Windows 10: ctrl+d cause icons on desktop flashing

Discus and support ctrl+d cause icons on desktop flashing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, when i am on desktop and press ctrl+d icons flashes, or i would descibed it like dissaper and reaper quickly. Cant find fix. Please help me with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by empleat, Jul 13, 2018.

1. empleat Win User

ctrl+d cause icons on desktop flashing

Hello,
    when i am on desktop and press ctrl+d icons flashes, or i would descibed it like dissaper and reaper quickly.
    Cant find fix.
    Please help me with this annoynce ffs!

:)

empleat, Jul 13, 2018

2. Resize and rearrange desktop icons with ctrl+shift+(1-0)

To change your desktop icons from vertical to horizontal, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on your desktop.
    • Select small icons.

Once done, try to change again the size and display of your desktop icons using the
    Ctrl+shift+(1-0) mode and check if the same issue persists.

Let us know how it goes.

Acelyn Alc, Jul 13, 2018
  3. bybauskis Win User
    Win+D causes all desktop icons to flash

I've recently upgraded from Windows 7 and there's a minor annoyance of desktop icons flashing / blinking whenever I press Windows+D (and I use this shortcut a lot). Looks the same as if pressing F5 or right click -> Refresh.

It seems this issue goes away if I fiddle with Task View or virtual desktops, but then comes back after restarting.

Any ideas?

bybauskis, Jul 13, 2018
  4. ctrl+d cause icons on desktop flashing

After installing windows 10, desktop has no icons and flashes

Any suggestions?

sbbarnett24, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

ctrl+d cause icons on desktop flashing

1. ctrl+d cause icons on desktop flashing - Similar Threads - ctrl+d cause icons

2. Ctrl+D on strike

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ctrl+D on strike: For about a month on my Windows 10 Ctrl+D fails to do anything. I haven't found any other Ctrl+ failure. In the Chrome browser Ctrl+D records a tab as a bookmark, in Windows 10 it's supposed to Delete, in Excel to copy a cell and in other obscure programmes it has other...
  3. desktop icons are overlapping D:

desktop icons are overlapping D:: so i was messing around with the text size of my computer to see if anything worked the best for me. then i looked at my desktop where your computer background will be then i saw that there were only to rows, and the first row had most of the programs i had downloaded...
  4. CTRL+D= New Virtual Desktop. [HELP]

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CTRL+D= New Virtual Desktop. [HELP]: hey guys, a couple days ago i had a windows update, and since then, whenever i press ctrl+d windows opens a new virtual desktop. today i finally found out what that "window swish" was, and i had to remove 63 virtual desktops... it doesent matter what i do, if its working...
  5. Desktop Icons and Taskbar Icons are Flashing, Continously

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Desktop Icons and Taskbar Icons are Flashing, Continously: Hi: I am experiencing blinking/flashing of several icons that are located on my Win10-64 Pro desktop PC's screen, and several icons for programs and for File Manager, that are pinned to within the taskbar. The PC is a DELL XPS 8700 desktop. I think my PC has Windows 10...
  6. CTRL+A doesn't work on desktop's icons

CTRL+A doesn't work on desktop's icons: OS 1803 - Build 17134.285. I mean select one icon on desktop (folder, link or file doesn't matter), press F2 to rename, move cursor to the end (to unselect the text) and then press CTRL+A to select all the text. It doesn't work on desktop but works perfectly inside any...
  7. Launching battle.net client causes desktop icons to flash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Launching battle.net client causes desktop icons to flash: As the title says when I launch the battle.net client i notice all the icons on my desktop flash for a brief moment. It’s the only thing that causes this (other than new software or app installs). Does anyone else who uses battle net notice this happen? It only happens once...
  8. icons flashing when using win+d...

in Windows 10 Support
    icons flashing when using win+d...: Hey, when i am in chrome and i press win+d icons on my desktop flashes and when i press win+d to go back to chrome i see something weird black screen and than two rectangles one on the left and one on the right part of the screen like normal window, but only outline of these...
  9. Win+D causes all desktop icons to flash

in Windows 10 Support
    Win+D causes all desktop icons to flash: I've recently upgraded from Windows 7 and there's a minor annoyance of desktop icons flashing / blinking whenever I press Windows+D (and I use this shortcut a lot). Looks the same as if pressing F5 or right click -> Refresh. It seems this issue goes away if I fiddle with...
  10. Desktop icons occasional flash

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons occasional flash: It's not very often at all but now and then the desktop icons will refresh in a split second, is this normal? I also use fast start/boot. It's very quick, goes through bios and login screen is instant but the icons don't all pop up on my desktop immediately, some of them...