Windows 10: CTRL + Alt/Alt Gr and special signs not working properly

Discus and support CTRL + Alt/Alt Gr and special signs not working properly in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In short I have had an issue driving me nuts far back and have tried a lot of things.Now I'm asking about it here to see if anyone have any fresh idea,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by asdfgjkh, Jun 22, 2021.

1. asdfgjkh Win User

CTRL + Alt/Alt Gr and special signs not working properly

In short I have had an issue driving me nuts far back and have tried a lot of things.Now I'm asking about it here to see if anyone have any fresh idea, even long shots are welcome.I have a macro keyboard, so I get add @ and similar characters to these keys, but it's a bit tedious to work with. This is a new keyboard and I have tried several keyboards along with reinstalling drivers.I can use WIN + Alt Gr, to get the special symbol in notepad and all office applications.However, that's about were it works and not in any browser.I have suspected that it could be Office which creates issues for m

:)

asdfgjkh, Jun 22, 2021
  2. cellyme Win User

ALT + GR not working as intended

Cannot type the "{" and "[" character. Which is typed by Holding down "ALT GR + 7" and "ALT GR + 8" Key.

However typing "7" and "8" individually is no problem.

Also typing "@" which is achieved by holding ALT GR + Q works just fine aswell. Meaning every single key works individually.

Funnily enough typing with the on Screen Keyboard works aswell for every other combination except for "ALT GR + 7" and "ALT GR + 8"

cellyme, Jun 22, 2021
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    ctrl alt del to logon

Hi Diane,

Conflicts with the user account settings is one of the possible reasons why the secure sign-in option is enabled on your computer even if the box in the settings is not checked. I would suggest that you enable and disable the
    Require users to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete. You can follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + R.
    • Type control userpasswords2 or netplwiz and press the Enter key.
    • Click the Advanced tab.
    • Under Secure sign-in, check the Require users to press Ctrl + Alt + Delete checkbox.
    • Click Apply.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Open the same settings again and uncheck the Require users to press Ctrl + Alt + Delete checkbox and follow the
      steps 5 and 6.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Jun 22, 2021
  4. CTRL + Alt/Alt Gr and special signs not working properly

Windows 10 - ALT GR + number key combinations 2-3-4 not working, cant type "AT" sign.

I have the same problem but with French keyboard. Alt Gr sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. Usually when Alt Gr doesn't work I can still use ctrl-alt instead but not always.

Stefan Cuypers, Jun 22, 2021
Thema:

CTRL + Alt/Alt Gr and special signs not working properly

1. CTRL + Alt/Alt Gr and special signs not working properly - Similar Threads - CTRL Alt Alt

2. The keyboard combination Ctrl + Alt + E or Alt Gr + E is not working to input the Euro symbol

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The keyboard combination Ctrl + Alt + E or Alt Gr + E is not working to input the Euro symbol: Hello, the keyboard was working perfectly when suddenly after a key combination, I suppose, which I haven't been able to figure out, the keyboard combination Ctrl + Alt + E or Alt Gr + E stopped working to input the Euro symbol.I know it's not the keyboard because I was using...
  3. The keyboard combination Ctrl + Alt + E or Alt Gr + E is not working to input the Euro symbol

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The keyboard combination Ctrl + Alt + E or Alt Gr + E is not working to input the Euro symbol: Hello, the keyboard was working perfectly when suddenly after a key combination, I suppose, which I haven't been able to figure out, the keyboard combination Ctrl + Alt + E or Alt Gr + E stopped working to input the Euro symbol.I know it's not the keyboard because I was using...
  4. Alt and Alt Gr not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt and Alt Gr not working: Hello everyone,A few weeks ago my laptop started showing a problem, both the alt key and alt gr key were not working.I tried an external keyboard and the keys didn't work either.After searching through forums i found a tip saying "press Alt 5 times and it should go back to...
  5. Alt and Alt Gr not working

Alt and Alt Gr not working: Hello everyone,A few weeks ago my laptop started showing a problem, both the alt key and alt gr key were not working.I tried an external keyboard and the keys didn't work either.After searching through forums i found a tip saying "press Alt 5 times and it should go back to...
  6. ALT GR not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ALT GR not working properly: Hi everyone,I have been using a rapoo keyboard Bluetooth connection for 1.5 years. In order to write square brackets or @ I have to use alt gr + 2 or alt gr and some other combination for special characters. For 3 days, I can no longer do that as these combinations now...
  7. ALT GR not working properly

ALT GR not working properly: Hi everyone,I have been using a rapoo keyboard Bluetooth connection for 1.5 years. In order to write square brackets or @ I have to use alt gr + 2 or alt gr and some other combination for special characters. For 3 days, I can no longer do that as these combinations now...
  8. ALT GR not working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Alt gr no longer works

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alt gr no longer works: I've googled this and found some supposed fixes, like opening Remote Desktop Connection and doing some different key combinations, amongst other things but nothing seems to work. Any ideas? submitted by /u/boybandz [link] [comments]...
  10. CTRL-ALT-ALT GR-START keep beeping when pressed with latest update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CTRL-ALT-ALT GR-START keep beeping when pressed with latest update: So, yesterday I installed the latest major update of windows 10, the 2020-01 Everything when smooth but now, I've noticed that, out of nowhere, when I click one of CTRL ALT ALT GR or START itself, they beep with that annoying sound and I can't find how to disable it. Also,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant type symbols after ctrl alt del