Windows 10: Ctrl+arrow keys not functioning anymore

Discus and support Ctrl+arrow keys not functioning anymore in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, From one moment to another my ctrl+arrows hotkeys are not working any more. This holds for: - the office suite: * jumping to edges of tables in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Wout Gubbels, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Ctrl+arrow keys not functioning anymore

Hi,

From one moment to another my ctrl+arrows hotkeys are not working any more.

This holds for:

- the office suite:

* jumping to edges of tables in excel

* jumping words in Word

* slowly move images in Powerpoint (also up and down)

- explorer or notepad

Using ctrl+shift+arrows still works fine, so it is probably not a hardware issue. It seems like a Windows wide issue.

I am running Windows 10 on a Dell XPS 13 9380. I have already tried disabling the Read Aloud function as well as repairing the office suite installation, both without success.

Is there anything else I can try except re-installing Windows?

Kind regards,

Wout

:)

Wout Gubbels, Oct 31, 2019
  2. Julie Ram Win User

Ctrl + Alt + Arrow Key hotkey not working

Hi,

Keyboard features in Windows can make navigation, tasks, and functions quicker and easier. To provide you the appropriate resolution on how to make keyboard shortcuts working on your HP Pavilion, we would like to know more information. Kindly answer the
    questions below:

• Which version and OS build of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press
      Windows key, type winver then, press Enter key.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • When you press "Ctrl + Alt + Arrow key", what is your desired result?

Looking forward to your response for further assistance.

Julie Ram, Oct 31, 2019
  3. jcm000 Win User
    (Solved) How to Restore 'Ctrl + Left Arrow' & 'Ctrl + Right Arrow' Function?

Hi. I usually use 'Ctrl + Right Arrow' or ' Ctrl + Left Arrow' to quickly move ahead or back (word by word) in a sentence I am editing. Or, I use the combinations together with the Shift Key to quickly highlight words in a given sentence. The Ctrl + Arrow
    (and related) Ctrl + Arrow + Shift have stopped working on my system; i.e., nothing happens when I try to use the keys in combination ... but the keys function as expected individually.

So far, I've restored my Windows settings to an earlier point in time to try and fix the issue, but the problem remains across all applications.

Does anyone know of a fix to control this shortcut / hotkey issue?

jcm000, Oct 31, 2019
  4. Ctrl+arrow keys not functioning anymore

down arrow key stopped working

My razor lycosa down arrow key decided to not respond at some point today. The other ones work and so does the numpad arrow if i turn off the numlock. Sounds like its just broken and im screwed, but any suggestions?

Hybrid_theory, Oct 31, 2019
Thema:

Ctrl+arrow keys not functioning anymore

1. Ctrl+arrow keys not functioning anymore - Similar Threads - Ctrl+arrow keys functioning

2. restore Ctrl + arrow function

in Windows 10 Gaming
    restore Ctrl + arrow function: Hello,My toddler reached up and mashed the keyboard for a few minutes before I stopped him. Now, I can no longer use the Ctrl + arrow keys to jump words left or right in any app. Ctrl + Shift + arrow keys work as expected, however. I found an old thread from 2019 that...
  3. restore Ctrl + arrow function

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    restore Ctrl + arrow function: Hello,My toddler reached up and mashed the keyboard for a few minutes before I stopped him. Now, I can no longer use the Ctrl + arrow keys to jump words left or right in any app. Ctrl + Shift + arrow keys work as expected, however. I found an old thread from 2019 that...
  4. Right arrow key still works but doesn't function as a right arrow key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Right arrow key still works but doesn't function as a right arrow key: As the title states, my right arrow key works fine, I've tested it using a keyboard tester and it shows up as being used. I can use it with other buttons like holding shift or control and it will use that function fine but just pressing it provides no function like being able...
  5. Ctrl+Alt+arrow key will not flip screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl+Alt+arrow key will not flip screen: Ctrl+Alt+arrow key will not flip screen. It worked preciously https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ctrlaltarrow-key-will-not-flip-screen/128652f9-d34f-4484-b031-d0613219a118
  6. Ctrl+Alt+arrow key will not flip screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ctrl+Alt+arrow key will not flip screen: Ctrl+Alt+arrow key will not flip screen. It worked preciously https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ctrlaltarrow-key-will-not-flip-screen/128652f9-d34f-4484-b031-d0613219a118
  7. Ctrl+Alt+arrow key will not flip screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Ctrl+arrow keys stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ctrl+arrow keys stopped working: Ctrl+arrow keys set as hotkeys for Office stopped working suddenly. Currently I am experiencing jumping words when I press this hotkey. However, ctrl+shift+arrows works fine,making me think that the issue is caused by Windows. It is Dell laptop running Win 10 1903...
  9. (Solved) How to Restore 'Ctrl + Left Arrow' & 'Ctrl + Right Arrow' Function?

in Windows 10 Customization
    (Solved) How to Restore 'Ctrl + Left Arrow' & 'Ctrl + Right Arrow' Function?: Hi. I usually use 'Ctrl + Right Arrow' or ' Ctrl + Left Arrow' to quickly move ahead or back (word by word) in a sentence I am editing. Or, I use the combinations together with the Shift Key to quickly highlight words in a given sentence. The Ctrl + Arrow (and related)...
  10. How to Restore 'Ctrl + Left Arrow' & 'Ctrl + Right Arrow' Function?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Restore 'Ctrl + Left Arrow' & 'Ctrl + Right Arrow' Function?: Hi. I usually use 'Ctrl + Right Arrow' or ' Ctrl + Left Arrow' to quickly move ahead or back (word by word) in a sentence I am editing. Or, I use the combinations together with the Shift Key to quickly highlight words in a given sentence. The Ctrl + Arrow (and related)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. arrows keys not functioning