Windows 10: CTRL+F doesn't work

Discus and support CTRL+F doesn't work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I don't know why but CTRL+F stopped working completely for me on all applications. I've tried things like uninstalling the keyboard driver and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Novatus Bird, Oct 5, 2019.

1. CTRL+F doesn't work

I don't know why but CTRL+F stopped working completely for me on all applications. I've tried things like uninstalling the keyboard driver and reinstalling it, and all the keys definitely work individually (for example I can use CTRL+SHIFT+F just fine for some applications that allow that), no other shortcuts seem to be affected, just CTRL+F. I've also tried an SFC scan and nothing changed. I've also tried to just make a macro to press CTRL+F using my mouse/keyboard software but both don't work, so it seems there is a problem with the shortcut itself.

Ideally, I'd prefer not having to reinstall to fix it. So if anyone knows how to fix this I'd really appreciate it.

I am using Windows Ver 1903 running the latest update. I think this issue may have arisen when I updated from 1809 to 1903, but I'm not exactly sure and I updated a few months ago.

:)

Novatus Bird, Oct 5, 2019
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

CTRL+F doesn't work [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Oct 5, 2019
  3. Double Tap doesn`t work on Lumia 620

Hello,

Double Tap to wake doesn`t work at my Lumia 620. I have all on in settings but still doesn`t work. I`m pretty sure that in update AMBER or BLACK this function works properly. But after DENIM update doesn`t. Maybe you are planning some update for this future
    ?

Thanks

Mariusz

MariuszBluma, Oct 5, 2019
  4. Bushka Win User

CTRL+F doesn't work

Microphone doesn`t work

My microphone and ear-phone doesn`t work. Please help me, I have windows 7 home basic, my computer reproduces a sound, but devices no.

Bushka, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

CTRL+F doesn't work

1. CTRL+F doesn't work - Similar Threads - CTRL+F doesn't

2. My CTRL I italics shortcut is not working randomly. Everything else works fine. Tried...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My CTRL I italics shortcut is not working randomly. Everything else works fine. Tried...: Hello. A couple of weeks ago, my ctrl i shortcut randomly stopped working. I tried restarting, uninstalling and reinstalling keyboard drivers, updating keyboard drivers, checked for optional windows updates, and plugging in a different keyboard still doesnt work, and nothing...
  3. My CTRL I italics shortcut is not working randomly. Everything else works fine. Tried...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My CTRL I italics shortcut is not working randomly. Everything else works fine. Tried...: Hello. A couple of weeks ago, my ctrl i shortcut randomly stopped working. I tried restarting, uninstalling and reinstalling keyboard drivers, updating keyboard drivers, checked for optional windows updates, and plugging in a different keyboard still doesnt work, and nothing...
  4. Both Ctrl Buttons Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Both Ctrl Buttons Not Working: Yesterday morning on the train it was fine, but in the evening when I got back to the dorm both ctrl keys were not working. I did a test on the keyboard test sites on Google but it doesn't recognize the key. If it was only one of them, I would have thought it was a hardware...
  5. Ctrl+v not working in MS WhiteBoard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl+v not working in MS WhiteBoard: That's it, CTRL+V is not working in MS Whiteboard.So I can't put images to work with in my boards, or anything else.I tried to follow these instructions, not...
  6. Ctrl+v not working in MS WhiteBoard

Ctrl+v not working in MS WhiteBoard: That's it, CTRL+V is not working in MS Whiteboard.So I can't put images to work with in my boards, or anything else.I tried to follow these instructions, not...
  7. Why are my Ctrl, Windows button, and Alt keys not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are my Ctrl, Windows button, and Alt keys not working?: Every other key works except for those mentioned in the question above. Has anyone else experienced this issue and how do I solve it? My keyboard is perfectly fine since I tried switching with another and the keys didn't work there either....
  8. Why are my Ctrl, Windows button, and Alt keys not working?

Why are my Ctrl, Windows button, and Alt keys not working?: Every other key works except for those mentioned in the question above. Has anyone else experienced this issue and how do I solve it? My keyboard is perfectly fine since I tried switching with another and the keys didn't work there either....
  9. Dsabled ctrl alt delete and use username and password on lock screen when I installed a...

Dsabled ctrl alt delete and use username and password on lock screen when I installed a...: I installed a security script off of github and upon locking the screen or sleeping, it now requires me to press ctrl alt delete to wake up the screen. I tried removing it by looking up online sources and disabling the "require username and password to login" as well as...
  10. 'D' and 'F' key-input doesn't work whilst pressing Left CTRL or ALT.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    'D' and 'F' key-input doesn't work whilst pressing Left CTRL or ALT.: Hey, I first noticed this issue a week ago when my keybind in World of Warcraft stopped working, which is ALT+F, later when playing Counter Strike, I realized that I could not crouch and walk right at the same time, CTRL+D. I've yet to discover any more combinations that...