Windows 10: CTFMON>EXE is missing how do i fix it my keyboard will not work

Discus and support CTFMON>EXE is missing how do i fix it my keyboard will not work in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; how do I fix my keyboard is not working web site said to check for CTFMON.exe but I am not finding it under system 32 files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by shipwreck71, Dec 17, 2018.

1. CTFMON>EXE is missing how do i fix it my keyboard will not work

how do I fix my keyboard is not working web site said to check for CTFMON.exe but I am not finding it under system 32 files

:)

shipwreck71, Dec 17, 2018
  2. Xylee Del Win User

ctfmon

Hello,

Ctfmon is the Microsoft process that controls Alternative User Input and the Office Language bar. It’s how you can control the computer via speech or a pen tablet, or using the onscreen keyboard inputs for asian languages. If you are using any of the mentioned
    tasks, you should leave it enabled. Since you've already tried removing it at the task manager, we suggest that you follow the steps below to disable ctfmon.exe:

• Open Settings by clicking the Windows icon.
    • At the Settings window, type in Administrative tools and select it.
    • At the Administrative tools window, click Services.
    • At the services window, look for Touch Keyboard and Handwriting panel service, set this to disabled and stop the service. This will disable the ability to use the onscreen keyboard.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Dec 17, 2018
  3. Mussels Win User
    Keyboard not working...

well damn. i missed that somehow.

All i can suggest is that if the keys keep failing, wiggle the cord, try another port... and get another keyboard. return it, RMA it, sell it, whatever. Grab a logitech or microsoft keyboard, and suffer no more!

Mussels, Dec 17, 2018
  4. zbook Win User

CTFMON>EXE is missing how do i fix it my keyboard will not work

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

CTFMON>EXE is missing how do i fix it my keyboard will not work

1. CTFMON>EXE is missing how do i fix it my keyboard will not work - Similar Threads - CTFMON>EXE missing fix

2. How do I fix ctfmon exe - Bad Image?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I fix ctfmon exe - Bad Image?: I just opened my laptop and this thing pop out and it says ctfmon.exe - Bad ImageC:\Windows\system32\InputService.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your...
  3. How do I fix my keyboard?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix my keyboard?: My laptop keyboard is messed up for some reason. I can't type anything and if I press certain keys it acts as a shortcut. For example, when Im trying to type and I press "f" it opens up settings for Google chrome. And when I type the spacebar it just puts in "-0". I've tried...
  4. How do I fix my keyboard?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I fix my keyboard?: My laptop keyboard is messed up for some reason. I can't type anything and if I press certain keys it acts as a shortcut. For example, when Im trying to type and I press "f" it opens up settings for Google chrome. And when I type the spacebar it just puts in "-0". I've tried...
  5. How do I fix my keyboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. How do I fix my keyboard?

How do I fix my keyboard?: Lately my keyboard has been working strangely. It is mostly fine while doing ordinary things, with some lag at times but nothing too dramatic. The problem is when I try playing a game: the keyboard completely freezes for 20 seconds or more, while the mouse continues working i...
  7. How do I fix my keyboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix my keyboard?: Lately my keyboard has been working strangely. It is mostly fine while doing ordinary things, with some lag at times but nothing too dramatic. The problem is when I try playing a game: the keyboard completely freezes for 20 seconds or more, while the mouse continues working i...
  8. How do I fix my keyboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix my keyboard?: When I type anything on my laptop, the following things occur;- Caps randomly turns on and off- when I press caps repeatedly, a lower case followed by an upper case letter A appears aAaA... - when I press the letter A the cap turns on or off -If I press the downwards arrow /...
  9. How do I fix my keyboard?

How do I fix my keyboard?: When I type anything on my laptop, the following things occur;- Caps randomly turns on and off- when I press caps repeatedly, a lower case followed by an upper case letter A appears aAaA... - when I press the letter A the cap turns on or off -If I press the downwards arrow /...
  10. my keyboard is not working - mouse and arrow work-how do i fix keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my keyboard is not working - mouse and arrow work-how do i fix keyboard: my keyboard is not working - mouse and arrow work-how do i fix keyboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-is-not-working-mouse-and-arrow-work/5ca6f8d8-1bf5-43cb-bcaf-9f0211955c80

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keyboard not working ctfmon file missing

2. ctfmon is missing