Windows 10: Ctrl + Backspace is working on Desktop shortcuts as well! (New in 21376.1?)

Discus and support Ctrl + Backspace is working on Desktop shortcuts as well! (New in 21376.1?) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Up until now, Ctrl + Backspace would write something like ▯ on Desktop shorcuts, instead of deleting the word preceding the cursor. Not sure if this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sgt_Skinner, May 7, 2021.

1. Ctrl + Backspace is working on Desktop shortcuts as well! (New in 21376.1?)

Up until now, Ctrl + Backspace would write something like ▯ on Desktop shorcuts, instead of deleting the word preceding the cursor. Not sure if this was addressed in 21376.1 or before, but I'm glad it finally works!

submitted by /u/Sgt_Skinner
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Sgt_Skinner, May 7, 2021
  2. Down005 Win User

Cant CTRL Backspace!

my keyboard will not ctrl backspace to delete the previous words anymore, also ctrl right isnt going to the next word, Those are the only 2 shortcuts that stopped working maybe there are more but those are the two that i noticed. I dont know what caused
    this its very annoying and i need the shortcuts back!

Down005, May 7, 2021
  3. TOOGAM Win User
    Ctrl + A + Backspace acting as home key

I think you lost a character in the question, about what shows up in Notepad.

When I tried Ctrl+A+Backspace in Notepad, I got the same results as pressing Ctrl-Backspace. (This did generate a character that looked like a thin, tall rectangle.)

I can suggest three approaches:

• Try altering your behavior. Use Ctrl-A and Delete, instead of Ctrl-A and Backspace.
    • Try a different keyboard. (This may ultimately end up having the effect of altering your behavior a bit. Another possible effect is to eliminate ghosting issues that may occur when too much is pressed simultaneously on some keyboards. Although I'm suspecting that your current issue is unrelated to keyboard ghosting.)
    • Use the downloaded software AutoHotkey to respond to Ctrl-Backspace by having it automatically press Ctrl-A and then either Backspace or Delete. Hopefully the software will be responsive enough to be able to complete its actions before Windows processes your next keystroke.

TOOGAM, May 7, 2021
  4. Ctrl + Backspace is working on Desktop shortcuts as well! (New in 21376.1?)

Hotmail desktop shortcut

Hi Paccomail,

In order for you to make a desktop shortcut to your Hotmail account you may follow the steps below:

1. Right-click on an empty space on your desktop, select New.
    2. Select Shortcut.
    3. Type the web address in the empty field provided.
    4. After creating a new shortcut, a window will appear asking you for the location of the shortcut, type in
      www.hotmail.com.
    5. Name the shortcut you just created, name this anything you like (ex. Hotmail or Hotmail Login.)
    6. Click Finish.
    7. Double-click on the shortcut to check if it is working.

Kindly reply to this thread in order for us to help you.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, May 7, 2021
Thema:

Ctrl + Backspace is working on Desktop shortcuts as well! (New in 21376.1?)

1. Ctrl + Backspace is working on Desktop shortcuts as well! (New in 21376.1?) - Similar Threads - Ctrl Backspace working

2. Ctrl D shortcut not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl D shortcut not working: Hello!Like a week ago Ctrl+D combination suddenly stopped working on my laptop Windows, Xiaomi RedmiBook pro 14s in my Google Sheets, then I noticed that the shortcut doesn't work either in Google Sheets, Miro, Google Meet, or Figma. Other shortcuts like Ctrl+A, Ctrl+; etc....
  3. Ctrl D shortcut not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ctrl D shortcut not working: Hello!Like a week ago Ctrl+D combination suddenly stopped working on my laptop Windows, Xiaomi RedmiBook pro 14s in my Google Sheets, then I noticed that the shortcut doesn't work either in Google Sheets, Miro, Google Meet, or Figma. Other shortcuts like Ctrl+A, Ctrl+; etc....
  4. Ctrl+Shift Shortcuts Not Working

Ctrl+Shift Shortcuts Not Working: I have been having issues with my Ctrl+Shift keybinds for months now. I have been researching on every site I can find about this issue. I've tried changing Sticky Keys, I've tried changing Filter Keys, I've tried checking my keyboard settings, I've tried changing settings in...
  5. Windows 10- Ctrl + Backspace not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10- Ctrl + Backspace not working: The Ctrl+ Backspace shortcut key is not working at all!Although the Backspace key works normally the Ctrl+ Backspace short cut key doesn't work at all, even in websites like this one.Help!!...
  6. Windows 10- Ctrl + Backspace not working

Windows 10- Ctrl + Backspace not working: The Ctrl+ Backspace shortcut key is not working at all!Although the Backspace key works normally the Ctrl+ Backspace short cut key doesn't work at all, even in websites like this one.Help!!...
  7. Shortcut ctrl + v is not working

Shortcut ctrl + v is not working: Hi, when I copy something and paste it, it pastes it twice. How can I solve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcut-ctrl-v-is-not-working/a8b37e04-64e7-480e-96d5-6f0e88c9948e
  8. working of ctrl shortcut key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    working of ctrl shortcut key: I am a coder, I need to change same word at different places at a time until recently I used to select that words using mouse and ctrl key and change it simultaneously but my ctrl key stopped responding to that shortcut but it is working for other shortcuts what should I do?...
  9. Ctrl+1 keyboard shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ctrl+1 keyboard shortcut: Hello everyone! I have a simple question. Whenever I press the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+1, it zooms the screen in onto the mouse, and if I press it again it zooms back out. How do I disable this? I need to use the shortcut for a different purpose on a program, but I cant if...
  10. CTRL Keyboard Shortcuts not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CTRL Keyboard Shortcuts not working: I have recently discovered that whenever I try to use keyboard shortcuts (i.e. ctrl + C, ctrl + Z, etc.) with my LEFT control key, nothing happens. Instead, it will just type the letter I tried to use in the shortcut. So if I try to copy, it will enter a C. This is only...