Windows 10: Ctrl-Click on an email address in Word opens the Add an Account dialogue in Office 365...

Discus and support Ctrl-Click on an email address in Word opens the Add an Account dialogue in Office 365... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a laptop running Windows 10 and Office 365. There are two user accounts which are both mine. In one of the user accounts if I Ctrl-Click an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by robolovskyrobolovsky, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Ctrl-Click on an email address in Word opens the Add an Account dialogue in Office 365...

I have a laptop running Windows 10 and Office 365. There are two user accounts which are both mine.

In one of the user accounts if I Ctrl-Click an email address in Word, it goes straight to Outlook and opens a new email window. In the other account if I do the same thing it opens an "Add an Account" dialogue as shown below which of course I don't want to do.

So I am wondering why the Ctrl-Click of an email address in Word has a different outcome depending on which user account I am in. Both accounts have Windows 365 fully installed and registered, so why the difference.

I do hope someone can shed some light on this.

Ctrl-Click on an email address in Word opens the Add an Account dialogue in Office 365... 636e219a-7079-491c-b4a6-84ceaaa0165c?upload=true.jpg

:)

robolovskyrobolovsky, Oct 15, 2020
  2. scopio Win User

Office 365 Outlook email accounts

The reason I am asking these questions are that two individuals are buying two new laptops and would like to share one Microsoft Office 365 Personal.
    A has a subscription to Microsoft Office 365 Personal already and wants to share the same account with B.
    I have installed Microsoft Office 365 Personal in a second pc B and when launching Outlook all my email accounts from A were loaded. So, I cannot figure out how to install Microsoft Office 365 Personal in a second pc so that my email accounts A are not loaded.
    This raises more questions for me.
    1. So this
      • User A installs and activates O365 on User B's laptop
      • User B adds his / her email accounts to Outlook
      would not apply to Microsoft Office 365 Personal as it breaches the licence agreement?
    2. Am I correct?
    3. If it does apply how can I install Microsoft Office 365 Personal in a second pc so that my email accounts A are not loaded, and I can only add B email account on the second pc?
    4. Would B be able to access A OneDrive?
    5. Or would B have a separate 1TB free space in One drive, or only the free 5GB or none at all?
    6. And most importantly is this even legal or in breach of contract as Microsoft Office 365 Personal is for one user only?

scopio, Oct 15, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    Office 365 Outlook email accounts

O365 Personal cannot be shared. It can be installed on unlimited number of devices, but it must be activated with the same subscriber Microsoft account on each device.

Extract from Office 365 subscriptions - On how many devices can Office be installed:

However, the activation Microsoft account email does not have to be added to Outlook. A fully valid and functional example:
    • User A subscribes to O365 Personal
    • User A installs and activates O365 on his / her laptop
    • User A adds his / her email accounts to Outlook
    • User A installs and activates O365 on User B's laptop
    • User B adds his / her email accounts to Outlook
    The point is, that the O365 Personal subscriber email is required to activate Office on each device, but it don't have to be added to Outlook. In above example, both User A and User B add only their own email accounts to Outlook, and cannot see each other's accounts and emails.

Exactly.

4. tfwul Win User

Ctrl-Click on an email address in Word opens the Add an Account dialogue in Office 365...

Excel - Word: How to change the file open dialogue?

Thanks.
    No changes with me. Which Office version are you using?
    I just updated to

Ctrl-Click on an email address in Word opens the Add an Account dialogue in Office 365... [​IMG]

Office 365.

No changes.

I don't see any changes in 1902 insider as well.

The below is how it looks like with me (based on 1901)

Ctrl-Click on an email address in Word opens the Add an Account dialogue in Office 365... [​IMG]

Maybe, if you would try to create a number of new files with long names, so the list of 'Recent' would be more populated, then you might get the vertical scroll bar (like me) and then get the same effect?

tfwul, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

Ctrl-Click on an email address in Word opens the Add an Account dialogue in Office 365...

1. Ctrl-Click on an email address in Word opens the Add an Account dialogue in Office 365... - Similar Threads - Ctrl Click email

2. Unable to open Word in Office 365 Business Standard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open Word in Office 365 Business Standard: I've signed up for trial of Office 365 Business Standard and have downloaded software on my new laptop. However, when I try to open a Word document it asks me to log in and when I use the email I used to create the account, it just brings me back to asking me to sign up for...
  3. Unable to open Word in Office 365 Business Standard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open Word in Office 365 Business Standard: I've signed up for trial of Office 365 Business Standard and have downloaded software on my new laptop. However, when I try to open a Word document it asks me to log in and when I use the email I used to create the account, it just brings me back to asking me to sign up for...
  4. Associate new email address with paid Office 365 subscription

Associate new email address with paid Office 365 subscription: I have recently subscribed to Office 365 family and was using my own plusnet email address. However I could not get my plusnet address to work with outlook and plusnet are discontinuing their email service soon anyway. So I decided to set up a new outlook email address....
  5. Unable to add Office 365/Exchange email account on Windows Mail App

Unable to add Office 365/Exchange email account on Windows Mail App: Unable to add Office 365/Exchange email account on Windows Mail App https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-add-office-365exchange-email-account-on/941459e9-e6f8-4ff5-97b9-79101b1e4f77
  6. Obsolete email address in Office 365 account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Obsolete email address in Office 365 account: I recently set up an Outlook.com account for my wife. Somehow in the process, it connected to an obsolete email address. When I add the Outlook email address to Outlook, it connects to and displays the old email address and connects to all the old data files. And the old...
  7. Underscores in email address. postmaster changed to office 365

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Underscores in email address. postmaster changed to office 365: I can no longer send emails to address that has an underscore in it. The postmaster that can't find the address and denies the message has changed to office 365 I don't have office 365 on my computer or use it The same thing happens on my mobile phone...
  8. Office 365 Outlook email accounts

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 365 Outlook email accounts: I have a subsciption to Micrrosoft Office Personal and wish to install it in a second pc (my wifes pc) but I do not wish my Outlook email account to be seen in my wifes laptop and I do not wish to see my wife's Outlook emails on my pc. If I share my Office 365 Personal...
  9. Microsoft Office 365 Word

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Office 365 Word: G'day, I have just updated to 365 Word. I have been practicing writing documents. Obviously I do not want to keep them. Each time I open a new page on the left hand side are all my previous documents. I cannot find out how to delete them. Please could somebody help me?...
  10. Microsoft Word Office 365

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Word Office 365: Does anyone have a way to restore a corrupt Word document? I've tried everything and I really need this document. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/microsoft-word-office-365/51fde4cc-82e6-41f8-8520-82cc41422b5e