Windows 10: ctrl + C suddenly not working only zooms in

Discus and support ctrl + C suddenly not working only zooms in in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; all of a sudden when I hit the ctrl + C to copy, it just zooms in like crazy, it's insaneDon't want that, want to be able to continue using Ctrl C an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by karinmercurio, Apr 19, 2021.

1. ctrl + C suddenly not working only zooms in

all of a sudden when I hit the ctrl + C to copy, it just zooms in like crazy, it's insaneDon't want that, want to be able to continue using Ctrl C an Ctrl V, and use my mouse to zoom if necessary. It is happening with all programs and all software and is driving me crazy

At the same time, all of a sudden scroll/dropdown seemed to stop working so when I click on the windows button for menu items I can't scroll down to any of the items on the bottom of the list, none of the items seem to "hold"-they flash up for a second and go away Same problem with absolutely every dropdown in every program I am using.

Before you ask

I have the same problem with my laptop keyboard and my bluetooth keyboard.

I have the same problem with my bluetooth mouse and the built in mouse pad.

I had the same problm with m work computer.

Have same problem with all browsers, all software word, excell, others, webbased software .

I think this must have been with some update. How to get this back to the way it was ie ctrl+C is copy, ctrl+V is paste, can use my touch pad or mouse to scroll in and out, clicking on arrow on dropdown pad shows me list of choices .

Tried turning antivirus on and off, have rebooted many many times, have started software in safe mode.

Any ideas? It's driving me insane and making it impossible to work. In fact, I can't select an item from the catagory dropdown box below using my mouse

:)

karinmercurio, Apr 19, 2021

2. Badly zoomed in on all Office products and Explorer

Hi,

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• If you have a mouse with a wheel, hold down the Ctrl key, and then scroll the wheel to zoom in or out.
    • From the keyboard, you can increase or decrease the zoom value in 10% increments. To zoom in, press Ctrl + (+). To zoom out, press Ctrl + (-). To restore the zoom to 100%, press Ctrl+0.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Apr 19, 2021
  3. Maintain the current page zoom between pages

Hi,

Check Magnifier > reset to your preference

If you are using edge then I would suggest you set zoom level of edge by following the below steps.

1. Open MS Edge then Click on More action (dots in the upper right corner of the screen).

2. click on Zoom option then click on zoom buttons as per your choice .

If it doesn't work I would suggest you to follow the below methods and check.

You can also use the following keys:

Ctrl + + to zoom in

Ctrl + - to zoom out

Ctrl + 0 (zero) to 100%

Have you tried using the Middle Mouse button to zoom in or out?

• Press and hold Ctrl key and scroll the
      middle mouse increase to 100%.

• Now close Microsoft Edge and check if it helps.

This entails editing Windows Registry. Be sure to backup the registry before you begin.

How can I pemanently set the zoom level in IE10?

Smittychat., Apr 19, 2021
  4. ctrl + C suddenly not working only zooms in

Windows wont let me zoom in, but I can zoom out

Hello,

When I'm in the application "Eclipse" (its a c/c++ developing enviroment) I accidentally zoomed out using "ctrl" + "-". now when im trying to zoom out by using "ctrl" + "+", nothing happens at all. I have also tried using "ctrl" + "0" to reset the zoom and "ctrl + "mousewheel" to change the zoom. But both do not work. why is it that zooming out with the ctrl key works, but nothing else does?

MeetTheMedic, Apr 19, 2021
Thema:

ctrl + C suddenly not working only zooms in

1. ctrl + C suddenly not working only zooms in - Similar Threads - ctrl suddenly working

2. ctrl+c & ctrl-v not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ctrl+c & ctrl-v not working: hellorecently ctrl+c and ctrl+v have tended to stop working a lot, it's really annoying, i've tried most of what i can find on the internet after a while and nothing seems to be workingthings i've tried:-updating keyboard drivers-uninstalling keyboard drivers-ensuring that...
  3. CTRL+C or CTRL+V works only when both CTRL keys and C/V is pressed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CTRL+C or CTRL+V works only when both CTRL keys and C/V is pressed: Hi, I accidently changed some settings for my CTRL keys on keyboard. Now, the common CTRL+C or CTRL+V are performed only when I press both CTRL keys +C or V. Both CTRL keys are working fine. I pressed some combination of ALT, CTRL and FN keys. Anyone knows the solution to go...
  4. CTRL+C or CTRL+V works only when both CTRL keys and C/V is pressed

CTRL+C or CTRL+V works only when both CTRL keys and C/V is pressed: Hi, I accidently changed some settings for my CTRL keys on keyboard. Now, the common CTRL+C or CTRL+V are performed only when I press both CTRL keys +C or V. Both CTRL keys are working fine. I pressed some combination of ALT, CTRL and FN keys. Anyone knows the solution to go...
  5. Ctrl + C not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl + C not working: Hi,I have been experiencing issues with copying using the keyboard shortcut "Ctrl+C".I am using Windows 11. Whenever I need to copy, I press "Ctrl" first, hold it and then press "C". And when I try to paste, it would not work.However, the copying works if I press both keys...
  6. Ctrl + C not working

Ctrl + C not working: Hi,I have been experiencing issues with copying using the keyboard shortcut "Ctrl+C".I am using Windows 11. Whenever I need to copy, I press "Ctrl" first, hold it and then press "C". And when I try to paste, it would not work.However, the copying works if I press both keys...
  7. Ctrl+C to break stopped working suddenly in cmd.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl+C to break stopped working suddenly in cmd.exe: Yesterday it was just fine and suddenly I can't break any command in cmd.exe, I need to kill the task in TaskManager to get the prompt back.Much like this unsolved QA...
  8. Ctrl+C to break stopped working suddenly in cmd.exe

Ctrl+C to break stopped working suddenly in cmd.exe: Yesterday it was just fine and suddenly I can't break any command in cmd.exe, I need to kill the task in TaskManager to get the prompt back.Much like this unsolved QA...
  9. Ctrl+C to break stopped working suddenly in cmd.exe

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. CTRL + C not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    CTRL + C not working: Hi All, I have purchased a refurbised Lenovo m920q running windows 10 enterprise. The other interesting thing is that the image is built to be used with Zoom, upon resetting windows to factory and going through the mini setup wizard it gives the option to log in using...