Windows 10: CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+F10 is launching a program and I want to disable it

Discus and support CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+F10 is launching a program and I want to disable it in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The above key combo is a shortcut in a game I play. However, when I press it, something called Performance Monitoring launches in the background in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bca327, Aug 20, 2020.

1. /u/bca327 Win User

CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+F10 is launching a program and I want to disable it

The above key combo is a shortcut in a game I play. However, when I press it, something called Performance Monitoring launches in the background in record mode with a tooltip that says I can use CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+F10 to start/stop recording. I did not find anything searching and the options in Windows Performance Monitor don't mention recording that I was able to find. Any way to stop this behavior?

submitted by /u/bca327
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bca327, Aug 20, 2020

2. Ctrl Alt Del, Vista

The whole Ctrl+Shift+Esc should be used to get that crazy screen with those options and Ctrl+Alt+Del should bring up TM.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Aug 20, 2020
  3. jonmcc33 Win User
    Ctrl Alt Del, Vista

On a domain you won't get Task Manager when you hit Ctrl+Alt+Del. You get a crazy screen with a bunch of options.

Ctrl+Shift+Esc has always brought up just the Task Manager, even back to Windows XP days. You just weren't aware of it. *Wink CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+F10 is launching a program and I want to disable it ;)

Go ahead, try it in Windows XP too.

jonmcc33, Aug 20, 2020
  4. lx07 Win User

How to do Ctrl+Shift+F10 on laptop keyboard

With my Lenovo that BIOS setting just inverts whether you press Fn+F3 or just F3 to (for example) sleep.

If you want to keep the function keys with their media settings and want the effect of Ctrl+Shift+F10 you would hold down Fn+Crtl+Shift and then press F10. I think this behavior it is fairly common across brands.

Thema:

1. CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+F10 is launching a program and I want to disable it - Similar Threads - CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+F10 launching program

2. Disabling Office Key ALT+SHIFT+CTRL+WIN hotkeys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling Office Key ALT+SHIFT+CTRL+WIN hotkeys: I have a cat. She is lovely, but likes to rest on my keyboard from time to time. I would rather this not open Word, Excel, etc.Some Googling revealed that these hotkeys to open Office apps can't be easily disabled, which seems like a crude oversight. There is no world where I...
  3. Disabling Office Key ALT+SHIFT+CTRL+WIN hotkeys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling Office Key ALT+SHIFT+CTRL+WIN hotkeys: I have a cat. She is lovely, but likes to rest on my keyboard from time to time. I would rather this not open Word, Excel, etc.Some Googling revealed that these hotkeys to open Office apps can't be easily disabled, which seems like a crude oversight. There is no world where I...
  4. Shift +F10 not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift +F10 not working.: Hi there, I am trying to install windows 11 on a virtual machine on a Mac mini but the Shift + F10 button won't engage the windows command prompt during the installation. Is there another way of doing this? Thank you, with regards Robert....
  5. "Alt +Shift + Ctrl + F" and "Alt +Shift + Ctrl + R" do not work in latest update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Alt +Shift + Ctrl + F" and "Alt +Shift + Ctrl + R" do not work in latest update: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/wozmatic [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hn093h/alt_shift_ctrl_f_and_alt_shift_ctrl_r_do_not_work/
  6. Disable <Shift><Ctrl><Windows><Alt> from opening the "Login to Office

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Disable <Shift><Ctrl><Windows><Alt> from opening the "Login to Office: Micro$oft has added a new "feature" to Windows 10: If you (accidentally) press <Shift><Ctrl><Windows><Alt>, your web browser will open the "Login to Office 365" webpage. This happens even if M$ Office is not installed. If you have a cat that likes to jump on the table when...
  7. Disable ctrl-shift-W

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable ctrl-shift-W: Is there any way I can delete the ctrl-shift-W shortcut? I'm typing a large document on google drive and I use ctrl-shift-E to centre text quite often. However, the E and W key are right next to each other, so I end up closing the window usually several times a day. It's...
  8. Hi there. I wonder, how do I disable the "ctrl + shift/alt+shift" shortcut to switch...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hi there. I wonder, how do I disable the "ctrl + shift/alt+shift" shortcut to switch...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/LASLOW01 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e9dsn9/hi_there_i_wonder_how_do_i_disable_the_ctrl/
  9. Disabling ctrl alt characters

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling ctrl alt characters: Hello Microsoft community, I have never had this problem until today when I did a fresh install of Windows 10. A lot of programs I use for development have ctrl alt shortcuts, for some reason some of the keys do not toggle the shortcuts I have bound to them. Upon further...
  10. How to do Ctrl+Shift+F10 on laptop keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to do Ctrl+Shift+F10 on laptop keyboard: I can trigger a Fn key on my HP Spectre laptop by using the fn key. However, How do you do Ctrl+Shift+F10? Thanks, Jon 106934