Windows 10: CTRL keys not working on my laptop keyboard (Windows 10)

Discus and support CTRL keys not working on my laptop keyboard (Windows 10) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I'm currently having a problem regarding both CTRL keys on my Lenovo IdeaPad 700 which hasn't been responding whenever I'm using shortcut keys.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AbrahamArthemius, Nov 3, 2019.

1. CTRL keys not working on my laptop keyboard (Windows 10)

Hello, I'm currently having a problem regarding both CTRL keys on my Lenovo IdeaPad 700 which hasn't been responding whenever I'm using shortcut keys.

I've tried clicking CTRL + ALT + Fn and uninstall & reinstalling my keyboard drivers but it's only a temporary solution and it eventually not working again. I've been checking it using on-screen keyboard and found that the keys are still working fine. Right now I'm plugging an external keyboard and the CTRL keys work.

Is there probably a bug related problem brought out by the latest Windows update?

:)

AbrahamArthemius, Nov 3, 2019

2. laptop keyboard Ctrl key is not working

Dear sir

my laptop keyboard key is not working. I have facing ctrl+A ctrl+c key problem. Is not working at all. So sir please help me

vipintodwal1, Nov 3, 2019
  3. thadamm Win User
    Keyboard - ctrl keys stop working (until reset via key combinations)

Greetings,

I have been experiencing issues with my laptop keyboard's keys - both the left and the right "ctrl" keys. They are not responsive, and needlessly to say it is making the work on the laptop without an external keyboard quite difficult.

The ctrl keys on an external keyboard (as well as the on-screen one) work just fine.

The only solutions I have found that yield some success is to either:

1. Pressing both ctrl keys simultaneously for 10 seconds

2. Pressing Alt + Fn + Ctrl

but those solutions work for a very short time, and then the ctrl keys are dead again.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

thadamm, Nov 3, 2019
  4. skimpy123 Win User

CTRL keys not working on my laptop keyboard (Windows 10)

right side CTRL key does not work

Thanks for your response. I've tried all the steps you've recommended and my problem has not been resolved.

My computer is a Lenovo Ideapad P400 laptop so its not a stand alone keyboard. Right side ctrl key does not work on the on screen keyboard. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

skimpy123, Nov 3, 2019
Thema:

CTRL keys not working on my laptop keyboard (Windows 10)

1. CTRL keys not working on my laptop keyboard (Windows 10) - Similar Threads - CTRL keys working

2. In my keyboard CTRL and spacebar keys are not working..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In my keyboard CTRL and spacebar keys are not working..: In my keyboard CTRL and spacebar keys are not working please fix this issue whether it is hardware issue or software issue please confirm https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-my-keyboard-ctrl-and-spacebar-keys-are-not/0981b857-431a-4560-a6a7-9a799ede357a
  3. In my keyboard CTRL and spacebar keys are not working..

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    In my keyboard CTRL and spacebar keys are not working..: In my keyboard CTRL and spacebar keys are not working please fix this issue whether it is hardware issue or software issue please confirm https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-my-keyboard-ctrl-and-spacebar-keys-are-not/0981b857-431a-4560-a6a7-9a799ede357a
  4. In my keyboard CTRL and spacebar keys are not working..

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Both Left and Right CTRL keys are not working on my laptop keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Both Left and Right CTRL keys are not working on my laptop keyboard: Laptop was just open, left CTRL key was not working, despite that everything was fine a couple hours before.Tried to restart the laptop, to update the keyboard drivers.CTRL key is working on the Ease-Of-Use desktop keyboard - after I saw that, I also tried to use the right...
  6. Both Left and Right CTRL keys are not working on my laptop keyboard

Both Left and Right CTRL keys are not working on my laptop keyboard: Laptop was just open, left CTRL key was not working, despite that everything was fine a couple hours before.Tried to restart the laptop, to update the keyboard drivers.CTRL key is working on the Ease-Of-Use desktop keyboard - after I saw that, I also tried to use the right...
  7. My laptop ctrl key is not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop ctrl key is not working.: My HP Pavilion X360 laptop ctrl key is not working but on pressing alt keyright side, my ctrl key is also pressedfound out when ran online keyboard test. Thus, I can't use ctrl+C, ctrl+V like shortcuts. Any solution?...
  8. My laptop ctrl key is not working.

My laptop ctrl key is not working.: My HP Pavilion X360 laptop ctrl key is not working but on pressing alt keyright side, my ctrl key is also pressedfound out when ran online keyboard test. Thus, I can't use ctrl+C, ctrl+V like shortcuts. Any solution?...
  9. KEYBOARD KEYS(shift,ctrl not working)

KEYBOARD KEYS(shift,ctrl not working): All the function keys are not working .It is happening since a month that laptop keyboard keys are not working.External keyboard when connected works good...
  10. Ctrl + C key Combination is not working in my windows 10 Laptop

Ctrl + C key Combination is not working in my windows 10 Laptop: Ctrl + C key combination is not working in windows 10 laptop. Other Ctrl Combination is working. i tried reinstalling the drivers but didn't help. this problem is not applicable to one application but to all apps. Please Suggest a solution....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Cntrl key not working on keyboard

2. laptop keyboard ctrl key issues