Windows 10: CTRL key is locked

Discus and support CTRL key is locked in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My control key is locked: in the on screen keyboard, ctrl is always pressed.I have tried:-Checking if sticky keys or any options similar are enabled,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SawringMC, Oct 17, 2021.

1. SawringMC Win User

CTRL key is locked

My control key is locked: in the on screen keyboard, ctrl is always pressed.I have tried:-Checking if sticky keys or any options similar are enabled, no they are not.-Running windows in safe mode, same problem.-Holding ctrl-shift for 15 seconds, it fixed the problem for like 30 minutes but then it started again and it does not work anymore-Switching keyboards-Unplugging all peripherals and every peripheral one at a time.-Please help

:)

SawringMC, Oct 17, 2021
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Both CTRL keys not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

• Do you get any error message?
    • Did you make any changes in your computer prior to this issue?

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

Method 1: To check if Ctrl keys work in Onscreen keyboard.

• Press Windows Key + R and type osk and hit Enter.
    Try using Ctrl keys and check if that helps.

if you still face the issue, try Method 2.

Method 2: Run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with the Bluetooth adapter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

• Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Oct 18, 2021
  3. Zaki_j Win User
    Ctrl+arrow keys not functioning anymore

Hello Wout,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that ctrl + arrow keys are not functioning.
    We appreciate your efforts in troubleshooting the issue and providing us the detailed information about the issue.

I suggest you
    Turn off Scroll Lock
    and check if that resolves the issue.

To disable scroll lock, press the Scroll Lock key (often labeled as ScrLk) on your keyboard. If your computer does not have a Scroll Lock key, do one of the following:

1. If your keyboard does not have a Scroll Lock key, on your computer, click Start
      > Settings > Ease of Access > Keyboard.
    2. Click the On Screen Keyboard button to turn it on.
    3. When the on-screen keyboard appears on your screen, click the ScrLk button.

If you still have issues with Office, I suggest you post your query in
    Microsoft office forums.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Zaki

Zaki_j, Oct 18, 2021
  4. P4-630 Win User

CTRL key is locked

Ctrl key on German QWERTZ keyboard?

Just tried the STRG key and yes thats the Ctrl key! *Stick Out Tongue CTRL key is locked :p
    Did not try that before since I was not familiar with these keys.

Thanks!

P4-630, Oct 18, 2021
Thema:

CTRL key is locked

1. CTRL key is locked - Similar Threads - CTRL key locked

2. left CTRL locked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    left CTRL locked: Hello, Because the left CTRL is locked, I'm having difficulty using it. I tried enabling sticky keys and holding the right CTRL for a few seconds, but it only unlocks the left CTRL once, and I have to repeat the process each time. This problem is bothering me while gaming...
  3. left CTRL locked

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    left CTRL locked: Hello, Because the left CTRL is locked, I'm having difficulty using it. I tried enabling sticky keys and holding the right CTRL for a few seconds, but it only unlocks the left CTRL once, and I have to repeat the process each time. This problem is bothering me while gaming...
  4. CTRL key locking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CTRL key locking: After updating Windows a few days ago I've been having an issue with the CTRL being locked without pressing it. I've opened the on screen keyboard and see that the key is lit but there's no way to undo it. It happens randomly and I have no way to fix it other than to reboot....
  5. CTRL key locking

CTRL key locking: After updating Windows a few days ago I've been having an issue with the CTRL being locked without pressing it. I've opened the on screen keyboard and see that the key is lit but there's no way to undo it. It happens randomly and I have no way to fix it other than to reboot....
  6. CTRL key locking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. CTRL key is locked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CTRL key is locked: My control key is locked: in the on screen keyboard, ctrl is always pressed.I have tried:-Checking if sticky keys or any options similar are enabled, no they are not.-Running windows in safe mode, same problem.-Holding ctrl-shift for 15 seconds, it fixed the problem for like...
  8. CTRL key is locked

CTRL key is locked: My control key is locked: in the on screen keyboard, ctrl is always pressed.I have tried:-Checking if sticky keys or any options similar are enabled, no they are not.-Running windows in safe mode, same problem.-Holding ctrl-shift for 15 seconds, it fixed the problem for like...
  9. CAPS LOCK key remapped to Ctrl key

in Windows 10 Customization
    CAPS LOCK key remapped to Ctrl key: hey there, i accidentally remapped caps to ctrl key with 3rd party software and i cant turn it back for quite some time. When i type caps it tells me i press ctrl or LShift key. Any help will be much appreciated...
  10. Ctrl keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ctrl keys: Hey both Ctrl keys aren't working on my keyboard!! I installed a new windows and after that they haven't worked yet!! please HELP!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/ctrl-keys/8b095cfc-193d-4d00-b455-89b7d493d36d