Windows 10: Ctrl + F Key COMBINATION on left side of keyboard isn't working but it is on the right.

Discus and support Ctrl + F Key COMBINATION on left side of keyboard isn't working but it is on the right. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ctrl + A works on the left Ctrl + A works on the right Ctrl + F works on the right Ctrl + F is broken on the left WHY? I have no idea why this is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JoViviano, Aug 22, 2020.

1. JoViviano Win User

Ctrl + F Key COMBINATION on left side of keyboard isn't working but it is on the right.

Ctrl + A works on the left

Ctrl + A works on the right

Ctrl + F works on the right

Ctrl + F is broken on the left

WHY? I have no idea why this is a problem, but it is. I uninstalled the device drivers for the keyboard, and the problem still persists.

:)

JoViviano, Aug 22, 2020
  2. AiruSun Win User

Left ctrl -c v f a h x, none is working for the left ctrl key, but totally working for the right ctrl key

Left ctrl -c v f a h x, none is working for the left ctrl key, but totally working for the right ctrl key. It's not a hardware

problem, because ctrl + mouse scroll works for zooming out/in webpages. Used a second new keyboard, same thing.

Tried the uninstalling keyboard drivers, didn't work. Please help! Thanks!

AiruSun, Aug 22, 2020
  3. yogeshp1 Win User
    Keyboard Issues, LEFT SHIFT + LEFT CTRL + L/R ARROW doesn't work on travelmate P645-S windows10

Recently i am facing issues with my laptop. Key combinations doesn't work especially with SHIFT.

List of combinations (Not working) :

LEFT SHIFT + LEFT CTRL + LEFT ARROW

LEFT SHIFT + LEFT CTRL + RIGHT ARROW

LEFT SHIFT + LEFT CTRL + UP ARROW

LEFT SHIFT + LEFT CTRL + DOWN ARROW

RIGHT SHIFT + RIGHT CTRL + RIGHT ARROW

List of combinations (Working) :

RIGHT SHIFT + RIGHT CTRL + RIGHT ARROW

CTRL + C, CTRL + V, CTRL + X

Other than above 'working' combinations no other combination works with CTRL and SHIFT

Please let me know why this issue is occurring!

Is this a hardware issue/ software issue?

i have updated keyboard drivers, also uninstalled and restarted laptop & let drivers install automatically.

Also i have checked if laptop's keyboard is loose or anything... everything is fine on that side.

P.S.

Recently i have upgraded my 4+4 GB RAM to 4+8 GB RAM

this RAM is DDR3 and may not be original Ctrl + F Key COMBINATION on left side of keyboard isn't working but it is on the right. :p

yogeshp1, Aug 22, 2020
  4. thadamm Win User

Ctrl + F Key COMBINATION on left side of keyboard isn't working but it is on the right.

Keyboard - ctrl keys stop working (until reset via key combinations)

Greetings,

I have been experiencing issues with my laptop keyboard's keys - both the left and the right "ctrl" keys. They are not responsive, and needlessly to say it is making the work on the laptop without an external keyboard quite difficult.

The ctrl keys on an external keyboard (as well as the on-screen one) work just fine.

The only solutions I have found that yield some success is to either:

1. Pressing both ctrl keys simultaneously for 10 seconds

2. Pressing Alt + Fn + Ctrl

but those solutions work for a very short time, and then the ctrl keys are dead again.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

thadamm, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Ctrl + F Key COMBINATION on left side of keyboard isn't working but it is on the right. - Similar Threads - Ctrl Key COMBINATION

2. Left ctrl key combined with windows keybind.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left ctrl key combined with windows keybind.: Ever since I got a new keyboard, my left ctrl was mixed with windows, I had to hold shift if I ever had to use it, and its been annoying for quite a while. I've tried almost every solution like plugging the keyboard out then back in, troubleshooting, deleting keyboard...
  3. Left ctrl key combined with windows keybind.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left ctrl key combined with windows keybind.: Ever since I got a new keyboard, my left ctrl was mixed with windows, I had to hold shift if I ever had to use it, and its been annoying for quite a while. I've tried almost every solution like plugging the keyboard out then back in, troubleshooting, deleting keyboard...
  4. Left ctrl key combined with windows keybind.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. left shift+ right arrow, and left ctrl + right arrow combination not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    left shift+ right arrow, and left ctrl + right arrow combination not working: I am using windows 11 on asus vivobook s15 s530although RIGHT ctrl/shift + left/right arrow combinations are working as expected when selecting or moving cursor word by word in word 16 or visual studio code. But LEFT CTRL/SHIFT + RIGHT ARROW combination NOT WORKING.I tried...
  6. left shift+ right arrow, and left ctrl + right arrow combination not working

left shift+ right arrow, and left ctrl + right arrow combination not working: I am using windows 11 on asus vivobook s15 s530although RIGHT ctrl/shift + left/right arrow combinations are working as expected when selecting or moving cursor word by word in word 16 or visual studio code. But LEFT CTRL/SHIFT + RIGHT ARROW combination NOT WORKING.I tried...
  7. Both Left and Right CTRL keys are not working on my laptop keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Both Left and Right CTRL keys are not working on my laptop keyboard: Laptop was just open, left CTRL key was not working, despite that everything was fine a couple hours before.Tried to restart the laptop, to update the keyboard drivers.CTRL key is working on the Ease-Of-Use desktop keyboard - after I saw that, I also tried to use the right...
  8. Both Left and Right CTRL keys are not working on my laptop keyboard

Both Left and Right CTRL keys are not working on my laptop keyboard: Laptop was just open, left CTRL key was not working, despite that everything was fine a couple hours before.Tried to restart the laptop, to update the keyboard drivers.CTRL key is working on the Ease-Of-Use desktop keyboard - after I saw that, I also tried to use the right...
  9. Keyboard combination Ctrl+C and Ctrl+A not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard combination Ctrl+C and Ctrl+A not working: Right before somewhere last 2 week the combination of mentioned in title are still working fine. Ctrl+C and Ctrl+A isn't working anymore, maybe caused by updates somewhere between that time. I sought solution online Troubleshooting, driver keyboard reinstall, CMD property...
  10. CTRL + F Combination not working in any application

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CTRL + F Combination not working in any application: Hi Community, I encounter a problem with one of our systems: CTRL + F Combination not working in any application I have checked the following: 1. Windows Updates 2. Use another Keyboard 3. Try other combinations. ctrl + a etc, Those are working I have searched...