Windows 10: CTRL+F Change highlight color

Discus and support CTRL+F Change highlight color in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Pressing CTRL+F brings up the search box. When I type a term in the search box, select "Highlight All" and press the up or down arrows, the found text... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by garywrayc, Apr 19, 2020.

1. garywrayc Win User

CTRL+F Change highlight color

Pressing CTRL+F brings up the search box. When I type a term in the search box, select "Highlight All" and press the up or down arrows, the found text is highlighted in blue, which is very hard to see. Is there any way to change the highlight color?

:)

garywrayc, Apr 19, 2020

2. How to change the highlight color properly / permanently?

Hi folks.

I'm trying to change the highlight color Win10 is using to highlight text and other objects.

As far as I could figure it out, the default value is (r0 g120 b215), the "standard Win10 blue", which is stored in the registry here:

• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors\Hilight

Editing this key can be done manually or by using third party tools (e.g. "Classic Color Panel" from WinTools), changes take effect after restarting the Windows explorer - so far so good.

Now comes the strange part: The old/default color comes back after a user is logged off and on again, or after the system was hibernated. After rebooting the modified color is there again.

This problem occurs/occurred so far in all version (build 1507 to 1709) and editions (home and pro).

Any suggestions how to change the highlight color properly (and permanently)?

Greets,

Alucard

Alucard van Blood, Apr 19, 2020
  3. GSquadron Win User
    How to change Windows 7 highlight color

I was wondering if there is a way to change windows 7 highlight color

GSquadron, Apr 19, 2020
  4. DRDNA Win User

DRDNA, Apr 19, 2020
Thema:

1. CTRL+F Change highlight color - Similar Threads - CTRL+F Change highlight

2. Change the highlight color for active icons in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change the highlight color for active icons in the taskbar: This is the icon highlight color for an app on Windows 10, vs Windows 11:The entire point of this feature is for apps to flash when they want to get the user's attention from their peripheral vision, and I rely on this functionality heavily so I don't miss important things...
  3. Change the highlight color for active icons in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change the highlight color for active icons in the taskbar: This is the icon highlight color for an app on Windows 10, vs Windows 11:The entire point of this feature is for apps to flash when they want to get the user's attention from their peripheral vision, and I rely on this functionality heavily so I don't miss important things...
  4. Permanently change highlight color in registry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permanently change highlight color in registry: I have changed the highlight color in registry Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors under "Hilight" to be deep blue 0 0 128, after restarting the computer the changes are effective, but for some reason after some time the changes are simply reverted to a lighter...
  5. Permanently change highlight color in registry

in Windows 10 Customization
    Permanently change highlight color in registry: I have changed the highlight color in registry Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors under "Hilight" to be deep blue 0 0 128, after restarting the computer the changes are effective, but for some reason after some time the changes are simply reverted to a lighter...
  6. Permanently change highlight color in registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Highlight color changed everywhere after update

Highlight color changed everywhere after update: After the latest Windows Update the color scheme for the highlight has changed.Other color settings may have changed as well, but the highlight color is the most obvious because it has become TOTALLY ILLEGIBLE!It seems all apps are affected but at least Excel, Outlook and...
  8. Color of highlighted cursor

Color of highlighted cursor: How to change color of highlighted cursor row in the "File Explorer"? The default colors are not very visible to me. I need a yellow background and a black text. See picture below... [ATTACH]...
  9. How to change the Highlight color automatically

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change the Highlight color automatically: When I personalize my computer I always make the color change automatically. I find it disturbing when I highlight something, it's just the classic (eww) blue. DISCLAIMER: I DON'T ACTUALLY HATE BLUE. PLEASE DON'T HATE ME submitted by /u/KGFortyFive [link] [comments]...
  10. Change Highlighted Text Color in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Highlighted Text Color in Windows 10: How to: Change Highlighted Text Color in Windows 10 How to Change Highlighted Text Color in Windows 10 When you highlight text in classic Win32 system windows and dialogs in Windows 10, the text color will be white by default. This tutorial will show you how to...