Windows 10: csrss and dwm processes High GPU Usage causing stutterings

Discus and support csrss and dwm processes High GPU Usage causing stutterings in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Today a problem started randomly. My desktop is stuttering, Youtube, anything. But when i disable AMD Radeon display on Device Manager, it stopps the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by luizguuus, Sep 5, 2018.

1. luizguuus Win User

csrss and dwm processes High GPU Usage causing stutterings

Today a problem started randomly. My desktop is stuttering, Youtube, anything. But when i disable AMD Radeon display on Device Manager, it stopps the stuttering, i already tried to reinstall graphic drivers, but any version i install, keeps the stutterings. So the only option i have now, is to disable Vega 8 on Device Manager.
    csrss and dwm processes High GPU Usage causing stutterings [​IMG]

I found out this 2 proccess is using a lot of my GPU, probably causing the stutterings.

:)

luizguuus, Sep 5, 2018

2. csrss.exe high GPU usage at desktop screen

Thanks for your reply Franklin.

I did full-scan by windows defender as well as malwarebytes. No threats found.

In msconfig, no csrss found. Actually for my story, the csrss.exe does not start until a few seconds after I enter desktop. That is to say, first few seconds everything is normal and then csrss.exe starts to run and cause high usage of GPU.

GPU driver has been updated to the latest version... no luck.

Thanks for your advice anyways! I will keep researching on this.

Arthur_Jin, Sep 5, 2018
  3. BossDweeb Win User
    High GPU usage by system processes

Just to verify. You are seeing 60 gpu use after closing the game ? Does it happen every time you play a game,

or randomly ? All games ? On line and off line ?

What tool are you using to determine csrss.exe and dwm are using 60% of the gpu (I only have GPU-Z, or the

Task Manager > Performance tab to show gpu use) ?

I believe the Client Server Runtime Process may be reflecting what something you have running is using,

not the service itself. DWM may just be tagging along with what csrss.exe is doing.

Does anything stand out in Event Viewer > Windows Logs > Applications & System sections around the time

of the high gpu use ?

- Have you recently installed a new photo/video/3D modelling, or similar system intensive software

If so, verify it is not showing in Task Manager > Startup Tab as enabled, or use Cleanboot to troubleshoot potential

conflicts in both Services and Startup programs .

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

- Crypto-currency mining is the new black in malware, and commonly use the gpu. Have you cross checked your Anti-virus

scan results by running another AV such as Malwarebytes ?

- How many csrss.exe do you see in the Task Manager, Details tab at idle ?

- If you do a search for csrss.exe do you find more than the two csrss.exe that are in System32 and sysWOW64 ?

BossDweeb, Sep 5, 2018
  4. csrss and dwm processes High GPU Usage causing stutterings

Weird GPU Usage

so recently i've experienced a massive GPU utilization even I didnt play any games
    here I attached the GPU-Z ss and system usage showed almost no GPU usage beside dwm and csrss

what I did so far is reinstall driver but the problem still insist
    been using its for a year but this problem happened for this last 1-2 weeks
    my GPU is R7 250X

chaosmassive, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

csrss and dwm processes High GPU Usage causing stutterings

1. csrss and dwm processes High GPU Usage causing stutterings - Similar Threads - csrss dwm processes

2. DWM extreme GPU usage.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DWM extreme GPU usage.: For example when I move a chrome tab on my desktop the DWM will take up literally 40-80% of my gpu. It sometimes even closes out all tabs and sometimes crashes my whole computer and blue screens me. It’s not malware, drivers, or my graphics card. I’ve tried with different...
  3. DWM extreme GPU usage.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DWM extreme GPU usage.: For example when I move a chrome tab on my desktop the DWM will take up literally 40-80% of my gpu. It sometimes even closes out all tabs and sometimes crashes my whole computer and blue screens me. It’s not malware, drivers, or my graphics card. I’ve tried with different...
  4. DWM extreme GPU usage.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Secondary monitor is causing DWM GPU usage spike

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secondary monitor is causing DWM GPU usage spike: Recently after performing a windows update on my laptop "Custom" Origin PC the DWM GPU usage spiked to near 100% all the time. Did some research and checked for malware and those other things but nothing worked. I then accidentally unplugged my second monitor ACER SB220Q and...
  6. Secondary monitor is causing DWM GPU usage spike

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Secondary monitor is causing DWM GPU usage spike: Recently after performing a windows update on my laptop "Custom" Origin PC the DWM GPU usage spiked to near 100% all the time. Did some research and checked for malware and those other things but nothing worked. I then accidentally unplugged my second monitor ACER SB220Q and...
  7. Secondary monitor is causing DWM GPU usage spike

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. DWM high memory usage

DWM high memory usage: So recently i've noticed that Desktop Window Manager has been using A LOT of memory 5.3gb and i have no idea how to fix it. Processor intel i5-9600k 3.70ghz ram-16gb OS build- 19042.804 Nvidia rtx2070...
  9. ntoskrnl.exe Causing high GPU usage, help?

ntoskrnl.exe Causing high GPU usage, help?: When I play games ntoskrnl.exe comes in and starts using up to 80% GPU making it unplayable. Is there anything I can do to fix this? I tried using CMD to look for corrupted windows files. I also tried doing a deep scan with both windows antivirus and avast....
  10. Dwm and csrss using my gpu

Dwm and csrss using my gpu: Hey so the dwm and csrss using my gpu while im moving window folder(dwm) and while im moving cursor (csrss) and each of them can use 10% or higher And when im in csgo there is 10% of use of it (dwm) and 20% for.csgo im wondering if its okey or not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dwm causing stuttering in games

2. does high gpu usage cause black screen

3. dwm.exe latency

4. csrrs.exe and dwm.exe cause high gpu