Windows 10: .csv Format And Notepad Question ?

Discus and support .csv Format And Notepad Question ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I have a radio control programs that uses files copied from various sources to control a sw radio. But, these files must be in .csv format.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Robert11, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Robert11 Win User

.csv Format And Notepad Question ?

Hello,

I have a radio control programs that uses files copied from various sources
    to control a sw radio.

But, these files must be in .csv format.

(perhaps I should be saying that the data in the file must be in .csv format)

Let's say I have done a COPY from a web source that has fields like Station, Frequency, Time...etc.

I tried pasting into Notepad, but cannot come up with how to Save this file as a .csv

It's apparently doable, as I have several very old files that the program uses just fine,
    and are apparently Notebook files.

The files have a .txt extension on their name,
    but are obvious .csv formatted, as they have all the commas or semicolons
    between Station, Frequency, etc. fields..

Can anyone please guide me thru this, and how to csv "format" data that has been Pasted/Saved into Notepad ?

Thanks,
    Bob

:)

Robert11, Nov 1, 2018
  2. JoWatson1 Win User

Exporting in CSV format into excel not working

I used to be able to export from a wordpress website a list of event bookings in CSV format which would automatically open in Excel. Now it opens in notepad which is useless to me. How can I restore opening in Excel?

JoWatson1, Nov 1, 2018
  3. Romel Ram Win User
    how can edit the format of documents in notepad

Hi Ramon,

We understand that you'd like to edit the format of documents using Notepad application.

If you're trying to open an Office document like Word or Excel using Notepad, be informed that since the app only detect pure text, it will lose all the format and objects originally came with the document.

You can follow these steps to open a document in Notepad:

1. Right-click the document file.

2. Select Open With, and select Notepad. If not its not on the list, click
    Choose another app.

3. Select Notepad, and click OK.

Kindly post back if you have further concerns.

Romel Ram, Nov 1, 2018
  4. .csv Format And Notepad Question ?

Windows 10 Character Map and Notepad

Well I found the answer to my question. I should have thought through this a little longer.

Notepad is native in ANSI mode.
    However Wordpad can work in UTF-8 mode.
    I found steps to make Notepad usable in UTF-8 mode but there are a lot of steps and once again there has to be a registry hack to make it work.
    Now how do I make Workpad be listed in the most used application through the Start Menu?

1ThursdayJC, Nov 1, 2018
Thema:

.csv Format And Notepad Question ?

1. .csv Format And Notepad Question ? - Similar Threads - csv Format Notepad

2. Notepad question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad question: I used to be able to simply close out of Notepad and all of my tabs in that session would automatically save and reopen when I would open Notepad again, but now it's asking me to save each tab every time when I try to close Notepad. Very annoying! How do we fix this?...
  3. Notepad question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notepad question: I used to be able to simply close out of Notepad and all of my tabs in that session would automatically save and reopen when I would open Notepad again, but now it's asking me to save each tab every time when I try to close Notepad. Very annoying! How do we fix this?...
  4. Format Questions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Format Questions: My computer is Dell laptop,running Windows 10.If I use this application,to create installation media.Either on DVD, or USB Drive.https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10Does the, computer. Creating the media.Have to be on the internet. At that time?Or the...
  5. Formatting Questions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Formatting Questions: Hi everyone. 1) So after getting my laptop, I just got a SanDisk Ultra microSDXC UHS-1 256GB memory card. What would be the best way to format (Fat32 or exFat and size allocation) ? 2) Have a USB 3.0 2TB flash drive on order. Again, what would be the best wat to Format and...
  6. NotePad not formatting right.

NotePad not formatting right.: When I open my NotePad, the paper is super small. The ruler says that the paper is max 2 in which makes the font gigantic even on the smallest setting. There aren't many settings that I came across that could help me fix the problem myself, so I'm wondering if someone has a...
  7. Notepad question - Windows 10

Notepad question - Windows 10: I am a regular user of good ol' Notepad. I use it for quick text copy and paste stuff, among other things. I have a rather technical question about settings: In older versions of notepad, a double-click of the following string would highlight the whole "word" from "" to...
  8. Notepad display format issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Notepad display format issue: In the notepad with Windows 10 version 1709, format of text will not appear as expected as shown below. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Whereas the same text file in version 1903 works fine. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] So the lower version of Notepad is not compatible for the formatting...
  9. Notepad printing question

Notepad printing question: How do i print in notepad and display the .txt suffix to the filename on the top printout? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-printing-question/ed207e15-8e6d-4da8-846f-98cba07739cb
  10. notepad document format?

notepad document format?: i get gobble de gook when i try to open a saved document in notepad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/notepad-document-format/56ca0d7b-59d5-44fa-bfbc-b3a68e17b3da