Windows 10: CTRL, FN, and On Keyboard volume keyes not working.

Discus and support CTRL, FN, and On Keyboard volume keyes not working. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My on keyboard volume keys are F1-F3. Generally to activate F1-F3 I need to press Fn, and otherwise, it works as volume. How did these get switched and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by QueenOlivia, May 12, 2019.

1. CTRL, FN, and On Keyboard volume keyes not working.

My on keyboard volume keys are F1-F3. Generally to activate F1-F3 I need to press Fn, and otherwise, it works as volume. How did these get switched and how do I fix and prevent this in the future. Another thing is, the CTRL button isn't working. I can use it to copy and paste, but It doesn't always do it right away and then If I play certain games that require CTRL to run, the character still moves as if I weren't clicking it.

:)

QueenOlivia, May 12, 2019

2. Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, May 12, 2019
  3. AndreTen Win User
    keyboard hotkeys with ctrl partially working

Do other combos work? like Ctrl+5, 6 etc? Some laptops can have Ctrl and Fn reversed or Fn sticks...

AndreTen, May 12, 2019
  4. AmeliaELA Win User

CTRL, FN, and On Keyboard volume keyes not working.

CTRL SHIFT ALT fn esc keys don't work

So for a while now my CTRL SHIFT ALT fn esc keys have not been working and i have no idea why.

I've looked for solutions on a lot of different forums but all the suggestions are the same.

I don't have sticky keys, the keyboard drivers are up to date and I only have one language and region set up.

I have tried everything but I have no idea why it doesn't work. I've been using the on screen keyboard because of this.

I have an HP Elitebook 6930p.

AmeliaELA, May 12, 2019
Thema:

CTRL, FN, and On Keyboard volume keyes not working.

1. CTRL, FN, and On Keyboard volume keyes not working. - Similar Threads - CTRL Keyboard volume

2. CTRL, FN & ALT Keys not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CTRL, FN & ALT Keys not working: My ctrl, alt and fn keys suddenly stop working. I installed all windows updates, i factory reset the pc, i reinstalled the keyboard driver, i ran this commands in command prompt as administrator;REG DELETE "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout" /V "ScanCode...
  3. CTRL, FN & ALT Keys not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CTRL, FN & ALT Keys not working: My ctrl, alt and fn keys suddenly stop working. I installed all windows updates, i factory reset the pc, i reinstalled the keyboard driver, i ran this commands in command prompt as administrator;REG DELETE "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout" /V "ScanCode...
  4. CTRL, FN & ALT Keys not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windoss 11 keyboard fn key not working ?

windoss 11 keyboard fn key not working ?: windoss 11 keyboard fn key not working ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windoss-11-keyboard-fn-key-not-working/ab778433-de2c-4713-8a2a-a4fc8b268416
  6. Deactivate FN & CTRL on Touch Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deactivate FN & CTRL on Touch Keyboard: Is there a solution to disable the fn and ctrl on the touch keyboard in order only to have the letters and numbers for the touch keyboard?Thank you very much in advance!...
  7. Deactivate FN & CTRL on Touch Keyboard

Deactivate FN & CTRL on Touch Keyboard: Is there a solution to disable the fn and ctrl on the touch keyboard in order only to have the letters and numbers for the touch keyboard?Thank you very much in advance!...
  8. Keyboard volume keys not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard volume keys not working: The usb keyboard volume controls mute, volume controls, skip, etc for my windows 11 desktop have not been working since I got it. I did a bit of research and tried moving the port, updating the drivers, and turning HIDS to automatic. None of those worked and I'm out of ideas....
  9. Keyboard volume keys not working

Keyboard volume keys not working: The usb keyboard volume controls mute, volume controls, skip, etc for my windows 11 desktop have not been working since I got it. I did a bit of research and tried moving the port, updating the drivers, and turning HIDS to automatic. None of those worked and I'm out of ideas....
  10. Keyboard stopped working help!!! the FN keys work, same with volumes and the armoury crate...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard stopped working help!!! the FN keys work, same with volumes and the armoury crate...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/PenguinIsAMegan [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fztmo3/keyboard_stopped_working_help_the_fn_keys_work/

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ctrl volume

2. fn volume and no fn volume