Windows 10: ctrl+S button problem. Its working like its opposite

Discus and support ctrl+S button problem. Its working like its opposite in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I try to save text in google dox, ms word and every where with ctrl+S, its automatically delete my texts. Why?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by abhishektiwari111, Feb 1, 2020.

1. ctrl+S button problem. Its working like its opposite

When I try to save text in google dox, ms word and every where with ctrl+S, its automatically delete my texts.

Why?

:)

abhishektiwari111, Feb 1, 2020

2. CTRL + does not work \ Не работает CTRL +

Each press of Ctrl+ enlarges my Google Chrome display in discrete steps. Ctrl- does the opposite. I use an US-International keyboard layout. I suspect the problem is restricted to your machine. Best to test it on other machines too.

Frederik Long, Feb 1, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Both CTRL keys not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

• Do you get any error message?
    • Did you make any changes in your computer prior to this issue?

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

Method 1: To check if Ctrl keys work in Onscreen keyboard.

• Press Windows Key + R and type osk and hit Enter.
    Try using Ctrl keys and check if that helps.

if you still face the issue, try Method 2.

Method 2: Run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with the Bluetooth adapter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

• Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Feb 1, 2020
  4. ctrl+S button problem. Its working like its opposite

Start Button displaying but not working

The start button was working until there was a forced reboot (power failure). Then left click (normal click) over the start button does absolutely nothing. Right click brings up a menu but "programs" and also "settings" are missing and not included on this list. Search or Task View buttons do not work either with "normal" click. Does anyone have any suggestion or fixes?
    Thank you in advance *Huh
    Sue

suejbakula, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

ctrl+S button problem. Its working like its opposite

1. ctrl+S button problem. Its working like its opposite - Similar Threads - ctrl+S button problem

2. its not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    its not working: its not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/its-not-working/007ce7bb-166d-4731-a8f8-8bcdda3e4b24
  3. its not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    its not working: its not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/its-not-working/007ce7bb-166d-4731-a8f8-8bcdda3e4b24
  4. its not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. my ctrl button opens up task manager on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my ctrl button opens up task manager on its own: when i press the ctrl button, its pressing ctrl alt del at the same time, i unplugged it, drivers reistalled, reinstalled the pc, i tired basiclly everything just not registery stuff, pls help...
  6. my ctrl button opens up task manager on its own

my ctrl button opens up task manager on its own: when i press the ctrl button, its pressing ctrl alt del at the same time, i unplugged it, drivers reistalled, reinstalled the pc, i tired basiclly everything just not registery stuff, pls help...
  7. my ctrl button opens up task manager on its own

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. CTRL Key Acting Like its being repeatedly pressed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CTRL Key Acting Like its being repeatedly pressed.: I have a windows 10 laptop, and a yesterday, my control key started randomly repeating when i held it down.I tried Windows + Space, and i have filter keys off.I have had this computer for 4 years now and i cannot fix it.There are NO crumbs under the keys, ive blown out and...
  9. CTRL Key Acting Like its being repeatedly pressed.

CTRL Key Acting Like its being repeatedly pressed.: I have a windows 10 laptop, and a yesterday, my control key started randomly repeating when i held it down.I tried Windows + Space, and i have filter keys off.I have had this computer for 4 years now and i cannot fix it.There are NO crumbs under the keys, ive blown out and...
  10. its not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    its not working: my backward s key with the minus sound does not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/its-not-working/10babf1f-b07f-4f2d-933d-8a38665e1fd3