Windows 10: CTRL Keyboard Shortcuts not working

Discus and support CTRL Keyboard Shortcuts not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have recently discovered that whenever I try to use keyboard shortcuts (i.e. ctrl + C, ctrl + Z, etc.) with my LEFT control key, nothing happens.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ineedhelpwithkeys, Jan 17, 2019.

1. CTRL Keyboard Shortcuts not working

I have recently discovered that whenever I try to use keyboard shortcuts (i.e. ctrl + C, ctrl + Z, etc.) with my LEFT control key, nothing happens. Instead, it will just type the letter I tried to use in the shortcut. So if I try to copy, it will enter a C. This is only happening on my left ctrl key; the right ctrl still works fine. I do not think this is a program related since it is happening on all programs, excel, word, Chrome, notepad, everything. I know it's not the keyboard itself because if I hit ctrl + up arrow while moving through excel, it will still take me to the edge of the data being looked at.

I have already tried restarting my system, uninstalling all keyboard drivers and reinstalling, corrected the preferred languages, and toggled on/off the function key. Does anyone have any other ideas on how to fix this? I would like to avoid going into the BIOS if possible.

:)

Ineedhelpwithkeys, Jan 17, 2019

2. Keyboard shortcuts (Ctrl+C & Ctrl+V) doesn't work

*Original Title: keyboard shortcuts

I just want to know how I can get Ctrl-c and Ctrl-v to work again.

Currently if I have multiple tabs in Edge, pressing Ctrl just switches to the next app.

I just want to know how I can get Ctrl-c and Ctrl-v to work again.

matt_001_001, Jan 17, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jan 17, 2019
  4. CTRL Keyboard Shortcuts not working

CTRL+C/X/V Not working CTRL Keyboard Shortcuts not working :(

Hi, I hope someone can help me out.

A few days ago, some of my keyboard shortcuts stopped working for me. As far as I know, the only shortcuts that refuse to work with me are:

• ctrl + c
    • ctrl + x
    • ctrl + v
    • ctrl + z
    • ctrl + t (this one used to work until literally just now while I was testing it)
    I don't think that this is a hardware issue because (oddly enough), the following keyboard shortcuts DO work.

• ctrl + w
    • ctrl + n
    • ctrl + p
    • ctrl + d
    I have already uninstalled my keyboard drivers and restarted my computer several times.

This problem affects me across Firefox, Chrome, Line...

The only thing of note that happened to me before this started happening is that Firefox updated and kicked my old data into a folder on my desktop.

I desperately hope that someone can help me out; my googling so far has been fruitless.

I am using an HP ENVY 15 Laptop...

vectorsmash, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

CTRL Keyboard Shortcuts not working

1. CTRL Keyboard Shortcuts not working - Similar Threads - CTRL Keyboard Shortcuts

2. Ctrl D shortcut not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl D shortcut not working: Hello!Like a week ago Ctrl+D combination suddenly stopped working on my laptop Windows, Xiaomi RedmiBook pro 14s in my Google Sheets, then I noticed that the shortcut doesn't work either in Google Sheets, Miro, Google Meet, or Figma. Other shortcuts like Ctrl+A, Ctrl+; etc....
  3. Ctrl D shortcut not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ctrl D shortcut not working: Hello!Like a week ago Ctrl+D combination suddenly stopped working on my laptop Windows, Xiaomi RedmiBook pro 14s in my Google Sheets, then I noticed that the shortcut doesn't work either in Google Sheets, Miro, Google Meet, or Figma. Other shortcuts like Ctrl+A, Ctrl+; etc....
  4. Ctrl+Shift Shortcuts Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl+Shift Shortcuts Not Working: I have been having issues with my Ctrl+Shift keybinds for months now. I have been researching on every site I can find about this issue. I've tried changing Sticky Keys, I've tried changing Filter Keys, I've tried checking my keyboard settings, I've tried changing settings in...
  5. Ctrl+Shift Shortcuts Not Working

Ctrl+Shift Shortcuts Not Working: I have been having issues with my Ctrl+Shift keybinds for months now. I have been researching on every site I can find about this issue. I've tried changing Sticky Keys, I've tried changing Filter Keys, I've tried checking my keyboard settings, I've tried changing settings in...
  6. ctrl alt delete keyboard shortcut not working on welcome screen

ctrl alt delete keyboard shortcut not working on welcome screen: when I log in, the computer does not respond to pressing the ctrl alt delete combination, but the keyboard is working because I can make changes to the bios. I already disabled fast boot in BIOS, tried to use system restore at startup, but all this did not work. I installed a...
  7. Shortcut ctrl + v is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcut ctrl + v is not working: Hi, when I copy something and paste it, it pastes it twice. How can I solve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcut-ctrl-v-is-not-working/a8b37e04-64e7-480e-96d5-6f0e88c9948e
  8. Shortcut ctrl + v is not working

Shortcut ctrl + v is not working: Hi, when I copy something and paste it, it pastes it twice. How can I solve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcut-ctrl-v-is-not-working/a8b37e04-64e7-480e-96d5-6f0e88c9948e
  9. working of ctrl shortcut key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    working of ctrl shortcut key: I am a coder, I need to change same word at different places at a time until recently I used to select that words using mouse and ctrl key and change it simultaneously but my ctrl key stopped responding to that shortcut but it is working for other shortcuts what should I do?...
  10. Ctrl+1 keyboard shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ctrl+1 keyboard shortcut: Hello everyone! I have a simple question. Whenever I press the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+1, it zooms the screen in onto the mouse, and if I press it again it zooms back out. How do I disable this? I need to use the shortcut for a different purpose on a program, but I cant if...