Windows 10: CSRSS.EXE using a load of gpu randomly, crippling PC.

Discus and support CSRSS.EXE using a load of gpu randomly, crippling PC. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Under random circumstances, CSRSS.exe has been using anywhere from 40% to 70%+ of my gpu, making it impossible to do anything gpu heavy on my PC. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Thotalot, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Thotalot Win User

CSRSS.EXE using a load of gpu randomly, crippling PC.

Under random circumstances, CSRSS.exe has been using anywhere from 40% to 70%+ of my gpu, making it impossible to do anything gpu heavy on my PC. I have done clean reinstalls, checked cabling, DDU'd and reinstalled my drivers, checked for power/thermal throttling e.t.c

It fixes itself for a bit on a restart, however it will randomly pop up during a rendering and kill the process by hogging too much of the gpu, im really at my wits end about it so any help would be fantastic.

CSRSS.EXE using a load of gpu randomly, crippling PC. 1a3b800a-73e3-4641-822e-aa6d15a906f0?upload=true.png

:)

Thotalot, Oct 23, 2018

2. CSRSS @ c/i386

(dell)

CSRSS @ c/i386

How to get rid of CSRSS virus?

click start..search for csrss and comes out with 5 results:
    - CSRSS from C/i386
    - CSRSS from c/windows/system32
    - csrss and numbers end with hdmp from c/windows/PCHEALTH/ErrorRep/userdumps
    - csrss and numbers end with mdmp from c/windows/PCHEALTH/ErrorRep/userdumps
    - csrss and numbers end with mdmp from c/windows/PCHEALTH/ErrorRep/userdumps

went to C/ and found a folder called i386 and size of 988mb... open up... full of files... notepads, exe's, picture icon ect...

heres some of the names on the files in the i386 folder:
    - sendmail.dll
    - WINLOGON
    - WSSCRIPT
    - DellSys.dll
    - AGENTSVR (shows man in suit with black shades and hat as icon)
    - (jpeg file) name desktop_screen_shot. as preview on left side show desktop and desert wallpaper and browser open and paintshop open.

Heres some refference for you to help me get rid of this nasty virus:
    - http://www.techspot.com/startup/1632/
    - http://www.processlibrary.com/directory/files/pchealth

and here is result when scanned with SDfix:

Trojan Files Found:

Could Not Remove C:\csrss.exe
    Could Not Remove C:\WINDOWS\lsasss.exe
    Could Not Remove C:\WINDOWS\system32\remote.exe
    Could Not Remove C:\WINDOWS\system32\windowz.exe
    Could Not Remove C:\WINDOWS\system32\winsys.exe
    Could Not Remove C:\WINDOWS\system32\winxp.exe

HiddenStupid, Oct 23, 2018
  3. CSRSS @ c/i386

alt tab delete... process list comes up.... found says CSRSS.EXE press end process.... popup says:

"this is a critial system process. task manager cannot end this process"

HiddenStupid, Oct 23, 2018
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

Randomly failing to load webpages?

On my computer, Google Chrome, IE9 and Firefox 4 all randomly fail to load webpages. A few quick points:

• This happens even on a fresh install of Windows (and on my previous install as well)
    • I thought it might have been my ISP's DNS server failing, so I switched to Google DNS and it still randomly fails
    • My router is a homemade machine featuring a 2GHz P4 Celeron, 256MB SDR memory, and a 512MB CF card as the hard drive running the generic x86 DD-WRT client
    • I've rebooted my modem/router many times and the problem persists
    • I am no longer using my surge protector to protect my modem, the coaxial cable runs straight from the wall to the modem
    What should I do?

Thema:

1. CSRSS.EXE using a load of gpu randomly, crippling PC. - Similar Threads - CSRSS EXE using

2. Random exe and vbs file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random exe and vbs file: I recently found 2 vbs and exe files in my users roaming folder and windows defender marked one of them as a trojan so i deleted both of them but now when i start my pc two pop ups come saying they can't can't the windows script file with the path and file name on eof them is...
  3. Random exe and vbs file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random exe and vbs file: I recently found 2 vbs and exe files in my users roaming folder and windows defender marked one of them as a trojan so i deleted both of them but now when i start my pc two pop ups come saying they can't can't the windows script file with the path and file name on eof them is...
  4. PC crashing when GPU put under load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashing when GPU put under load: Hiya, i have been having some issues with my pc for a while. Everytime i put the gpu under any sort of load it seems to crash and reboot back to desktop...I am really hoping it is not a hardware issue. I have tried a fresh install, but the issue persists,...Nvidia drivers and...
  5. PC crashing when GPU put under load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crashing when GPU put under load: Hiya, i have been having some issues with my pc for a while. Everytime i put the gpu under any sort of load it seems to crash and reboot back to desktop...I am really hoping it is not a hardware issue. I have tried a fresh install, but the issue persists,...Nvidia drivers and...
  6. DistributedCOM 10016 Error is crippling my PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DistributedCOM 10016 Error is crippling my PC: Hi, I have been running my PC absolutely fine since early 2019. I have upgraded bits along the way and still have never had any major issues. Over the last two weeks my system has been shutting down abruptly, as if there was a power cut, for absolutely no reason at all....
  7. Service Host SysMain is crippling my PC.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Service Host SysMain is crippling my PC.: Once in awhile, it will randomly max out my RAM (16GB) and disk usage causing everything to slow down and nearly crash. Any fix to this? submitted by /u/12ThePatriotWay87 [link] [comments]...
  8. Dwm and csrss using my gpu

Dwm and csrss using my gpu: Hey so the dwm and csrss using my gpu while im moving window folder(dwm) and while im moving cursor (csrss) and each of them can use 10% or higher And when im in csgo there is 10% of use of it (dwm) and 20% for.csgo im wondering if its okey or not...
  9. csrss and dwm processes High GPU Usage causing stutterings

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    csrss and dwm processes High GPU Usage causing stutterings: Today a problem started randomly. My desktop is stuttering, Youtube, anything. But when i disable AMD Radeon display on Device Manager, it stopps the stuttering, i already tried to reinstall graphic drivers, but any version i install, keeps the stutterings. So the only option...
  10. Cripplingly High GPU in Windows 10

Cripplingly High GPU in Windows 10: A few weeks ago my Windows experience began to severely degrade. Moving Windows around is laggy and jerk and you can see even text entry is delayed. Using Task Manager shows that my GPU is between 80% and 100%. All other metrics are low - CPU, network, memory and disk. The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. csrss.exe using gpu

2. usage gpu crss.exe

3. csrss.exe and dwm msi