Windows 10: Ctrl Lock on Windows 10

Discus and support Ctrl Lock on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently I discovered that my Asus laptop has Ctrl Lock where I would try to type but it would not work or my mouse wouldn't scroll either up or down.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BlazeF, Dec 10, 2018.

1. BlazeF Win User

Ctrl Lock on Windows 10

Recently I discovered that my Asus laptop has Ctrl Lock where I would try to type but it would not work or my mouse wouldn't scroll either up or down. An example of this is when I type 'w' but my entire page closes or when I type 'a' and the selects everything or scrolling my mouse zooms in or out of the page. I have already unchecked all the sticky keys and filter keys, but it seems like none of this is working and it is really stressful.

:)

BlazeF, Dec 10, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 10, 2018
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Dec 10, 2018
  4. Ctrl Lock on Windows 10

Why Windows 10 don't goes to login screen after CTRL+ALT+DELETE?

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

CTRL+ALT+DELETE will open you log-in screen in Windows 10 too. I suggest you to try pressing
    Ctrl+SHIFT+Esc key and check if it opens the Task manager. If issue persist, I suggest you to try below given steps and check if it works.

This issue may occur due to some system file corruption.
    I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
      • Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Dec 10, 2018
Thema:

Ctrl Lock on Windows 10

1. Ctrl Lock on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Ctrl Lock

2. Dsabled ctrl alt delete and use username and password on lock screen when I installed a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dsabled ctrl alt delete and use username and password on lock screen when I installed a...: I installed a security script off of github and upon locking the screen or sleeping, it now requires me to press ctrl alt delete to wake up the screen. I tried removing it by looking up online sources and disabling the "require username and password to login" as well as...
  3. Dsabled ctrl alt delete and use username and password on lock screen when I installed a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dsabled ctrl alt delete and use username and password on lock screen when I installed a...: I installed a security script off of github and upon locking the screen or sleeping, it now requires me to press ctrl alt delete to wake up the screen. I tried removing it by looking up online sources and disabling the "require username and password to login" as well as...
  4. Dsabled ctrl alt delete and use username and password on lock screen when I installed a...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. After Windows 11 22H2 update, after a reboot/ lock screen/ sign out, when a user does ctrl...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Windows 11 22H2 update, after a reboot/ lock screen/ sign out, when a user does ctrl...: After Windows 11 22H2 update, after a reboot or lock screen or sign out, when a user does ctrl + alt + del they get a black screen sometimes with a mouse cursor. They then need to do ctrl+alt+del 3-5 additional times to get a login window. This occurs on devices with 1 user...
  6. After Windows 11 22H2 update, after a reboot/ lock screen/ sign out, when a user does ctrl...

After Windows 11 22H2 update, after a reboot/ lock screen/ sign out, when a user does ctrl...: After Windows 11 22H2 update, after a reboot or lock screen or sign out, when a user does ctrl + alt + del they get a black screen sometimes with a mouse cursor. They then need to do ctrl+alt+del 3-5 additional times to get a login window. This occurs on devices with 1 user...
  7. Caps lock key remap to <ctrl> problem with logitech keyboard

Caps lock key remap to <ctrl> problem with logitech keyboard: I remapped <caps lock> to <ctrl> for Emacs, since that is the normal position for <ctrl> for us old folks. Once in a while I will hit <caps lock> and instead of it being converted to <ctrl> it will actually set the caps lock. Then every character I try to type will be upper...
  8. Caps lock key remap to <ctrl> problem with logitech keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Caps lock key remap to <ctrl> problem with logitech keyboard: I remapped <caps lock> to <ctrl> for Emacs, since that is the normal position for <ctrl> for us old folks. Once in a while I will hit <caps lock> and instead of it being converted to <ctrl> it will actually set the caps lock. Then every character I try to type will be upper...
  9. Caps lock key remap to <ctrl> problem with logitech keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Stuck on the Windows 10 Lock Screen. CTRL+ALT+DEL Not Responding

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck on the Windows 10 Lock Screen. CTRL+ALT+DEL Not Responding: I have a user stuck on the Windows 10 lock screen. CTRL+ALT+DEL is enabled, but not responding. All he gets is a flash on the screen. We have tried multiple keyboards and I ran a startup repair, following steps 1 and 2 on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows lock on ctrl