Windows 10: Ctrl, Alt and Windows keys act as if they were pressed

Discus and support Ctrl, Alt and Windows keys act as if they were pressed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Good afternoon, after trying many solutions to my problem, I decided to open a question because it is quite maddening. I have a very normal keyboard,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JariVega, Mar 30, 2020.

1. JariVega Win User

Ctrl, Alt and Windows keys act as if they were pressed

Good afternoon, after trying many solutions to my problem, I decided to open a question because it is quite maddening.

I have a very normal keyboard, GXT Trust Gaming, a piece-made PC

So when I press any of the Ctrl, alt or Windows keys, they act as if they are pressed periodically, but not every time I press them, let's say it happens 7 out of 10 times that I use one of those keys.

So if for example I do Alt + TAB to tabulate and then type, alt is pressed in the system in some way I can see it on the on-screen keyboard and instead of writing, I use shortcuts

- My motherboard is an Asus B85M-G

- This problem has been happening for about 9-10 days or so

- The keyboard works perfectly on another old laptop I have

Here are the solutions I've already tried:

- Format the PC to factory state.

- Update the BIOS.

- Sticky keys are disabled.

- Tried to disable fast boot in BIOS

- I tried the different options of ps / 2 keyboard and mouse support in BIOS

- Uninstall and reinstall my keyboard, which does not use the manufacturer's own drivers, but what is installed with windows.

- I have tried to change some valua in the registry editor.

I can make those pressed keys back to normal pressing FN + F11, but is it just a momentary solution

Hopefully you can help me, I've gone into this a lot and it's frustrating and I need to work with it

:)

JariVega, Mar 30, 2020
  2. Eric Ber Win User

ctrl alt del to logon

Hi Diane,

Conflicts with the user account settings is one of the possible reasons why the secure sign-in option is enabled on your computer even if the box in the settings is not checked. I would suggest that you enable and disable the
    Require users to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete. You can follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + R.
    • Type control userpasswords2 or netplwiz and press the Enter key.
    • Click the Advanced tab.
    • Under Secure sign-in, check the Require users to press Ctrl + Alt + Delete checkbox.
    • Click Apply.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Open the same settings again and uncheck the Require users to press Ctrl + Alt + Delete checkbox and follow the
      steps 5 and 6.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Mar 30, 2020
  3. Ctrl Alt Del, Vista

The whole Ctrl+Shift+Esc should be used to get that crazy screen with those options and Ctrl+Alt+Del should bring up TM.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Mar 30, 2020
  4. Julie Ram Win User

Ctrl + Alt + Arrow Key hotkey not working

Hi,

Keyboard features in Windows can make navigation, tasks, and functions quicker and easier. To provide you the appropriate resolution on how to make keyboard shortcuts working on your HP Pavilion, we would like to know more information. Kindly answer the
    questions below:

• Which version and OS build of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press
      Windows key, type winver then, press Enter key.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • When you press "Ctrl + Alt + Arrow key", what is your desired result?

Looking forward to your response for further assistance.

Julie Ram, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Ctrl, Alt and Windows keys act as if they were pressed - Similar Threads - Ctrl Alt keys

2. Ctrl or Alt key holds as if I am pressing it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl or Alt key holds as if I am pressing it.: Ctrl or Alt key holds as if I am pressing it. It started to happen when I started to use VS Code. When it happens, I press ESC+Ctrl or ESC+Alt to unlock the holding. However, the holding happens randomly about once two minutes, so it is really annoying. Is there a way to fix...
  3. Ctrl or Alt key holds as if I am pressing it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ctrl or Alt key holds as if I am pressing it.: Ctrl or Alt key holds as if I am pressing it. It started to happen when I started to use VS Code. When it happens, I press ESC+Ctrl or ESC+Alt to unlock the holding. However, the holding happens randomly about once two minutes, so it is really annoying. Is there a way to fix...
  4. Ctrl or Alt key holds as if I am pressing it.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. ALT and CTRL key gets automatically pressed held

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ALT and CTRL key gets automatically pressed held: Hello have been going through every single thread about this without a solution. Basicly a couple times a day since three months back the ALT or CTRL key gets automatically pressed on my laptop, I can see when I click on on screen keyboard that both the CTRL keys are pressed...
  6. ALT and CTRL key gets automatically pressed held

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ALT and CTRL key gets automatically pressed held: Hello have been going through every single thread about this without a solution. Basicly a couple times a day since three months back the ALT or CTRL key gets automatically pressed on my laptop, I can see when I click on on screen keyboard that both the CTRL keys are pressed...
  7. ALT and CTRL key gets automatically pressed held

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Ctrl key acts as if it were the Esc key

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ctrl key acts as if it were the Esc key: I was playing some games and noticed that Ctrl sent me to my menu, i didn't think much of it but then it started happening in every game and outside of games, and it cannot be the keyboards i'm using because i even used my 5 year old keyboard that i havn't used in a while and...
  9. Ctrl Key acting as if it is pressed??

Ctrl Key acting as if it is pressed??: I'm using surface pro 5th generation with Windows 10. Recently, it is acting as if Ctrl key is pressed while it is not. Please assist. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ctrl-key-acting-as-if-it-is-pressed/c0665232-f51b-421d-9e22-71bc6dcc5535
  10. Computer acts as if the CTRL key is pressed down when it is not

Computer acts as if the CTRL key is pressed down when it is not: Hey guys, I've been experiencing an issue with my pc Windows 10 recently where my computer acts as if the CTRL key is pressed down when in fact it is not. For example, typing "w" in a web browser executes the CTRL + w command, and so forth. Viewing the onscreen keyboard...