Windows 10: Ctfmon.exe Keep Crashing Every 3 Seconds

Discus and support Ctfmon.exe Keep Crashing Every 3 Seconds in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey Tech persons. please advise on my issue. i have windows server 2019 that i've installed few days ago i have added other language to the windows and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by avrmos, Jun 20, 2020.

1. avrmos Win User

Ctfmon.exe Keep Crashing Every 3 Seconds

Hey Tech persons.
    please advise on my issue.
    i have windows server 2019 that i've installed few days ago
    i have added other language to the windows and since then CTFMON.exe keep crashing every 3 seconds

i keep getting in the event viewer 2 Event's ID

one of the is 1000 and it's an ERROR

Faulting application name: ctfmon.exe, version: 10.0.17763.1, time stamp: 0x4923c22a
    Faulting module name: InputService.dll, version: 10.0.17763.1192, time stamp: 0x58d7a710
    Exception code: 0x00000675
    Fault offset: 0x000000000005946a
    Faulting process id: 0x1430
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d647336f406540
    Faulting application path: C:\Windows\system32\ctfmon.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\InputService.dll
    Report Id: 26c3ea18-c929-4e4f-8c67-74ccdf1002b6
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

Second is Information

Fault bucket 1599179578321071378, type 4
    Event Name: APPCRASH
    Response: Not available
    Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
    P1: ctfmon.exe
    P2: 10.0.17763.1
    P3: 4923c22a
    P4: InputService.dll
    P5: 10.0.17763.1192
    P6: 58d7a710
    P7: 00000675
    P8: 000000000005946a
    P9:
    P10:

Attached files:
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERFBDC.tmp.dmp
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERFC0C.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERFC1D.tmp.xml
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER6E83.tmp.csv
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER6E94.tmp.txt

These files may be available here:
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_ctfmon.exe_1d4c101765376cbfdeaa3ce25 51b7231cee530_4b767312_1ee8ffd4

Analysis symbol:
    Rechecking for solution: 0
    Report Id: 7fd3b4a0-2fee-4d82-89a5-9271cfc42d7c
    Report Status: 268435456
    Hashed bucket: 4cb2be4b3968d40c76316d5a89e2ed12
    Cab Guid: 0

Did Somebody had this issue before and know how to fix?
    tnx in advanced.

:)

avrmos, Jun 20, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

ctfmon

Hello,

Ctfmon is the Microsoft process that controls Alternative User Input and the Office Language bar. It’s how you can control the computer via speech or a pen tablet, or using the onscreen keyboard inputs for asian languages. If you are using any of the mentioned
    tasks, you should leave it enabled. Since you've already tried removing it at the task manager, we suggest that you follow the steps below to disable ctfmon.exe:

• Open Settings by clicking the Windows icon.
    • At the Settings window, type in Administrative tools and select it.
    • At the Administrative tools window, click Services.
    • At the services window, look for Touch Keyboard and Handwriting panel service, set this to disabled and stop the service. This will disable the ability to use the onscreen keyboard.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Jun 20, 2020
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jun 20, 2020
  4. Ctfmon.exe Keep Crashing Every 3 Seconds

Asphalt 9 crashed after 3 seconds [Win10]

Hi fastboi999,

A corrupted game file is one of the common reasons why a certain game keeps on crashing when launching a game. To help you resolve this concern, I suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

Step 2: Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Kindly click the link below to proceed:

Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store

Step 3: Delete Temporary files. This will help delete temporary files that have been stored on your computer.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Storage.
    4. Select This PC.
    5. Click Temporary files.
    6. Choose Temporary files.
    7. Click Remove files.

Step 4: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Apps and features.
    4. Find the game and click Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

For additional troubleshooting steps you may perform the troubleshooting steps provided on the link below:

Game Freezes or stops responding on Windows 10 device

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

Ctfmon.exe Keep Crashing Every 3 Seconds

1. Ctfmon.exe Keep Crashing Every 3 Seconds - Similar Threads - Ctfmon exe Keep

2. Desktop keeps turning black every 2-3 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop keeps turning black every 2-3 seconds: After shutting down my pc today during lunch, I opened it again after 1 hour. I signed in into my local user as usual, but when I got to see the desktop my taskbar didn't load and the screen kept flickering every 2 or so seconds. I cannot open any apps via desktop shortcuts...
  3. Desktop keeps turning black every 2-3 seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop keeps turning black every 2-3 seconds: After shutting down my pc today during lunch, I opened it again after 1 hour. I signed in into my local user as usual, but when I got to see the desktop my taskbar didn't load and the screen kept flickering every 2 or so seconds. I cannot open any apps via desktop shortcuts...
  4. Desktop keeps turning black every 2-3 seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Explorer keeps crashing every few seconds and restarting

Explorer keeps crashing every few seconds and restarting: Hi, I'm so desperate, I tried so many fixes and can't get it fixed. So I send my PC either to sleep mode with a couple of Chrome Tabs or I just left it running. When I returned a couple of hours later the task bar and all the icons on the desktop kept flickering Explorer...
  6. Explorer keeps crashing every few seconds and restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer keeps crashing every few seconds and restarting: Hi, I'm so desperate, I tried so many fixes and can't get it fixed. So I send my PC either to sleep mode with a couple of Chrome Tabs or I just left it running. When I returned a couple of hours later the task bar and all the icons on the desktop kept flickering Explorer...
  7. Explorer keeps crashing every few seconds

Explorer keeps crashing every few seconds: Hello, I have a problem with my pc, im running windows 10 pro, today it started to crash every frew seconds, when i open a window in explorer, it suddenly crashes.I checked on event viewer and the following errors prompted:Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version:...
  8. Webcam keeps turning on and off every 2 or 3 seconds

Webcam keeps turning on and off every 2 or 3 seconds: i can no longer turn on my cam because it keeps turning on and off. I need to fix it quick but how??? any suggestion?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-keeps-turning-on-and-off-every-2-or-3/8a350f07-f4ef-4180-a64a-6edd2650c715
  9. Explorer keeps restarting every 3-5 seconds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer keeps restarting every 3-5 seconds: My girlfriend's laptop (Lenovo Ideapad 330S) keeps continuously refreshing Explorer, roughly every 3-5 seconds. Does anyone know of a solution for this? submitted by /u/Sulzer685 [link] [comments]...
  10. My laptop keep restarting every 3 seconds

My laptop keep restarting every 3 seconds: I reseted my laptop and while it was resetting I turned off the pc,when I turned it on the laptop kept restarting every 3 seconds please someone help Laptop type:Asus Sonicmaster core i3...