Windows 10: Ctrl keys issue

Discus and support Ctrl keys issue in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I cannot open the next tab using Ctrl + PgUp/PgDn shortcuts. Please recommend a fix!!!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MTrappiel, Nov 28, 2018.

1. MTrappiel Win User

Ctrl keys issue

I cannot open the next tab using Ctrl + PgUp/PgDn shortcuts. Please recommend a fix!!!

:)

MTrappiel, Nov 28, 2018
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Both CTRL keys not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

• Do you get any error message?
    • Did you make any changes in your computer prior to this issue?

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

Method 1: To check if Ctrl keys work in Onscreen keyboard.

• Press Windows Key + R and type osk and hit Enter.
    Try using Ctrl keys and check if that helps.

if you still face the issue, try Method 2.

Method 2: Run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with the Bluetooth adapter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

• Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Nov 28, 2018
  3. Both Ctrl keys not working

Hello,

If you're also experiencing the same, have you also tried using external keyboards and see if it makes any difference? Have you also checked if the CTRL keys work on onscreen keyboard? If you still haven't, just press
    Windows Key + R and type osk and hit Enter. By the way, when you say you've already "tried the troubleshooting", do you mean
    Hardware and Device Troubleshooter? If not, you can follow the steps below:

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with the Bluetooth adapter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

• Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.

We're looking forward to your response.

Michelle Vil, Nov 28, 2018
  4. Ctrl keys issue

CTRL Keys not working.

I tried all the above methods, but still it is not working. I noticed that the onscreen keyboard is working with the CTRL and also I tried connecting an external keyboard. That worked too. I don't understand how both the CTRL stopped working suddenly as
    I don't even use the right CTRL much.

ManthanGupta, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

Ctrl keys issue

1. Ctrl keys issue - Similar Threads - Ctrl keys issue

2. Issues with CTRL- Alt- and the Windows key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issues with CTRL- Alt- and the Windows key: Hi.I recently started having trouble with my keyboard. My escape key stopped working and so did my CTRL, ALT, And Windows Keys.I figured it might've been due to it being old or damaged from use.I then bought a new keyboard Roccat TKL Pro which has never been used before. It...
  3. left ctrl key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    left ctrl key: My left control keys minimizes my open programs and then opens Cortana. This is causing a few problems, how do I disable this function. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/left-ctrl-key/f961a67d-cd1a-4557-bb0e-c49c0d02eed8
  4. left ctrl key

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    left ctrl key: My left control keys minimizes my open programs and then opens Cortana. This is causing a few problems, how do I disable this function. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/left-ctrl-key/f961a67d-cd1a-4557-bb0e-c49c0d02eed8
  5. CTRL key locking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CTRL key locking: After updating Windows a few days ago I've been having an issue with the CTRL being locked without pressing it. I've opened the on screen keyboard and see that the key is lit but there's no way to undo it. It happens randomly and I have no way to fix it other than to reboot....
  6. CTRL key locking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CTRL key locking: After updating Windows a few days ago I've been having an issue with the CTRL being locked without pressing it. I've opened the on screen keyboard and see that the key is lit but there's no way to undo it. It happens randomly and I have no way to fix it other than to reboot....
  7. The Ctrl key is always on

The Ctrl key is always on: The Ctrl key is always on even when I don’t press it physically and even I have released it. Is there any solution to it? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-ctrl-key-is-always-on/387d26ab-3554-445a-b39e-ffe1bcc090cb
  8. CTRL key is locked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CTRL key is locked: My control key is locked: in the on screen keyboard, ctrl is always pressed.I have tried:-Checking if sticky keys or any options similar are enabled, no they are not.-Running windows in safe mode, same problem.-Holding ctrl-shift for 15 seconds, it fixed the problem for like...
  9. CTRL KEY STUCK

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CTRL KEY STUCK: Recently my notebook have encountered a problem, every time i want to use it ctrl key is stuck. I have tried all of this solution but doesn't work : 1. pressing ctrl+shift for 15 seconds 2. pressing left and right ctrl for 5 seconds 3. double press left and right ctrl 4....
  10. Ctrl keys

Ctrl keys: Hey both Ctrl keys aren't working on my keyboard!! I installed a new windows and after that they haven't worked yet!! please HELP!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/ctrl-keys/8b095cfc-193d-4d00-b455-89b7d493d36d

Users found this page by searching for:

1. both ctrl keys not working laptop