Windows 10: ctrl key not working properly

Discus and support ctrl key not working properly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; hi guys so the problem is everytime when I press my ctrl key it does weird things like writing numbers and symbols to opening microsoft edge to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mino1337, Feb 20, 2019.

1. mino1337 Win User

ctrl key not working properly

hi guys

so the problem is everytime when I press my ctrl key it does weird things like writing numbers and symbols to opening microsoft edge to toggling zoom when I'm on desktop and that's when I only press the ctrl key.

can you please help me solve this problem? thank you

:)

mino1337, Feb 20, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Both CTRL keys not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

• Do you get any error message?
    • Did you make any changes in your computer prior to this issue?

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

Method 1: To check if Ctrl keys work in Onscreen keyboard.

• Press Windows Key + R and type osk and hit Enter.
    Try using Ctrl keys and check if that helps.

if you still face the issue, try Method 2.

Method 2: Run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with the Bluetooth adapter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

• Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Feb 20, 2019
  3. CTRL Keys not working.

I tried all the above methods, but still it is not working. I noticed that the onscreen keyboard is working with the CTRL and also I tried connecting an external keyboard. That worked too. I don't understand how both the CTRL stopped working suddenly as
    I don't even use the right CTRL much.

ManthanGupta, Feb 20, 2019
  4. ctrl key not working properly

Both Ctrl keys not working

Hello,

If you're also experiencing the same, have you also tried using external keyboards and see if it makes any difference? Have you also checked if the CTRL keys work on onscreen keyboard? If you still haven't, just press
    Windows Key + R and type osk and hit Enter. By the way, when you say you've already "tried the troubleshooting", do you mean
    Hardware and Device Troubleshooter? If not, you can follow the steps below:

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with the Bluetooth adapter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

• Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.

We're looking forward to your response.

Michelle Vil, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

ctrl key not working properly

1. ctrl key not working properly - Similar Threads - ctrl key working

2. Ctrl+Z not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl+Z not working properly: In excel, when I press ctrl+z, instead of undo it will go to the top of the page and delete a random cell. At this point there is no restoring what it just did. The undo and redo buttons are grayed out. This happens no matter which file I have open. If I manually press the...
  3. Ctrl+Z not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ctrl+Z not working properly: In excel, when I press ctrl+z, instead of undo it will go to the top of the page and delete a random cell. At this point there is no restoring what it just did. The undo and redo buttons are grayed out. This happens no matter which file I have open. If I manually press the...
  4. CTRL Keys not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CTRL Keys not working properly: Good day! I am currently using a LENOVO Ideapad Gaming 3 Laptop with Windows 10 installed. Around a week ago both of my CTRL keys stopped working properly. Steps that I have taken: 1. CTRL keys work properly on the On-Screen Keyboard, but it is far too inefficient to use...
  5. CTRL Keys not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CTRL Keys not working properly: Good day! I am currently using a LENOVO Ideapad Gaming 3 Laptop with Windows 10 installed. Around a week ago both of my CTRL keys stopped working properly. Steps that I have taken: 1. CTRL keys work properly on the On-Screen Keyboard, but it is far too inefficient to use...
  6. CTRL Keys not working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Ctrl + Left/Right Arrow key not working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ctrl + Left/Right Arrow key not working properly: Ctrl key and left and right arrow keys are not working in windows in whole sysytem, not only in ms office. In order to move from the begining of a word to to end of a word normally by pressing ctrl key first and then pressing right arrow key I have to press ctrl key 1st and...
  8. My left ctrl key is not working properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My left ctrl key is not working properly: I have a problem that has been following me from laptop to laptop. My left ctrl key stops working while I'm holding it and selecting a text or several files. Using the on-screen keyboard I can see this happening as I select files but if I don't select anything there's no...
  9. Left CTRL key not working properly

in Windows 10 Support
    Left CTRL key not working properly: Ever since I left the insiders build of windows (because I got sick of bugs and constant updates) and completely reinstalled windows to the latest stable version, the left control key won't work 100% of the time. The right one works just fine, and I've seen multiple threads...
  10. my ctrl and shift keys dont work properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    my ctrl and shift keys dont work properly: hello, so when i press shift or ctrl both of the keys are being pressed for some reason i dont know why, its been bugging me almost for about a month i would really appreciate help ps. its not sticky keys, those are off...