Windows 10: Ctrl+click apps on taskbar to select them

Discus and support Ctrl+click apps on taskbar to select them in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In Windows XP, when you had several open apps that showed up on the taskbar, you could Ctrl+left Click each one to select them. You could then close... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by phrab, Apr 19, 2019.

1. phrab Win User

Ctrl+click apps on taskbar to select them

In Windows XP, when you had several open apps that showed up on the taskbar, you could Ctrl+left Click each one to select them. You could then close all of them at once. This is a little faster than right clicking each one on the taskbar & then selecting "Close window". Is there an app or setting to get Win10 to do this?

Thank you in advance.

:)

phrab, Apr 19, 2019

2. PEOPLE app is disappeared from the Taskbar and how to get it back on the Taskbar?

Hi Dale,

Thank you for being part of the Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I suggest you to Repin the People app to the Taskbar and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type People in the search bar.
    • Right click on the People and select Pin to Taskbar option.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Apr 19, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Moving the taskbar

Hi Kim,

You can customize your taskbar to pin your favorite apps to it, move it to where you want to display on your screen, and specify how taskbar buttons group together when you have more than one window open. To address your question, we suggest
    that you follow these steps on how to move your taskbar to a different location on the screen:

• Open Settings and choose Personalization.
    • Select Taskbar.
    • Under Taskbar location on the screen, click the drop-down menu and select
      Bottom.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Apr 19, 2019
  4. Ctrl+click apps on taskbar to select them

Taskbar Issue with Multiple Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Please share the information below:

• Are you using a Local Account or a Microsoft Account?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Check if the option for Lock the Taskbar and Auto-hide the taskbar
      are ticked.
    • If they are ticked then uncheck the option for Auto-hide the taskbar.

Also, suggest you to update the Display driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 19, 2019
Thema:

Ctrl+click apps on taskbar to select them

1. Ctrl+click apps on taskbar to select them - Similar Threads - Ctrl+click apps taskbar

2. Ctrl+select no longer works when I click out of the window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl+select no longer works when I click out of the window: Recently I started having really annoying problem with multiple items selection on my virtual machine.When I press ctrl and I select multiple items, and then I click out to any other window, when I come back and want to continue previous selection I am not able to.Typical...
  3. Ctrl+select no longer works when I click out of the window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ctrl+select no longer works when I click out of the window: Recently I started having really annoying problem with multiple items selection on my virtual machine.When I press ctrl and I select multiple items, and then I click out to any other window, when I come back and want to continue previous selection I am not able to.Typical...
  4. Ctrl+select no longer works when I click out of the window

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Ctrl and Left Click?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl and Left Click?: When in any game, I have to hold ctrl in order to use my keyboard and left click at the same time. I'm pretty new to PC/Laptop gaming and was wondering how to change this so I don't have to hold ctrl....
  6. Ctrl and Left Click?

Ctrl and Left Click?: When in any game, I have to hold ctrl in order to use my keyboard and left click at the same time. I'm pretty new to PC/Laptop gaming and was wondering how to change this so I don't have to hold ctrl....
  7. I have to click the windows key, ctrl, and alt twice for them to work

I have to click the windows key, ctrl, and alt twice for them to work: I have to click the windows key, ctrl, and alt twice for them to work. I am on windows 11 and this started happening randomly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-to-click-the-windows-key-ctrl-and-alt-twice/47d76dcb-0cbb-44e4-950c-25c0d57d56fe
  8. SELECTION CLICK

in Windows 10 Customization
    SELECTION CLICK: Good evening community, a few days ago that when I open any tab of Google or any program and click, I get a selection box like the white box in the image. Is there any way to remove that? [ATTACH]...
  9. Ctrl + select not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ctrl + select not working: When i try to select non contiguous text on chrome, pdf or other apps by holding ctrl and selecting text with left click it unselects my previous selection when i move onto the next i wish to select. The same technique works in word or file explorer though. Ctrl + A still...
  10. Can't ctrl+click on apps in the start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't ctrl+click on apps in the start menu: It worked on windows 8.1 but after upgrading to 10 it doesn't work anymore. When I try to select several apps using ctrl+click the first app I click on starts and it doesn't even get marked. How do I fix this? I have tried with both my ctrl-buttons and I know they work...