Windows 10: Ctrl key keeps being pressed

Discus and support Ctrl key keeps being pressed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have this issue since few days ago, but now has become much more severe. Basically after i log on to window the ctrl keys are presssed, as indicated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nathan1234567890, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Ctrl key keeps being pressed

I have this issue since few days ago, but now has become much more severe. Basically after i log on to window the ctrl keys are presssed, as indicated by the on screen keyboard as shown in the attached picture.

Ctrl key keeps being pressed [​IMG]

i tried unplugging the keyboard and using another one though both are believed to be working absolutely normal, and nothing changed. obviously not because of the keyboard. just window keeps registering these keys for no reason. these are not the only keys. other keys include C and V.

i saw a lot of posts about this and surprisingly and disappointingly there is no common solution to this big issue.

:)

nathan1234567890, Mar 14, 2020
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Both CTRL keys not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

• Do you get any error message?
    • Did you make any changes in your computer prior to this issue?

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

Method 1: To check if Ctrl keys work in Onscreen keyboard.

• Press Windows Key + R and type osk and hit Enter.
    Try using Ctrl keys and check if that helps.

if you still face the issue, try Method 2.

Method 2: Run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with the Bluetooth adapter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

• Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Mar 14, 2020
  3. My pc is automatically pressing CTRL key...

After i run step 1, my CTRL pressed for 1 min(Auto)... Then i close that and test step 2, that says you don't have any problem!

After step 3 i do not have any problem but after 5 min working with pc,my problem comes back!!!!!(I do step 4 too...)

Note: my CTRL is not pressing... It is spamming so so fastttttt!!

MR.Ali.Haashemi, Mar 14, 2020
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Ctrl key keeps being pressed

ctrl alt del to logon

Hi Diane,

Conflicts with the user account settings is one of the possible reasons why the secure sign-in option is enabled on your computer even if the box in the settings is not checked. I would suggest that you enable and disable the
    Require users to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete. You can follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + R.
    • Type control userpasswords2 or netplwiz and press the Enter key.
    • Click the Advanced tab.
    • Under Secure sign-in, check the Require users to press Ctrl + Alt + Delete checkbox.
    • Click Apply.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Open the same settings again and uncheck the Require users to press Ctrl + Alt + Delete checkbox and follow the
      steps 5 and 6.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

Ctrl key keeps being pressed

1. Ctrl key keeps being pressed - Similar Threads - Ctrl key keeps

2. Ctrl key being held continuously

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ctrl key being held continuously: Ctrl key on my key board is held continuously and if I press ctrl key once it is unlocking for 2 sec and getting into locked position again. I'm unable to work with that turned off sticky keys, toggle keys etc and cleaned my ctrl key slot....
  3. PC press "Ctrl +" or "ctrl wheelup" keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC press "Ctrl +" or "ctrl wheelup" keys: Couple weeks ago my PC started pressing these keys randomly and nothing helped, i will try reinstall windows from 11 to 10 and if problem won't disappear i will have no clues what's wrong with it....
  4. PC press "Ctrl +" or "ctrl wheelup" keys

PC press "Ctrl +" or "ctrl wheelup" keys: Couple weeks ago my PC started pressing these keys randomly and nothing helped, i will try reinstall windows from 11 to 10 and if problem won't disappear i will have no clues what's wrong with it....
  5. ctrl and alt key keeps pressing on its own

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ctrl and alt key keeps pressing on its own: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Sumeru_the [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/vwbu21/ctrl_and_alt_key_keeps_pressing_on_its_own/
  6. CTRL Key Acting Like its being repeatedly pressed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CTRL Key Acting Like its being repeatedly pressed.: I have a windows 10 laptop, and a yesterday, my control key started randomly repeating when i held it down.I tried Windows + Space, and i have filter keys off.I have had this computer for 4 years now and i cannot fix it.There are NO crumbs under the keys, ive blown out and...
  7. CTRL Key Acting Like its being repeatedly pressed.

CTRL Key Acting Like its being repeatedly pressed.: I have a windows 10 laptop, and a yesterday, my control key started randomly repeating when i held it down.I tried Windows + Space, and i have filter keys off.I have had this computer for 4 years now and i cannot fix it.There are NO crumbs under the keys, ive blown out and...
  8. Ctrl Key acting as if it is pressed??

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ctrl Key acting as if it is pressed??: I'm using surface pro 5th generation with Windows 10. Recently, it is acting as if Ctrl key is pressed while it is not. Please assist. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ctrl-key-acting-as-if-it-is-pressed/c0665232-f51b-421d-9e22-71bc6dcc5535
  9. CTRL Key being triggered without the physical key being pressed

CTRL Key being triggered without the physical key being pressed: Randomly my computer will act like my CTRL button is being held down and unless I press CTRL and ESC it doesnt FIX itself sometimes this doesn't work and I have to reboot. I have tried swapping keyboards and I have all the USELESS STICKY KEY functions disable for good reason....
  10. CTRL buttons on laptop keyboard being pressed?

CTRL buttons on laptop keyboard being pressed?: I'm not sure when this problem began but although I'm not touching my laptop keyboard, both of my ctrl buttons are seen as being pressed. I've tried troubleshooting, resetting the keyboard, and even following other advice on here but the problem still continues. I really need...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 thinks ctrl key is pressed

2. my computer thinks the ctrl key is being pressed windows 10

3. computer keep pressing control