Windows 10: Ctrl acting as windows key?

Discus and support Ctrl acting as windows key? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Very recently my left control key has been locking my profile everytime I press it and acting like it is the windows key. Don't know how to describe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Quickdropping, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Ctrl acting as windows key?

Very recently my left control key has been locking my profile everytime I press it and acting like it is the windows key. Don't know how to describe this much more as I have never encountered this problem on any version of windows or other computers.

For recap:

I press left control (not right) and it locks me out of my profile.

I re-enter my pin only to be locked out a second time.

After this second time, I am able to maneuver my account as long as I do not press left-control.

I'm alright with computers but this has me puzzled and in need of help.

:)

Quickdropping, Dec 29, 2018
  2. Unocal Win User

CTRL key acts as if it's stuck?

Hey!

I'm running Windows 10, and for a few weeks now, it has been acting as if the CTRL key is jammed. I replaced my keyboard with multiple others, and the problem persisted. I read a few forums, and one suggested to press both CTRL keys at the same time,
    which only worked once. Then, another said to open the virtual keyboard. This showed clearly that the keys were indeed held down, but I couldn't deactivate them from there, so it really didn't help. Are there any fixes to this?

Unocal, Dec 29, 2018
  3. Paul_Popa Win User
    Left CTRL acts as CTRL+4

I have this problem where Left CTRL acts as CTRL+4 and Right CTRL acts as CTRL+3.

For example when I`m using my browser and I need to copy something, whenever I try to press CTRL+C, the tab gets switched to the forth one before the highlighted text got copied.

Sticky keys are not on, I tried to uninstall the drivers from keyboard and I even done a clean install of windows 10, but without success, the problem still persists

Paul_Popa, Dec 29, 2018
  4. Ctrl acting as windows key?

Left CTRL acts as CTRL+4

Hi Paul,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused with Windows 10.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1. Is this issue specific to only browsers?

2. In which browser are you facing this issue?

3. What is the make and model of the computer?

4. Did you make any software changes to the computer prior to this issue?

5. "Left CTRL acts as CTRL+4 and Left CTRL acts as CTRL+3", does the same
    Left CTRL key acts as both CTRL+4 and CTRL+3?

You may please check if you face the same issue in different browser. you may also check if you can copy using Ctrl + C in other applications like notepad and word pad.

Please check the above scenario and get back with the results.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

Ctrl acting as windows key?

1. Ctrl acting as windows key? - Similar Threads - Ctrl acting key

2. Laptop acting like ctrl key being held down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop acting like ctrl key being held down: My laptop is acting like the ctrl key is constantly being pressed down. I tried many solutions I could find online like troubleshooting keyboard, checking for updates, uninstalling the update that it stopped working after, pressing a series of keys. Nothing has worked. I...
  3. Laptop acting like ctrl key being held down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop acting like ctrl key being held down: My laptop is acting like the ctrl key is constantly being pressed down. I tried many solutions I could find online like troubleshooting keyboard, checking for updates, uninstalling the update that it stopped working after, pressing a series of keys. Nothing has worked. I...
  4. My laptop acts as if the Fn and Ctrl key are constantly pressed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop acts as if the Fn and Ctrl key are constantly pressed.: I have a HP Spectre x360 that I've owned for 2 years now. Recently when I try to use the keyboard, on-screen keyboard, or a USB attached keyboard, my laptop will think that I constantly have the Ctrl or Fn keys pressed down. If I click H in the Google Chrome search bar by...
  5. My laptop acts as if the Fn and Ctrl key are constantly pressed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop acts as if the Fn and Ctrl key are constantly pressed.: I have a HP Spectre x360 that I've owned for 2 years now. Recently when I try to use the keyboard, on-screen keyboard, or a USB attached keyboard, my laptop will think that I constantly have the Ctrl or Fn keys pressed down. If I click H in the Google Chrome search bar by...
  6. Ctrl key acts as if it's stuck

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ctrl key acts as if it's stuck: It doesn't happen until a few seconds after I log into my profile.Then it's stuck https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ctrl-key-acts-as-if-its-stuck/a4130b80-fbb9-48a3-8377-44f5f9248e24
  7. Ctrl key acts as if it were the Esc key

Ctrl key acts as if it were the Esc key: I was playing some games and noticed that Ctrl sent me to my menu, i didn't think much of it but then it started happening in every game and outside of games, and it cannot be the keyboards i'm using because i even used my 5 year old keyboard that i havn't used in a while and...
  8. Ctrl Key acting as if it is pressed??

Ctrl Key acting as if it is pressed??: I'm using surface pro 5th generation with Windows 10. Recently, it is acting as if Ctrl key is pressed while it is not. Please assist. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ctrl-key-acting-as-if-it-is-pressed/c0665232-f51b-421d-9e22-71bc6dcc5535
  9. Computer acts as if the CTRL key is pressed down when it is not

Computer acts as if the CTRL key is pressed down when it is not: Hey guys, I've been experiencing an issue with my pc Windows 10 recently where my computer acts as if the CTRL key is pressed down when in fact it is not. For example, typing "w" in a web browser executes the CTRL + w command, and so forth. Viewing the onscreen keyboard...
  10. Ctrl, Alt and Windows keys act as if they were pressed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ctrl, Alt and Windows keys act as if they were pressed: Good afternoon, after trying many solutions to my problem, I decided to open a question because it is quite maddening. I have a very normal keyboard, GXT Trust Gaming, a piece-made PC So when I press any of the Ctrl, alt or Windows keys, they act as if they are pressed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows key is acting as ctrl