Windows 10: CTRL buttons on laptop keyboard being pressed?

Discus and support CTRL buttons on laptop keyboard being pressed? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm not sure when this problem began but although I'm not touching my laptop keyboard, both of my ctrl buttons are seen as being pressed. I've tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mya1367, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Mya1367 Win User

CTRL buttons on laptop keyboard being pressed?

I'm not sure when this problem began but although I'm not touching my laptop keyboard, both of my ctrl buttons are seen as being pressed. I've tried troubleshooting, resetting the keyboard, and even following other advice on here but the problem still continues. I really need this solved because this is my work computer and I have work due that needs to be turned in but the ctrl buttons are preventing me from typing anything.

:)

Mya1367, Mar 10, 2020

2. Keyboard refreshs button automatically presses

Hi Ananth,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

This issue that you are facing can be due to your keyboard driver. I would suggest that you check your driver, if it is updated. If not you can visit your manufactures website and download it manually.

You can follow the steps mentioned below to check the details of the drivers.

• Click on “Start” button located on your computer screen.
    • Type “Device Manager”, a window will open and in the navigation pane search for “Keyboard”, then right click to check the detail regarding the driver.
    The next step is to Go to your Laptop/Computer Manufacturer's website > Drivers and Downloads Section > Key in your Model number > Look for latest Windows 10 Drivers for it > Download/install
    them.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Mar 10, 2020
  3. KEYBOARD NUMPAD NOT WORKING PROPERLY .shift , alt , ctrl button gets pressed without my knowing.

Sometimes when i write something in the wordpad or in somewhere in the browser , iam unable to write it properly as different word are written instead of which id intended .For example if I type "A" , instead something like "gh=y" is written. using the
    virtual keyboard i saw that the both shift buttons , alt buttons and the ctrl buttons are already pressed , even when i have not pressed them . this error often occurs after a press any button on my number pad . kindly help suggest a solut0ion . is it a software
    error or a hardware error.urgent solution required

daredevil07, Mar 10, 2020
  4. CTRL buttons on laptop keyboard being pressed?

Microsoft wired Keyboard 600 keeps connecting and disconnecting each time I press a button.

Hi,

We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

As you have installed the latest drivers for the keyboard and are still facing the issue, I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the Search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View All in the left navigation pane.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Also, suggest you to unplug and plug the keyboard and check if the issue is with the keyboard connection.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 10, 2020
Thema:

CTRL buttons on laptop keyboard being pressed?

1. CTRL buttons on laptop keyboard being pressed? - Similar Threads - CTRL buttons laptop

2. Pls help, whenever i press the T, Y and Tab button the CTRL button automatically presses...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pls help, whenever i press the T, Y and Tab button the CTRL button automatically presses...: Pls help, whenever i press the T, Y and Tab button the CTRL button automatically presses too, until i tap another key on the keyboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pls-help-whenever-i-press-the-t-y-and-tab-button/77975acf-fd84-4a26-a539-8e4cb38dbc39
  3. Pls help, whenever i press the T, Y and Tab button the CTRL button automatically presses...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pls help, whenever i press the T, Y and Tab button the CTRL button automatically presses...: Pls help, whenever i press the T, Y and Tab button the CTRL button automatically presses too, until i tap another key on the keyboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pls-help-whenever-i-press-the-t-y-and-tab-button/77975acf-fd84-4a26-a539-8e4cb38dbc39
  4. pressed a button on keyboard and screwed it up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pressed a button on keyboard and screwed it up: I pressed a button and have no idea which I one pressed but I canàt cannot= get back to my american keyboard. For example instead of an apostrophe I get this à. How do I get back to my old keyboard_ The underscore should be a question mark. The parenthesis above should go...
  5. pressed a button on keyboard and screwed it up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pressed a button on keyboard and screwed it up: I pressed a button and have no idea which I one pressed but I canàt cannot= get back to my american keyboard. For example instead of an apostrophe I get this à. How do I get back to my old keyboard_ The underscore should be a question mark. The parenthesis above should go...
  6. pressed a button on keyboard and screwed it up

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Keyboard inputs pressed keys without them being pressed.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard inputs pressed keys without them being pressed.: So, it's been a few weeks now, and I've been really struggling, but here's to hopping I'm able to find a solution for this. My keyboard has been acting up really bad, almost making my typing experience impossible to work with, and it's causing me problems as with the...
  8. CTRL Key being triggered without the physical key being pressed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CTRL Key being triggered without the physical key being pressed: Randomly my computer will act like my CTRL button is being held down and unless I press CTRL and ESC it doesnt FIX itself sometimes this doesn't work and I have to reboot. I have tried swapping keyboards and I have all the USELESS STICKY KEY functions disable for good reason....
  9. MediaTrackPrevious constantly pressing with no such button on keyboard

MediaTrackPrevious constantly pressing with no such button on keyboard: Recently every time I start my PC after its been shutdown, windows reads a mediatrackprevious key being constantly held down. I uninstalled autohotkey, reset the registry with sharpkey, and I've tried uninstalling all of my keyboard related software. The only thing that...
  10. Ctrl key keeps being pressed

Ctrl key keeps being pressed: I have this issue since few days ago, but now has become much more severe. Basically after i log on to window the ctrl keys are presssed, as indicated by the on screen keyboard as shown in the attached picture. [IMG] i tried unplugging the keyboard and using another one...