Windows 10: Ctrl+A causes right click menu to appear

Discus and support Ctrl+A causes right click menu to appear in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Not sure if this is an OS thing or a keyboard thing but I thought I'd ask. Ever since I've gotten my hp Spectre laptop, if I use the keyboard shortcut... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Baugher, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Baugher Win User

Ctrl+A causes right click menu to appear

Not sure if this is an OS thing or a keyboard thing but I thought I'd ask. Ever since I've gotten my hp Spectre laptop, if I use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+A, it sometimes causes the right click menu to appear. Because it's so inconsistent and doesn't always happen when I use the shortcut, I'm leaning towards it being some weird issue with the keyboard input not being mapped correctly or something. But is this possibly a problem that I can fix via settings or update? Anyone else experience this and know how to fix it?

:)

Baugher, Mar 25, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. topgundcp Win User
    How do I get a screenshot of start menu?

1. Run snipping tool ( If screen appears grayed out, press ESC, if not continue step 2.)
    2. Click to open the start menu
    3. Hold CTRL and press print Screen. Screen will appear grayed out, ready to capture.

NOTE: This will work with all popup menus ie. Windows Menu, Context menu etc...

topgundcp, Mar 25, 2019
  4. Ctrl+A causes right click menu to appear

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Mar 25, 2019
Thema:

Ctrl+A causes right click menu to appear

1. Ctrl+A causes right click menu to appear - Similar Threads - Ctrl+A causes right

2. Right Click Context Menu Does Not Appear Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right Click Context Menu Does Not Appear Windows 11: I have a scenario where I created a new admin profile, and for some reason I cannot get the right click menu to come up when attempting to right-click on various icon on my desktop, below is what I am running...any help would be much appreciated...thank you so much in...
  3. Right Click Context Menu Does Not Appear Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right Click Context Menu Does Not Appear Windows 11: I have a scenario where I created a new admin profile, and for some reason I cannot get the right click menu to come up when attempting to right-click on various icon on my desktop, below is what I am running...any help would be much appreciated...thank you so much in...
  4. Right-click menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right-click menu: I work with *.py Python files all day. These files are associated with Python for direct running, but to edit a .py file I right-click on a file to get to an editor, either VSCode , IDLE, or EditPlus. Unfortunately, I can't select any of these directly. Instead, I have to...
  5. Right-click menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right-click menu: I work with *.py Python files all day. These files are associated with Python for direct running, but to edit a .py file I right-click on a file to get to an editor, either VSCode , IDLE, or EditPlus. Unfortunately, I can't select any of these directly. Instead, I have to...
  6. "Access Backups" appears in right click menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Access Backups" appears in right click menu: Hi all and thanks for being awesome supporters.I noticed today that my computer have added a new choise when I am right clicking a file og folder. The values "Access Backups" is displayed.When I click /use this option it displays the pdf file i Edge as always. It is the same...
  7. right click menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    right click menu: how do i remove something off the right click menu submitted by /u/kubunio10 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mopspb/right_click_menu/
  8. right click menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    right click menu: when using the right click menu, how do i get a "confirm" option before deleting a file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-menu/5122906b-d095-4233-a785-1aadb877a634"
  9. Windows 10 Right-click Menu Bar Icons Not Appearing

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Right-click Menu Bar Icons Not Appearing: Recently, I've noticed that some the right-click menu bar icons haven't been appearing, among in some other places. Screenshots: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet First image: Right click menu. Second image: The taskbar preview close button not appearing....
  10. Right-click on shortcuts and .exe's causes screen to blink + no menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Right-click on shortcuts and .exe's causes screen to blink + no menu: Hi - Bizzarro problem with Windows 10. Help appreciated! In any account, including Administrator ones AND the Administrator account: If I right-click a desktop shortcut, the screen blinks black. No sign of the context menu. If I locate an .exe in its folder and...