Windows 10: Ctrl+arrow keys stopped working

Discus and support Ctrl+arrow keys stopped working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ctrl+arrow keys set as hotkeys for Office stopped working suddenly. Currently I am experiencing jumping words when I press this hotkey. However,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dad Dad4, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Dad Dad4 Win User

Ctrl+arrow keys stopped working

Ctrl+arrow keys set as hotkeys for Office stopped working suddenly. Currently I am experiencing jumping words when I press this hotkey. However, ctrl+shift+arrows works fine,making me think that the issue is caused by Windows.​

It is Dell laptop running Win 10 1903​

:)

Dad Dad4, Jan 14, 2020

2. down arrow key stopped working

My razor lycosa down arrow key decided to not respond at some point today. The other ones work and so does the numpad arrow if i turn off the numlock. Sounds like its just broken and im screwed, but any suggestions?

Hybrid_theory, Jan 14, 2020
  3. Julie Ram Win User
    Ctrl + Alt + Arrow Key hotkey not working

Hi,

Keyboard features in Windows can make navigation, tasks, and functions quicker and easier. To provide you the appropriate resolution on how to make keyboard shortcuts working on your HP Pavilion, we would like to know more information. Kindly answer the
    questions below:

• Which version and OS build of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press
      Windows key, type winver then, press Enter key.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • When you press "Ctrl + Alt + Arrow key", what is your desired result?

Looking forward to your response for further assistance.

Julie Ram, Jan 14, 2020
  4. Ctrl+arrow keys stopped working

Windows Key + CTRL + Right Doesn't Work (Desktop Switch)

Hi,

I love the new multiple desktops. However, the desktop switch isn't working for me.

It's an odd bug...

Windows Key + (left) CTRL + Right Arrow Key will not work, but Windows Key + (left) CTRL + Left Arrow Key will work.

Both the left and right arrow keys work when I use the right CTRL key, and the left CTRL key works perfectly fine using an external keyboard.

Any suggestions?

DanielChenery_DM, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

Ctrl+arrow keys stopped working

1. Ctrl+arrow keys stopped working - Similar Threads - Ctrl+arrow keys stopped

2. Arrow keys on laptop stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Arrow keys on laptop stopped working: Hello, I am using a Windows 11 Laptop and recently I spilled warm coffee it wasn't burning hot but definitely not cold onto my keyboard. Luckily I immediately followed the steps to save it by turning off the power and cleaning it and letting it dry for 24 hours. My PC is...
  3. Arrow keys on laptop stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Arrow keys on laptop stopped working: Hello, I am using a Windows 11 Laptop and recently I spilled warm coffee it wasn't burning hot but definitely not cold onto my keyboard. Luckily I immediately followed the steps to save it by turning off the power and cleaning it and letting it dry for 24 hours. My PC is...
  4. Ctrl+Alt+arrow key will not flip screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ctrl+Alt+arrow key will not flip screen: Ctrl+Alt+arrow key will not flip screen. It worked preciously https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ctrlaltarrow-key-will-not-flip-screen/128652f9-d34f-4484-b031-d0613219a118
  5. Arrow Keys Stopped Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Arrow Keys Stopped Working: Yesterday the arrow keys on my computer worked perfectly. Today while using Excel, the arrow keys would not advance the active cell marker to the next cell, either up, down, left or right. I searched the net for a solution, but none of the answers matched either the MS...
  6. Ctrl + Left/Right Arrow key not working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ctrl + Left/Right Arrow key not working properly: Ctrl key and left and right arrow keys are not working in windows in whole sysytem, not only in ms office. In order to move from the begining of a word to to end of a word normally by pressing ctrl key first and then pressing right arrow key I have to press ctrl key 1st and...
  7. tab and left ctrl keys stopped working

tab and left ctrl keys stopped working: hello microsoft answers, today both my tab key and left ctrl key randomly stopped working. every other key works fine except for those two, coincidentally my 2 most used keys. ive tried searching online for answers but they keep giving me solutions for the tab + left ctrl...
  8. Ctrl + Arrow stops working in ALL of Win 10. Help!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ctrl + Arrow stops working in ALL of Win 10. Help!: Control keys + Arrow stops working in Win 10. Reboot, works for a few minutes then stops again. Cannot Ctrl + Arrow in Word, when moving inside file names, or anywhere in Windows 10. Ctrl + Arrow works JUST FINE in my corporate Win Server 12. What do I hit to re-activate this...
  9. Ctrl+arrow keys not functioning anymore

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ctrl+arrow keys not functioning anymore: Hi, From one moment to another my ctrl+arrows hotkeys are not working any more. This holds for: - the office suite: * jumping to edges of tables in excel * jumping words in Word * slowly move images in Powerpoint (also up and down) - explorer or notepad Using...
  10. Both Ctrl keys randomly stopped working

Both Ctrl keys randomly stopped working: I've using a Dell laptop for years and out of nowhere, both Ctrl keys stopped working. Sometimes if I mash it repeatedly, it'll start working for a few uses before failing again. I haven't done anything significant that I feel would cause this, it truly came out of nowhere....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows key ctrl left arrow doesnt work