Windows 10: CTRL and Tab key sometimes virtually stuck, starting to happen with other keys as well...

Discus and support CTRL and Tab key sometimes virtually stuck, starting to happen with other keys as well... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've recently noticed that, sometimes, while I'm using my PC as normal, the CTRL or Tab key suddenly gets virtually stuck, however my keyboard is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Eribetra, Apr 10, 2020.

1. CTRL and Tab key sometimes virtually stuck, starting to happen with other keys as well...

I've recently noticed that, sometimes, while I'm using my PC as normal, the CTRL or Tab key suddenly gets virtually stuck, however my keyboard is not having any problems. I am using a Bootcamped 1st Gen Late 2014 Mac Mini.

A reset, turn off and on or logout and login seems to temporarily fix the issue, however it always comes back up after some hours.

I have tried: - Pressing, holding and repeatedly pressing said keys (including 1 and 2 CTRL keys) - Unplugging and plugging the keyboard - Uninstalling and reinstalling the keyboard's drivers - Turning off every accessibility option.

Additionally, I have now noticed that the down arrow key is having the same problem, and I'm scared other keys may do that as well. How can I stop this from happening? Any help is appreciated!

submitted by /u/Eribetra
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Eribetra, Apr 10, 2020
  2. Unocal Win User

CTRL key acts as if it's stuck?

Hey!

I'm running Windows 10, and for a few weeks now, it has been acting as if the CTRL key is jammed. I replaced my keyboard with multiple others, and the problem persisted. I read a few forums, and one suggested to press both CTRL keys at the same time,
    which only worked once. Then, another said to open the virtual keyboard. This showed clearly that the keys were indeed held down, but I couldn't deactivate them from there, so it really didn't help. Are there any fixes to this?

Unocal, Apr 10, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Ctrl key on German QWERTZ keyboard?

Just tried the STRG key and yes thats the Ctrl key! *Stick Out Tongue CTRL and Tab key sometimes virtually stuck, starting to happen with other keys as well... :p
    Did not try that before since I was not familiar with these keys.

Thanks!

P4-630, Apr 10, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

CTRL and Tab key sometimes virtually stuck, starting to happen with other keys as well...

dalchina, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

CTRL and Tab key sometimes virtually stuck, starting to happen with other keys as well...

1. CTRL and Tab key sometimes virtually stuck, starting to happen with other keys as well... - Similar Threads - CTRL Tab key

2. Tab key stuck?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tab key stuck?: My tab key appears to be stuck - but only when trying to use any of the Windows menus. It just cycles through whatever menu I happen to have open. I've read that others have had this same problem and all of the answers appear to require clicking. Is there a way to navigate...
  3. Tab key stuck?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tab key stuck?: My tab key appears to be stuck - but only when trying to use any of the Windows menus. It just cycles through whatever menu I happen to have open. I've read that others have had this same problem and all of the answers appear to require clicking. Is there a way to navigate...
  4. Tab key stuck?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. both CTRL Key sometimes work and other times not

in Windows 10 Gaming
    both CTRL Key sometimes work and other times not: So, i recently encountered this problem where Both of my CTRL Key doesn't work but then they work and again doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/both-ctrl-key-sometimes-work-and-other-times-not/85a41a04-9d46-4524-9de0-c37ecf765d80
  6. both CTRL Key sometimes work and other times not

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    both CTRL Key sometimes work and other times not: So, i recently encountered this problem where Both of my CTRL Key doesn't work but then they work and again doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/both-ctrl-key-sometimes-work-and-other-times-not/85a41a04-9d46-4524-9de0-c37ecf765d80
  7. Windows, shift, alt, ctrl keys getting virtually stuck

Windows, shift, alt, ctrl keys getting virtually stuck: I’ve been having this problem more and more recently where my shift alt ctrl and windows keys keep virtually getting stuck. I’m not pressing the keys when this happens but they get stuck anyways. Usualy I’m able to disable this when the shift or ctrl keys get stuck by...
  8. CTRL KEY STUCK

CTRL KEY STUCK: Recently my notebook have encountered a problem, every time i want to use it ctrl key is stuck. I have tried all of this solution but doesn't work : 1. pressing ctrl+shift for 15 seconds 2. pressing left and right ctrl for 5 seconds 3. double press left and right ctrl 4....
  9. Tab key stuck?

Tab key stuck?: Hi, So I've never had this issue until now, But When I hit Windows key + G to open my Overlay to see my Xbox friend etc, I can see a highlight on icons and it keeps scrolling from left to right like I'm holding down Tab, Also if I try to type in Windows search it keeps...
  10. Ctrl Key stuck after virtual desktop switch

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ctrl Key stuck after virtual desktop switch: The Ctrl Key would stuck around 50% of the time after virtual desktop switch using Ctrl+Win+Arrow keys. The virtual keyboard does not show Ctrl key as stuck. The fix is to press the Ctrl key for a few seconds and it would become normal again. But this is very annoying. I use...