Windows 10: Csm or legacy options unavailable in bios.

Discus and support Csm or legacy options unavailable in bios. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; please help me my bios systeam have no csm or legacy options for that i cant install windows 10 by bootable usb drive. Device:Asus Model:x509fb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FoysalAhammed1, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Csm or legacy options unavailable in bios.

please help me my bios systeam have no csm or legacy options for that i cant install windows 10 by bootable usb drive.

Device:Asus

Model:x509fb

:)

FoysalAhammed1, Apr 19, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Bios

That is a UEFI Bios, which has less options than old Legacy BIOS.

In BIOS try disabling Secure Boot and enabling CSM, then boot your system to make sure it boots

Then go back into you BIOS and you should be able to change to boot order so you can install Windows 8.1 and dual boot

Ideally what you need to do is a complete re-install to successfully create a Dual Booting System
    (Older OS should be installed first):

• Backup all your data
    • In BIOS disable Secure Boot and enabling CSM and if available enable Legacy BIOS
    • Remove all partitions on your HDD
    • Create 2 Empty partitions of a suitable size for each Operating System
    • Then Install both Operating Systems, Windows 8.1 first, then Windows 10

DaveM121, Apr 19, 2020
  3. slance310 Win User
    Difficulty setting BIOS to boot in Legacy mode

Hi,

It is possible that Win 8 didn't have that EFI partition, but it probably did...

If it did not, and you upgraded to Win 10, it would not have been added...

A clean install is a different animal, especially if your machine was set for UEFI when you did it... If you could set the machine to legacy for instance, it is doubtful that the EFI partition would be there...

Btw... if you get the chance, look to see if your BIOS has a setting concerning "CSM" or similar... It would probably be in the same area where you select Legacy...

Here is a note I found concerning that setting...

Quote...

The UEFI boot manager is able to load legacy BIOS environment using the Compatibility Support Module (CSM). This module is able to emulate
    legacy BIOS environment and allow booting legacy operating systems or new operating systems which were installed without UEFI boot loader

slance310, Apr 19, 2020
  4. Csm or legacy options unavailable in bios.

Powercolor RX480 BIOS required

Find the unverified bios option.

eidairaman1, Apr 19, 2020
Thema:

Csm or legacy options unavailable in bios.

1. Csm or legacy options unavailable in bios. - Similar Threads - Csm legacy options

2. BIOS does not recognise my SSD with Operating System in UEFI Mode, only Legacy / CSM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BIOS does not recognise my SSD with Operating System in UEFI Mode, only Legacy / CSM: I currently want to upgrade to Windows 11. However, my computer is unable to as I have not got Secure Boot enabled. This is because I cannot boot my PC in UEFI mode, as when in UEFI mode my SSD with Windows on does not appear, i.e. the computer does not recognise my SSD in...
  3. BIOS does not recognise my SSD with Operating System in UEFI Mode, only Legacy / CSM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BIOS does not recognise my SSD with Operating System in UEFI Mode, only Legacy / CSM: I currently want to upgrade to Windows 11. However, my computer is unable to as I have not got Secure Boot enabled. This is because I cannot boot my PC in UEFI mode, as when in UEFI mode my SSD with Windows on does not appear, i.e. the computer does not recognise my SSD in...
  4. BIOS does not recognise my SSD with Operating System in UEFI Mode, only Legacy / CSM

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. CSM support not showing in gigabyte bios!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CSM support not showing in gigabyte bios!: i want to enable secure boot in my PC. but can't do it. help me if anyone knows the solution. there's also not any csm support showing in my bios https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/csm-support-not-showing-in-gigabyte-bios/231fe5c2-3473-4b4e-a779-89115088018b
  6. CSM support not showing in gigabyte bios!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CSM support not showing in gigabyte bios!: i want to enable secure boot in my PC. but can't do it. help me if anyone knows the solution. there's also not any csm support showing in my bios https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/csm-support-not-showing-in-gigabyte-bios/231fe5c2-3473-4b4e-a779-89115088018b
  7. legacy bios

in Windows 10 Customization
    legacy bios: how to enable vt in legacy bios. help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/legacy-bios/23898b08-4c8c-460c-a565-94ef79831238
  8. Legacy BIOS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Legacy BIOS: Hello, I do not have UEFI only the legacy BIOS. See attach. Then how to access my BIOS? Thank you 152614
  9. BIOS - CSM setting changed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BIOS - CSM setting changed: Steve C, those are the settings i have: OS: Windows 8, UEFI only (CSM set to Never does that?), Secure boot enabled. I've loaded BIOS defaults then set OS to Windows 8, CSM set to Never. Secure boot is enabled by default. I also enable virtualisation as my CPU supports it...
  10. the CSM option in bios is disabled -how do i enable it?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    the CSM option in bios is disabled -how do i enable it?: like the title said, how do i enable CSM? iam poised to try booting from flash drive that contains the linux ISO thingy. i wish to try it, out of curiousity*Shock 87998