Windows 10: CTRL + mouse scroll change my playback volume

Discus and support CTRL + mouse scroll change my playback volume in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When i press the CTRL key on my keyboard + the mouse scroll up or down it will change the playback volume of the volume output device. I didnt find a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Stienuss, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Stienuss Win User

CTRL + mouse scroll change my playback volume

When i press the CTRL key on my keyboard + the mouse scroll up or down it will change the playback volume of the volume output device. I didnt find a solution.

CTRL + mouse scroll change my playback volume ab25a009-2deb-4236-85c5-f8d142c65011?upload=true.png

:)

Stienuss, Apr 10, 2021

2. How do I change scroll direction of a mouse NOT listed under Mice?

Thanks; yes, those are great directions and did work to change the direction of the wired mouse that came with the computer. But the mouse I'm using doesn't show up as a mouse in the hardware list, so I can't follow the rest of those steps. I need the mouse to appear on the list of mice in order to complete this sequence.

salishsong, Apr 10, 2021
  3. Why is my mouse scroll changing my volume

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your mouse scroll, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g. updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or a wireless mouse?
    • Have you tried using your mouse to a different computer? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried a different mouse to your current computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try installing the latest hardware driver to resolve the issue. You may follow the steps provided by
    Andre Da Costa in his article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Apr 10, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Quick change for mouse scroll options

Hello Frank, *Smile

The registry location for this setting is below from step 5 in option 3 of the tutorial below.

Change Mouse Scroll Speed in Windows 10

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop

WheelScrollLines string value (1 to 100)

Brink, Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

1. CTRL + mouse scroll change my playback volume - Similar Threads - CTRL mouse scroll

2. My mouse changes my volume settings on it's own?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse changes my volume settings on it's own?: Whenever I am streaming content on netflix or youtube, my mouse can change my audio settings on the right side of my screen. for example a show is playing and if I move my mouse up and down on the right side of the screen, the audio increases and decreases respectively. I am...
  3. Scroll Wheel is changing the volume, not scrolling the page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scroll Wheel is changing the volume, not scrolling the page: It just opens a little sound window and lowers the volume. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scroll-wheel-is-changing-the-volume-not-scrolling/5c92ced9-f70a-4ea6-a31f-6ee19a91602c
  4. Scroll Wheel is changing the volume, not scrolling the page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scroll Wheel is changing the volume, not scrolling the page: It just opens a little sound window and lowers the volume. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scroll-wheel-is-changing-the-volume-not-scrolling/5c92ced9-f70a-4ea6-a31f-6ee19a91602c
  5. Mouse Scroll Wheel Only Changing Volume?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Scroll Wheel Only Changing Volume?: My scroll mouse isn't working properly. The scroll button only changes the volume on my laptop. I want the scroll wheel to work as intended. I work on long word documents and not having the scroll wheel is impacting my productivity. I am currently using the Logitech MX Master...
  6. Mouse Not Scrolling, Only controls Volume

Mouse Not Scrolling, Only controls Volume: Since the last update to Windows 10 I have no way to change the vertical scrolling on my mouse. It only affects the volume control. This is affecting all aspects of control including gaming and browsing. I have already uninstalled and re-installed the driver....
  7. Is it possible to change volume by scrolling on volume icon?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to change volume by scrolling on volume icon?: Hello, recently, I installed Windows 10 on my laptop (after 1 year on Linux). So i tried to scroll on volume icon, but nothing changes. In Linux, when scrolling on volume icon, you change volume by 5 percents/step submitted by /u/mojiberus [link] [comments]...
  8. Disable ctrl+scroll layout change in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disable ctrl+scroll layout change in file explorer: Hey, I want to disable the keyboard+mouse shortcut that changes the folder layout when you accidentally scroll when clicking ctrl at the same time. It's super annoying that the folder layout jumps around and changes when selecting/de-selecting multiple files. Tried...
  9. My scroll wheel changes volume

My scroll wheel changes volume: So my scroll wheel keeps randomly changing the volume sometimes it does sometimes it doeasnt and it's not about the cpi button beacause i tried that as well. I tried unplugging then plugging it back in but that didn't work either. Can someone help me? IS there a way to...
  10. mouse scroll only affects volume

mouse scroll only affects volume: mouse scroll only works to change the control does not do any of the other normal stuff https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/mouse-scroll-only-affects-volume/cfa086ad-73a5-4e0b-965e-0c7fa6b85dcd