Windows 10: ctldl.windowsupdate.com resolving to CDN 209.197.3.8 and flagged as poor by Talos, VirusTotal

Discus and support ctldl.windowsupdate.com resolving to CDN 209.197.3.8 and flagged as poor by Talos, VirusTotal in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; 5/9/2023 our firewalls getting threat intelligence feed from Talos flagged "ctldl.windowsupdate.com resolving to CDN 209.197.3.8" as malicious and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ASSAF Patrick, May 10, 2023.

1. ctldl.windowsupdate.com resolving to CDN 209.197.3.8 and flagged as poor by Talos, VirusTotal

5/9/2023 our firewalls getting threat intelligence feed from Talos flagged "ctldl.windowsupdate.com resolving to CDN 209.197.3.8" as malicious and triggered DNS poisining attack in our environment we would like to confirm that 209.197.3.8 is indeed used by Microsoft and if microsoft can check with CDN vendor on the reputation of this IP.VirusTotal is also flagging this IP.

:)

ASSAF Patrick, May 10, 2023
  2. Callender Win User

VirusTotal is Flagging Windows .exe's

I see this:

ctldl.windowsupdate.com resolving  to CDN 209.197.3.8 and flagged as poor by Talos, VirusTotal 215120d1543143297t-virustotal-flagging-windows-exes-processes.jpg

ctldl.windowsupdate.com resolving  to CDN 209.197.3.8 and flagged as poor by Talos, VirusTotal 215121d1543143328t-virustotal-flagging-windows-exes-vt.jpg

So nothing to worry about. Files scan clean with onboard AV and secondary Anti-Malware programs.

Callender, May 10, 2023
  3. virustotal

Below is from their support area.

1) A list of each reviewing partner and their findings. Possible findings are:

• Undetected: The given engine does not detect the file as malicious.
    • Suspicious: The given engine flags the file as suspicious.
    • Unable to process file type: The given engine does not understand the type of file submitted and so will not produce verdicts for it.
    • Timeout: The given engine reached VirusTotal's time execution limit when processing the file and so no verdicts were recorded for it.

Make of that what you will.

Take a look at this PDF:

Search it for the word "detected". I got 21 hits, some related to Virustotal.

https://www.virusbulletin.com/upload...017-Abrams.pdf

ignatzatsonic, May 10, 2023
  4. GOPALM Win User

ctldl.windowsupdate.com resolving to CDN 209.197.3.8 and flagged as poor by Talos, VirusTotal

cdn error, dropdown list not working

cdn error due to which page not load, dropdown list not working in only one website, it works fine in others pc. i tried basic methods to solve the error but it persists.

GOPALM, May 10, 2023
Thema:

ctldl.windowsupdate.com resolving to CDN 209.197.3.8 and flagged as poor by Talos, VirusTotal

1. ctldl.windowsupdate.com resolving to CDN 209.197.3.8 and flagged as poor by Talos, VirusTotal - Similar Threads - ctldl windowsupdate com

2. wudf.exe flagged by virustotal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wudf.exe flagged by virustotal: Hi,I recently ran the Autorun program to see what services are started upon Logon. I noticed a file named ''wudf.exe'', original file name ''wudf2.exe''. I ran a virustotal scan and it is flagged. Anyone tell me if this is a legit service, or is it a virus on my system? I...
  3. wudf.exe flagged by virustotal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wudf.exe flagged by virustotal: Hi,I recently ran the Autorun program to see what services are started upon Logon. I noticed a file named ''wudf.exe'', original file name ''wudf2.exe''. I ran a virustotal scan and it is flagged. Anyone tell me if this is a legit service, or is it a virus on my system? I...
  4. wudf.exe flagged by virustotal

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. ctldl.windowsupdate.com resolving to CDN 209.197.3.8 and flagged as poor by Talos, VirusTotal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ctldl.windowsupdate.com resolving to CDN 209.197.3.8 and flagged as poor by Talos, VirusTotal: 5/9/2023 our firewalls getting threat intelligence feed from Talos flagged "ctldl.windowsupdate.com resolving to CDN 209.197.3.8" as malicious and triggered DNS poisining attack in our environment we would like to confirm that 209.197.3.8 is indeed used by Microsoft and if...
  6. ctldl.windowsupdate.com resolving to CDN 209.197.3.8 and flagged as poor by Talos, VirusTotal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ctldl.windowsupdate.com resolving to CDN 209.197.3.8 and flagged as poor by Talos, VirusTotal: 5/9/2023 our firewalls getting threat intelligence feed from Talos flagged "ctldl.windowsupdate.com resolving to CDN 209.197.3.8" as malicious and triggered DNS poisining attack in our environment we would like to confirm that 209.197.3.8 is indeed used by Microsoft and if...
  7. virustotal

virustotal: what does the term "undetected" of virustotal mean? Does it mean "clean"? Or does it mean : engine was not able to determine the status of the file? (=? no engines detected this file) 142803
  8. The virus talos.

The virus talos.: I had a virus attack my computer. My virus protection had lapsed. I have renewed it. It seems to have encrypted many of my files. Videos, pictures and some, but not all files. Anyway to save them and make sure the virus is gone....
  9. VirusTotal is Flagging Windows .exe's

VirusTotal is Flagging Windows .exe's: Hello All, My first post here so let's hope I'm not breaking any forum rules off the bat (specifically my posting of a Mega video link). I'm pretty keen to get this looked at so I haven't taken the time to read through all the rules yet but will very shortly - sorry if I...
  10. Resolving HDD issues flagged by CrystalDiskInfo

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Resolving HDD issues flagged by CrystalDiskInfo: I installed and ran CrystalDiskInfo and got the following "amber" warnings: Reallocated Sectors Count - Current: 100; Worst: 100; Threshold: 50; Raw Values: 000000001B18 Current Pending Sector Count - Current: 100; Worse: 100; Threshold: 0; Raw Values: 000000002468 The...