Windows 10: ctfmon.exe hard error - windows 10

Discus and support ctfmon.exe hard error - windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; hey everyone, so i ran into this problem today where when i log into windows i get this message "ctfmon.exe hard error" it keeps popping up until it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Hikarikage, Jun 8, 2020.

1. ctfmon.exe hard error - windows 10

hey everyone,

so i ran into this problem today where when i log into windows i get this message "ctfmon.exe hard error" it keeps popping up until it gives me a grey screen of death? at which point i do the ctr+alt+del combo and somehow fixes it so i can proceed, anyhow i went on and tried a few different possible fixes as suggested by various sources but nothing seems to work, i have tried the following methodsin no particular order:

1 clean boot up

2 sfc /scannow
    this one found some errors and fixed them, ran it again after problem persisted and found nothing

3 unistall any software that i have installed in the past 7 days or so

4 checkdsk /f /r, for some reason this only worked on my D:/ drive, maybe it has to do with the fact that C:/ is an SSD?

5 scanned my computer with kaspersky security cloud, nothing there

6 cleaned registry using Ccleaner - trial version which should do more than the regular one?

i also stumbled upon the uninstall windows updates solution but i hadn't install any updates for at least 2-3 months which should eliminate it as a culprit?

one thing to note is that at some early point i went and disabled touch keyboard and hand panel services since i found that these are connected which of course didn't work either cos on the next restart a new error popped this time it was taskhostw.exe so i revert the change since it wouldn't let me use the search bar which was irritating.

and one last thing is that my computer's vitals are actually fine, no excessive use of ram/disk/cpu.

:)

Hikarikage, Jun 8, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

ctfmon

Hello,

Ctfmon is the Microsoft process that controls Alternative User Input and the Office Language bar. It’s how you can control the computer via speech or a pen tablet, or using the onscreen keyboard inputs for asian languages. If you are using any of the mentioned
    tasks, you should leave it enabled. Since you've already tried removing it at the task manager, we suggest that you follow the steps below to disable ctfmon.exe:

• Open Settings by clicking the Windows icon.
    • At the Settings window, type in Administrative tools and select it.
    • At the Administrative tools window, click Services.
    • At the services window, look for Touch Keyboard and Handwriting panel service, set this to disabled and stop the service. This will disable the ability to use the onscreen keyboard.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Jun 8, 2020
  3. Recurring EventID 1000 ctfmon / kernelbase.dll error on startup

Trying to clear out remaining errors in the event viewer on my new system (had a couple BSOD related to the graphics driver which I believe are fixed now) - and trying to make sure there's nothing else broken, but I have this one error listed on every startup and can't find a way to get rid of it:

Faulting application name: ctfmon.exe, version: 10.0.18362.1, time stamp: 0x50d94f4d
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.628, time stamp: 0xf96f12ee
    Exception code: 0xe06d7363
    Fault offset: 0x000000000003a839
    Faulting process ID: 0x1414
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d5eca182a4ccea
    Faulting application path: C:\Windows\system32\ctfmon.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
    Report ID: 4012c06e-417e-4bac-b096-8ee9d67557af
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

I know ctfmon is required with multilingual setups, but I haven't found anything that can fix this error. Since nothing appears broken and everything works as far as I can tell, I'm not sure what I'm looking for that causes this.

Ran SFC and DISM per suggestions I found elsewhere, and neither found issues with these files (according to their logs), but SFC did log several windows updates as broken.

Windows 10 Home, 10.0.18362.657

SteelRodent, Jun 8, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

ctfmon.exe hard error - windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

ctfmon.exe hard error - windows 10

1. ctfmon.exe hard error - windows 10 - Similar Threads - ctfmon exe hard

2. How do I fix ctfmon exe - Bad Image?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I fix ctfmon exe - Bad Image?: I just opened my laptop and this thing pop out and it says ctfmon.exe - Bad ImageC:\Windows\system32\InputService.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your...
  3. Cannot type in Search window 10 version:21H2 ctfmon will not start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot type in Search window 10 version:21H2 ctfmon will not start: April 17 2022. Windows 10 v 21H2.Cannot type in search bar/window on bottom left.Have tried every YoutUBe and Windows recommended thing.Like restarting Cortana, restarting Windows Search Service, and thenfocused on ctfmon.exeC:\windows\system32\ctfmone.exe does not appear to...
  4. exe error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    exe error: my pc is win 10 pro all files not open because exe file missing please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exe-error/3243e85f-bea1-4f99-9099-3c98a9b9e1e4
  5. Recurring EventID 1000 ctfmon / kernelbase.dll error on startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Recurring EventID 1000 ctfmon / kernelbase.dll error on startup: Trying to clear out remaining errors in the event viewer on my new system (had a couple BSOD related to the graphics driver which I believe are fixed now) - and trying to make sure there's nothing else broken, but I have this one error listed on every startup and can't find a...
  6. CTFMON>EXE is missing how do i fix it my keyboard will not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CTFMON>EXE is missing how do i fix it my keyboard will not work: how do I fix my keyboard is not working web site said to check for CTFMON.exe but I am not finding it under system 32 files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ctfmonexe-is-missing-how-do-i-fix-it-my-keyboard/b0dd6628-a5b4-4cce-8b99-39f3b4259813
  7. Exe error

Exe error: what does this mean and how i can fix this? (the instruction at 0x00000000759059A0 referenced memory at 0x00000000759059A0. the required data was not placed into memory because of an I/O error status of 0xc000009c....
  8. Error exe

Error exe: I keep getting this error on my dell laptop and as a result, I am unable to download any programs from the Internet. How can I fix this? (the institution at 0x00000000774359A0 referenced memory at 0x00000000774359A0. the required data was not placed into memory because of...
  9. exe error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    exe error: hi i want to install some .exe programs but my pc shows "operation did not complete successfuly because the file contains virus or potentially unwanted software" but i sure these files are completely fine . and this programs worked in another pc. and my antiviruses are off...
  10. exe error

in Windows 10 Customization
    exe error: hi i want to install some .exe programs but my pc shows "operation did not complete successfuly because the file contains virus or potentially unwanted software" but i sure these files are completely fine . and this programs worked in another pc. and my antiviruses are off...