Windows 10: Ctrl C and Ctrl V Copy and paste works on and off

Discus and support Ctrl C and Ctrl V Copy and paste works on and off in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi ! I am a huge fan of short cuts and I am having a recurrent problem that makes me nutts ! The Copy and Paste works only one out of two times.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mary Lou L, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Ctrl C and Ctrl V Copy and paste works on and off

Hi !

I am a huge fan of short cuts and I am having a recurrent problem that makes me nutts !

The Copy and Paste works only one out of two times. It is not a memory/cash problem, it has been checked by our IT services. The Ctrl X works better but the Ctrl V doens't works every time.

It does the same thing with the keyboard I have at home, work and even the desktop mounted keyboard.

The copy and paste with the right click mouse work fine.

Am I the only one having this issue ? Please, can you help me out, it is quite frustrating.

Windows 360 + Dell Latitude 5591

Thank you !

Mary Lou

:)

Mary Lou L, Nov 29, 2020

2. Generic Text Getting Pasted when Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V

This is been happening for a week now. When I do Ctrl+C once, it copies and pastes the above generic text but when I do Ctrl+C twice the text that I have selected gets copied and pasted. However, when I do Ctrl+V again the generic text reappears in the
    paste screen again.

krishnachandra281, Nov 29, 2020
  3. Ctrl + V/C broken.

I believe it's CTRL + C to copy, and CTRL + V to paste, basically regular shortcuts.

Errorname404, Nov 29, 2020
  4. Ctrl C and Ctrl V Copy and paste works on and off

Ctrl+C/V (to Copy or Paste) not working in NotePad, all Office programs, IE/Chrome in my Windows 10 Professional (10.0.16299.19)

• No reactions when I pressed "Ctrl+C" (to Copy) or "Ctrl+V" (to Paste) in NotePad, all Office programs (Words, Excel, etc.), IE/Chrome in my Windows 10 Professional (10.0.16299.19) using my Lenovo ThinkPad (I have to right mouse click to Copy/Paste), but
      it is working fine in my Windows 10 Home (10.0.15063.674) using my Dell Inspiron 3437.
    • However I can still use "Ctrl+Z" (to reverse), "Ctrl+A" (select all), etc.
      in Windows 10 Pro.
    • It is, neverthelss, possible to use "Ctrl+C/V" in File Explorer to duplicate a file or to rename a filename in Windows 10 Pro.
    • I have already tried, as per some users' advice, doing Device Manager>Keyboards>Drivers>Update Drivers (or Uninstall Device) and restart PC but the "Ctrl+C/V" still does not work in Windows 10 Pro.
    • Someone in another thread discussion alerted that you now have to include "Shift", i.e. "Ctrl+Shift+C" or "Ctrl+Shift+V" to Copy or Paste, and I realised it worked in Windows 10 Pro. Nonetheless, I would rather use right mouse click to Copy/Paste if I
      have to hold the additional "Shift" key.
    • Can Microsoft please advise how to change the keyboard command back to simply "Ctrl+C" or "Ctrl+V" to Copy or Paste to be used for all applications in Windows 10 Pro?

batmanleong, Nov 29, 2020
Thema:

Ctrl C and Ctrl V Copy and paste works on and off

1. Ctrl C and Ctrl V Copy and paste works on and off - Similar Threads - Ctrl Ctrl Copy

2. ctrl+c & ctrl-v not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ctrl+c & ctrl-v not working: hellorecently ctrl+c and ctrl+v have tended to stop working a lot, it's really annoying, i've tried most of what i can find on the internet after a while and nothing seems to be workingthings i've tried:-updating keyboard drivers-uninstalling keyboard drivers-ensuring that...
  3. ctrl+c & ctrl-v not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ctrl+c & ctrl-v not working: hellorecently ctrl+c and ctrl+v have tended to stop working a lot, it's really annoying, i've tried most of what i can find on the internet after a while and nothing seems to be workingthings i've tried:-updating keyboard drivers-uninstalling keyboard drivers-ensuring that...
  4. ctrl+c & ctrl-v not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. CTRL + C and CTRL + V Not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CTRL + C and CTRL + V Not working.: Alright, so. My I can't copy things using CTRL + C and I can't paste things with CTRL + V. I do not have Microsoft word or any Office program on my PC. My keyboard is the HyperX Alloys Core RGB. I have tried resetting my keyboard FN + ESC for HyperX Alloys Core RGB . I have...
  6. CTRL + C and CTRL + V Not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CTRL + C and CTRL + V Not working.: Alright, so. My I can't copy things using CTRL + C and I can't paste things with CTRL + V. I do not have Microsoft word or any Office program on my PC. My keyboard is the HyperX Alloys Core RGB. I have tried resetting my keyboard FN + ESC for HyperX Alloys Core RGB . I have...
  7. ctrl + c ctrl + v not working

in Windows 10 Support
    ctrl + c ctrl + v not working: Some time ago ctrl c and v stopped working. I've exhausted most searches for a solution and tried everything I saw with no luck. Can anyone here help? 177975
  8. Ctrl C , Ctrl V Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ctrl C , Ctrl V Not Working: So i was using my pc normally and for no reason my Ctrl C and Ctrl V stopped working i tried searching and someone told me to reinstall my keyboard driver and reset i did it and it worked for 5 seconds and after it stopped working again so i dont know what to do please help...
  9. Can't copy or paste using ctrl-c and ctrl-v, on anything.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't copy or paste using ctrl-c and ctrl-v, on anything.: I work as a cashier at a ROBLOX restaurant [don't ask] and I need to be able to paste my 'greeting' to ask customer what they'd like. But the thing is, I can't. It just doesn't do it. I've tried scanning the hard drive, to no avail. I just press ctrl-v and nothing shows up. I...
  10. Mouse without boarders Copy/Paste (CTRL+C & CTRL-V) not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse without boarders Copy/Paste (CTRL+C & CTRL-V) not working: I have mouse without borders connecting 2 computers (laptop and desktop) both running Windows 10 64bit. The desktop has 2 identical monitors. When I copy (using CTRL+C) something to the clipboard on one machine it does not copy to the other machine. Occasionally this...