue. If we get the right set of logs from your bug, we can identify the cause for the crash quicker and start working on a fix.

Hi,

Forgot to feedback about this issue.

Actually I have found the reason. As a pro player, I use -refresh 144 in autoexec.cfg file to lock the refresh rate.

After I deleted it, I could play csgo and record game as always. Then I tried to re-add this to game, I found CSGO still worked well. But sometimes this game bar told me that it find nothing to record while I am running csgo, even just I have finished a
    part record.

lIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII, May 5, 2020
Thema:

CSGO is crashing with Pure server error on Windows

1. CSGO is crashing with Pure server error on Windows - Similar Threads - CSGO crashing Pure

2. CSGO randomly crashing mid-game on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CSGO randomly crashing mid-game on Windows 11: For the past few weeks, CSGO has been crashing mid-game every game in Windows 11. Before the last few weeks, CSGO was completed fine, and even when CSGO start crashing, other games with more demanding CPU/GPU performance has no such issues. I've re-installed the game multiple...
  3. CSGO randomly crashing mid-game on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CSGO randomly crashing mid-game on Windows 11: For the past few weeks, CSGO has been crashing mid-game every game in Windows 11. Before the last few weeks, CSGO was completed fine, and even when CSGO start crashing, other games with more demanding CPU/GPU performance has no such issues. I've re-installed the game multiple...
  4. steam and csgo keeps crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    steam and csgo keeps crashing: Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 1000015eParameter 1: 25Parameter 2: 23Parameter 3: ffff9e03ade717a8Parameter 4: d01030bOS version: 10_0_19045Service Pack: 0_0Product: 256_1OS Version: 10.0.19045.2.0.0.256.48Locale ID: 1033 system info ryzen3600rtx3060cougar 650 psu16...
  5. steam and csgo keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    steam and csgo keeps crashing: Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 1000015eParameter 1: 25Parameter 2: 23Parameter 3: ffff9e03ade717a8Parameter 4: d01030bOS version: 10_0_19045Service Pack: 0_0Product: 256_1OS Version: 10.0.19045.2.0.0.256.48Locale ID: 1033 system info ryzen3600rtx3060cougar 650 psu16...
  6. steam and csgo keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Valorant and CSGO crashes always and gives BSOD

Valorant and CSGO crashes always and gives BSOD: It's have been around 1 month where my PREDATOR HELIOS 300 always crashes the game while playing CSGO and Valorant since I have no other games on my PC. Every time I open the game it says "unable to load textures.....", "Out of memory or not enough memory", "video card driver...
  8. Disk usage spikes to 100% and then crashes in csgo

Disk usage spikes to 100% and then crashes in csgo: Specs: 8700k delidded but no overclock Stock 1080 ti areo 32gb gskill ddr4 Gigabyte Z370 auros gaming 5 1tb Samsung 860 evo NVME ssd EKWB fluid gaming full custom loop cpu+gpu Windows 10 What's happening: I've been using my pc for a while and it is normally very...
  9. Csgo map loading crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Csgo map loading crash: This started to happen out of nowhere today morning as usual i start csgo and choose the map to play on, the map loading screen is displayed where the loading bar fills up partially and then out of nowhere csgo application closes without any warning or message this never...
  10. Windows 1909 CSGO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 1909 CSGO: [ATTACH] CSGO [ATTACH] Steam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-1909/0909e127-feb3-42dc-85be-5022e594bbc5

Users found this page by searching for:

1. csgo error

2. cs go pure server error

3. pure server error

4. pure server cs crash