Windows 10: Ctrl+E bug in Ms. Paint

Discus and support Ctrl+E bug in Ms. Paint in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm trying to use the Keyboard shortcut to select all, but image prperties are shown instead.Both functions are assigned for the same "Ctrl+E" as shown... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Joaquín Ramos Arim, Aug 29, 2022.

1. Ctrl+E bug in Ms. Paint

I'm trying to use the Keyboard shortcut to select all, but image prperties are shown instead.Both functions are assigned for the same "Ctrl+E" as shown on the screenshots attached here.I'm running spanish version of Windows 11 HomeIs this a known bug? Is there a fix for it?

:)

Joaquín Ramos Arim, Aug 29, 2022

2. MS Paint not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are unable to use Microsoft Paint on your PC. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 installed on the PC? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?

In this scenario, we would suggest you to check if you are able to launch Microsoft Paint from System32 folder.

1. Press Windows + E key to open
      File/Windows Explorer

2. Navigate to C:\Windows\System32
    3. Double click on mspaint.exe
    4. If you are able to launch then Pin to Taskbar and
      create a shortcut.

If the issue persists then try these steps.

Step 1: Run DISM & SFC scan

We would also suggest you to run the DISM & SFC Scan tool to check if you are able to launch MS Paint, refer this article:
    System File Checker.

Step 2: Reinstall Microsoft Paint app.

1. Press Windows + I key to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Apps and select
      Apps & features
      from left pane.
    3. Click on Optional features and select
      Microsoft Paint from the list.
    4. Click on Uninstall. Close
      Settings
      and restart the PC.
    5. Now perform step 1 and 2.
    6. Click on Optional features and click
      Add a feature.
    7. Check the box beside Microsoft Paint and click on
      Install.

Let us know the results. If the issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Aug 29, 2022
  3. MS Paint

Hi Tawm,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

Method: 1

I suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Press windows key on the keyboard.
    • Type “Paint” & select the paint icon & hit enter.

Method: 2

• Press windows + R.
    • Type “MSpaint” hit enter.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Aug 29, 2022
  4. Ctrl+E bug in Ms. Paint

ms Paint

Hi,

There are several ways to remove MS Paint. Let's try deleting the app from its file location. Follow the steps below:

• Type mspaint.exe in the search bar.
    • Right-click on mspaint.exe, and select Open file location.
    • Press Delete on your keyboard.
    • Follow the next instructions to remove the program.
    Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Martin Bar, Aug 29, 2022
Thema:

Ctrl+E bug in Ms. Paint

1. Ctrl+E bug in Ms. Paint - Similar Threads - Ctrl+E bug Paint

2. Pencil tool bugs out in MS Paint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pencil tool bugs out in MS Paint: So whenever I try using the pencil tool, it just doesn't draw the line where I want it to. The line isn't drawn where I place it down, and it later goes there if I keep drawing. Its impossible to click and expect a dot to show up either. Undoing it doesn't do anything either....
  3. Pencil tool bugs out in MS Paint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pencil tool bugs out in MS Paint: So whenever I try using the pencil tool, it just doesn't draw the line where I want it to. The line isn't drawn where I place it down, and it later goes there if I keep drawing. Its impossible to click and expect a dot to show up either. Undoing it doesn't do anything either....
  4. Ms paint vertical flip bug on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ms paint vertical flip bug on Windows 11: When I was trying to do a vertical flip with small image I encountered a very strange bug, instead of flipping the image vertically the lower half of the image was copied and mirrored on the top half. Furthermore, after some testing I discovered that this was only happening...
  5. Problem with CTRL+E in PAINT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with CTRL+E in PAINT: Hello, there is no way I can "SELECT ALL" in PAINT using the keyboard, when I press CTRL+E it shows me the properties of the image and when I press CTRL+A it opens the folders, also CTRL+E appears 2 times See attached image. I have Windows 11 Home Single Language V 21H2...
  6. Problem with CTRL+E in PAINT

Problem with CTRL+E in PAINT: Hello, there is no way I can "SELECT ALL" in PAINT using the keyboard, when I press CTRL+E it shows me the properties of the image and when I press CTRL+A it opens the folders, also CTRL+E appears 2 times See attached image. I have Windows 11 Home Single Language V 21H2...
  7. Ctrl+E bug in Ms. Paint

Ctrl+E bug in Ms. Paint: I'm trying to use the Keyboard shortcut to select all, but image prperties are shown instead.Both functions are assigned for the same "Ctrl+E" as shown on the screenshots attached here.I'm running spanish version of Windows 11 Home...
  8. Bugs in paint

Bugs in paint: Hello Sir/Ma'ami am facing one issue in ms paint. first in creating image and after that i resize the image so that time resized image zoom one different color are show there. please review image from i attached.1 step one draw simple rectangle.1500 X 645 PX2 Resize image...
  9. Ctrl + and Ctrl - not working in MS Paint

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ctrl + and Ctrl - not working in MS Paint: I have an HP laptop and for some reason, I can't increase or decrease the size of the paintbrush or pencil or anything using ctrl + or ctrl - . NOt really sure what the issue is or how to fix, would appreciate feedback. submitted by /u/warm_tapwater [link] [comments]...
  10. Bug in MS Paint

Bug in MS Paint: MS Paint doesn't show any text, I don't know if this is a bug, but I would like to ask how to resolve this. I already have tried to close and reopen the app, but it doesn't change anything. There are some screenshots:[ATTACH][ATTACH] [ATTACH]...