Windows 10: CTRL-ALT-DELETE at login not always working

Discus and support CTRL-ALT-DELETE at login not always working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello all I want users to be able to login via VPN on the Windows 10 login screen. I followed the instructions in this link:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JanG_, Aug 24, 2018.

1. JanG_ Win User

CTRL-ALT-DELETE at login not always working

Hello all

I want users to be able to login via VPN on the Windows 10 login screen. I followed the instructions in this link:

https://blog.lan-tech.ca/2013/03/02/windows-8-connect-to-vpn-before-logon/

This works when I log out of the user session but when I reboot the PC, users don't have to press control-alt-delete.

They can just select a user and enter the password. However, when they sign out again, the need to press control-alt-delete again. So it seems that the settings are only active when they signout but not after a reboot.

Anyone?

Thanks

:)

JanG_, Aug 24, 2018
  2. Eric Ber Win User

ctrl alt del to logon

Hi Diane,

Conflicts with the user account settings is one of the possible reasons why the secure sign-in option is enabled on your computer even if the box in the settings is not checked. I would suggest that you enable and disable the
    Require users to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete. You can follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + R.
    • Type control userpasswords2 or netplwiz and press the Enter key.
    • Click the Advanced tab.
    • Under Secure sign-in, check the Require users to press Ctrl + Alt + Delete checkbox.
    • Click Apply.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Open the same settings again and uncheck the Require users to press Ctrl + Alt + Delete checkbox and follow the
      steps 5 and 6.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Aug 24, 2018
  3. C_111 Win User
    Windows 10 Login Screen Ctrl Alt Delete

Hi, basically i used to be able to click or press a key and the login box would come up. Now I have to press ctrl alt delete even though the setting is not turned on. No text is on the screen to tell me to press ctrl alt delete like when the setting is on.

I want to be able to get to the login box by hitting any key like before, Thanks.

C_111, Aug 24, 2018
  4. CTRL-ALT-DELETE at login not always working

Why Windows 10 don't goes to login screen after CTRL+ALT+DELETE?

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

CTRL+ALT+DELETE will open you log-in screen in Windows 10 too. I suggest you to try pressing
    Ctrl+SHIFT+Esc key and check if it opens the Task manager. If issue persist, I suggest you to try below given steps and check if it works.

This issue may occur due to some system file corruption.
    I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
      • Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Aug 24, 2018
Thema:

CTRL-ALT-DELETE at login not always working

1. CTRL-ALT-DELETE at login not always working - Similar Threads - CTRL ALT DELETE

2. Ctrl A / C / V / Ctrl-Alt-Delete not working since now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl A / C / V / Ctrl-Alt-Delete not working since now: I've had the same issue in Windows 10. Could not find any solution although I tried lots of suggestions found on the internet. Upgraded my Lenovo Ideapad to Windows 11 and problem solved.Now a month later, at once, the same problem. All shortcuts with CTRL-button do not work....
  3. ctrl alt delete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ctrl alt delete: Hello Microsoft peopleI have a question is using control alt delete to shut down your PC have any side effects, Or does it work just like a regular shutdown? My friend was having problems with his PC, and I thought that might be it. If you shut your PC down improperly enough,...
  4. ctrl alt delete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ctrl alt delete: Hello Microsoft peopleI have a question is using control alt delete to shut down your PC have any side effects, Or does it work just like a regular shutdown? My friend was having problems with his PC, and I thought that might be it. If you shut your PC down improperly enough,...
  5. Ctrl-Alt-Del not working at login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Ctrl-Alt-Del not working at login screen: I have a Panasonic Toughpad running Windows 10 Pro that has recently stopped accepting Ctrl-Alt-Del at the login screen. I press the key combo and it flickers like it is going to the login prompt but it just goes back to the screen telling me to press ctrl-alt-del to unlock...
  6. ctrl+alt+delete

in Windows 10 Customization
    ctrl+alt+delete: ctrl+alt+delete[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E4%B8%BA%E4%BB%80%E4%B9%88%E6%8C%89ctrlaltdelete/56e61828-5b0a-4cc2-a5b0-a9f6a8d1d39f
  7. No Login blackscreen on startup, Ctrl Alt Del not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No Login blackscreen on startup, Ctrl Alt Del not working: I have a Toshiba C55DT-A on Windows 10 and when i power it on it goes directly to a black screen with only my cursor. Ctrl Alt Del doesnt work, Windows key+R does nothing. What can i do to boot it into Safe Mode...
  8. CTRL, ALT + DELETE

CTRL, ALT + DELETE: CTRL, ALT + DELETE Microsoft 10, programmers, managers, CTO, and CFO. The worst machine, I have ever owned. 1. Driver compatibility issues. Microsoft Drivers!!! 2. Slow internet connections. 3. HP Support Assistant drivers are not for pro computers, even though...
  9. Ctrl Alt Delete not working

Ctrl Alt Delete not working: My Win10 HP laptop freezes often and when attempts are made to use Ctrl Alt Delete it no longer works-period- .. All I can do is power off .. there is no workaround so far that I have found. PLEASE HELP!...
  10. Weird Ctrl+Alt+Delete Secure Login

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird Ctrl+Alt+Delete Secure Login: Somehow, Secure Login was turned on and I cannot seem to turn it off. Not sure if a windows update enabled it or not. So far, I've tried the registry edit of Disable CAD, I've tried netplwiz and under advance, however that option is greyed out and cannot click off the option....