Windows 10: CTRL + ALT + DEL delayed

Discus and support CTRL + ALT + DEL delayed in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, Recently I've had a couple of users report a very long delay after hitting CTRL + ALT + DEL One came into the help desk and I can confirm... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Zackary S, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Zackary S Win User

CTRL + ALT + DEL delayed

Hello,

Recently I've had a couple of users report a very long delay after hitting CTRL + ALT + DEL

One came into the help desk and I can confirm that it can take up to 10 minutes.

The users machine was Windows 10 Version 2004. Lenovo Thinkpad T14.

I disabled all non windows services from msconfig.

Ran SFC and it came back with no damaged files.

Ran windows updates and installed them.

Updated the system using Lenovo Vantage.

After several restarts during the troubleshooting process the first ctrl+alt+del screen would go through quickly but started delaying again after locking the computer and a consecutive restart it would still delay.

One thing that "fixed" the delay was unplugging the wireless mouse dongle or plugging it in. It would make the recognized device noise and kick it right to the login screen. I'm hoping that narrows it down, what would cause it to do that?

Thank You,

Zack M

:)

Zackary S, Oct 23, 2020

2. Ctrl Alt Del, Vista

The whole Ctrl+Shift+Esc should be used to get that crazy screen with those options and Ctrl+Alt+Del should bring up TM.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Oct 23, 2020
  3. jonmcc33 Win User
    Ctrl Alt Del, Vista

On a domain you won't get Task Manager when you hit Ctrl+Alt+Del. You get a crazy screen with a bunch of options.

Ctrl+Shift+Esc has always brought up just the Task Manager, even back to Windows XP days. You just weren't aware of it. *Wink CTRL + ALT + DEL delayed ;)

Go ahead, try it in Windows XP too.

jonmcc33, Oct 23, 2020
  4. Darknova Win User

CTRL + ALT + DEL delayed

Ctrl Alt Del, Vista

Depends on whether you have the Welcome Screen, or the Domain Logon screen at boot up.

Darknova, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

CTRL + ALT + DEL delayed

1. CTRL + ALT + DEL delayed - Similar Threads - CTRL ALT DEL

2. ctrl+alt+del not working sometimes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ctrl+alt+del not working sometimes: I noticed lately some of our machines, when they go to sleep hitting any key or ctrl+alt+del does not bring the login screen - it’s just flickers and goes away. Users have to reboot the machine which sucks. Anybody seen this issue before? submitted by /u/Poutcheki [link]...
  3. about ctrl alt del login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    about ctrl alt del login: hi i want to know how to use ctrl alt del to login on my pc and to change it to ctrl alt del to login https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-ctrl-alt-del-login/3f403214-0b1b-4d35-ba8d-53bf33a20781
  4. about ctrl alt del login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    about ctrl alt del login: hi i want to know how to use ctrl alt del to login on my pc and to change it to ctrl alt del to login https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-ctrl-alt-del-login/3f403214-0b1b-4d35-ba8d-53bf33a20781
  5. No display till CTRL+ALT+DEL

No display till CTRL+ALT+DEL: When I leave my PC and after when I try to login, Windows only shows the wallpaper and it doesn't show time, events or unread mails. I also press space key or left click on my mouse nothing appears but when I press CTRL+ALT+DEL it asks to sign in and I could access my PC....
  6. CTRL ALT DEL on Win10 machines?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CTRL ALT DEL on Win10 machines?: Does Windows 10 still require the CTRL ALT DEL before signing in for security reasons or was that setting was only used on legacy Windows machines such as Win2000, XP, or 7? 158581
  7. Forced to ctrl+Alt +Del to login

Forced to ctrl+Alt +Del to login: Running windows 10 completely updated When I boot up my HP Envy 17 inch laptop it arrives at the lock screen. Clicking any key on the keyboard DOES NOT get me to the password/PIN prompt neither does the on screen keyboard. I need to click my mouse to bring up the...
  8. Ctrl+alt+del settings changed?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Ctrl+alt+del settings changed?: Today I went to use my laptop and when I was finished I went to shut down my laptop. Well for some reason when I clicked ctrl alt del, the only option that it was giving me was to lock my computer and nothing else, no sign out or shut down. I didn't alter any settings and...
  9. CTRL+ALT+DEL disappears

in Windows 10 Customization
    CTRL+ALT+DEL disappears: Hello; I have a windows 10 on domain. It shows ALT+CTRL+DEL and then i click ok all i get is a black screen with mouse pointer. I tried to change the projector setting to single display same thing. Any ways to resolve this please....
  10. Ctrl+Alt+Del

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ctrl+Alt+Del: When I start the computer it is locked. It is asking for Ctrl+Alt+Del to be entered. When I do this there is no response. I cannot get to the password entry; the keyboard doesn't respond. How do I fix this?...