Windows 10: Ctrl + and Ctrl - not working in MS Paint

Discus and support Ctrl + and Ctrl - not working in MS Paint in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have an HP laptop and for some reason, I can't increase or decrease the size of the paintbrush or pencil or anything using ctrl + or ctrl - . NOt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/warm_tapwater, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Ctrl + and Ctrl - not working in MS Paint

I have an HP laptop and for some reason, I can't increase or decrease the size of the paintbrush or pencil or anything using ctrl + or ctrl - . NOt really sure what the issue is or how to fix, would appreciate feedback.

submitted by /u/warm_tapwater
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/warm_tapwater, Apr 14, 2021
  2. wolf2009 Win User

Whats Ctrl+Enter in Ubuntu ?

doesn't work , that's why I'm asking .

EDIT : NM , right ctrl+enter doesn't work, left ctrl+enter does .

Maybe thats because right ctrl is the host key in VirtualBox .

wolf2009, Apr 14, 2021
  3. _Roach Win User
    Ctrl+Z not working in any application Windows 10

Ctrl+Z (undo) doesn't work in any application. I.E., doesn't work in ms paint, notepad, etc.

I don't think it's a hardware issue because ctrl+c etc work, just ctrl+z doesn't work. Also, I was able to manually use Ctrl+Z as shortcuts in other applications. I tried making Ctrl+Z the shortcut for GeForce Experience Overlay and it worked fine.

Any suggestions on how to find which application might be hijacking ctrl+z?

Could it be a registry issue?

Did this hotkey lose priority somehow?

I tried starting in safe mode / clean boot and it didn't help.

_Roach, Apr 14, 2021
  4. SamR0528 Win User

Ctrl + and Ctrl - not working in MS Paint

When using Quora (Win10 MS Edge) using Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V to cut and paste into a reply or comment results in the display of the HTML assciated with the text. How do I get just text?

Using Web app Quora with WIn10 and MS Edge

When I use CTRL+C to cut text from any website and then use CTRL+V to insert it into my Quora reply/comment the associated HTML is also displayed.

The only way I can work around this is to

• Paste the cut into Notepad (CTRL+V)
    • Recopy it (CTRL+C)
    • Paste the new snippet into Quora (CTRL+V)
    It appears from interaction with others on Quora that this is a MS Edge problem and the suggestion is I use Chrome instead.

I would prefer to use MS Edge

Any solution?

BTW It is a sad comment that the Category list below does not include MS Edge but only refers to Internet Explorer...

SamR0528, Apr 14, 2021
Thema:

Ctrl + and Ctrl - not working in MS Paint

1. Ctrl + and Ctrl - not working in MS Paint - Similar Threads - Ctrl Ctrl working

2. Ctrl+v not working in MS WhiteBoard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl+v not working in MS WhiteBoard: That's it, CTRL+V is not working in MS Whiteboard.So I can't put images to work with in my boards, or anything else.I tried to follow these instructions, not...
  3. Ctrl+v not working in MS WhiteBoard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ctrl+v not working in MS WhiteBoard: That's it, CTRL+V is not working in MS Whiteboard.So I can't put images to work with in my boards, or anything else.I tried to follow these instructions, not...
  4. Ctrl + D is not working but Ctrl + R does Excel or MS Project

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl + D is not working but Ctrl + R does Excel or MS Project: Ctrl + D is not working, however all other short cuts are including Ctrl + R. I have latest excel version. Yesterday the function was working and today it doesnt work in excel or in MS Project. I have explored all the options i could find online and in this community group. i...
  5. Ctrl + D is not working but Ctrl + R does Excel or MS Project

Ctrl + D is not working but Ctrl + R does Excel or MS Project: Ctrl + D is not working, however all other short cuts are including Ctrl + R. I have latest excel version. Yesterday the function was working and today it doesnt work in excel or in MS Project. I have explored all the options i could find online and in this community group. i...
  6. Ctrl + D is not working but Ctrl + R does Excel or MS Project

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Problem with CTRL+E in PAINT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with CTRL+E in PAINT: Hello, there is no way I can "SELECT ALL" in PAINT using the keyboard, when I press CTRL+E it shows me the properties of the image and when I press CTRL+A it opens the folders, also CTRL+E appears 2 times See attached image. I have Windows 11 Home Single Language V 21H2...
  8. Problem with CTRL+E in PAINT

Problem with CTRL+E in PAINT: Hello, there is no way I can "SELECT ALL" in PAINT using the keyboard, when I press CTRL+E it shows me the properties of the image and when I press CTRL+A it opens the folders, also CTRL+E appears 2 times See attached image. I have Windows 11 Home Single Language V 21H2...
  9. Ctrl+E bug in Ms. Paint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl+E bug in Ms. Paint: I'm trying to use the Keyboard shortcut to select all, but image prperties are shown instead.Both functions are assigned for the same "Ctrl+E" as shown on the screenshots attached here.I'm running spanish version of Windows 11 HomeIs this a known bug? Is there a fix for it?...
  10. Ctrl+E bug in Ms. Paint

Ctrl+E bug in Ms. Paint: I'm trying to use the Keyboard shortcut to select all, but image prperties are shown instead.Both functions are assigned for the same "Ctrl+E" as shown on the screenshots attached here.I'm running spanish version of Windows 11 Home...